Gorilla Glue#4

• Thread starter StoneyK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HeadKracker

HeadKracker

im flippin 12 GG's next week!!!!!! cant wait!! i agree Hammarhead it does have avery unique smell n taste.. a buddy said it best... " smellin those fumes of the GG4" another buddy likes to refer to it as Huffin That Glue everytime i open a jar...lol... its like a sweet n sour candy chem.. the chem def comes out, but has a sweetness n sourness to it to! i absolutely love it..

StoneyK

StoneyK

If you paid less than $40 consider it free. You still have to take into account people use their space, time, supplies and
If you paid less than $40 consider it free. You still have to take into account people use their space, time, supplies and electricity.
LOL hey technically its still not FREE...
Please don't misunderstand I consider myself lucky to have gotten the cut I wasnt complaining.
Just sayin it may not always be possible to get for free because yes your absolutely correct light time electric an supplies cost money .
However if you can get it for a decent price its WELL WORTH the investment.
I would have paid 5x what I did just to have a verified cut...
NOOOOO complaints here my friend. :)
I came prepared to pay hundreds what I got it for was LOVE!

lino

lino

funniest part, with tons of good breeder in USA, its pollen chuking hermie plant that win cannabis cup lol... And this stuff looks dank, cant wait to run her.
you took the words out of my mouth,,,,, hermy,,,wtf,,, cup winner and it looks like some killer shit! - - I wouldnt want a hermy in my seed bank but maybe my bong. lol

monkeymun

monkeymun

Fact is the GG#4 will be or is the next big thing. I would pay for a verified pest free cut. Thats an investment you cant lose on @200. If your in the circle of trust you trade cuts with the crew out of pure love and respect all day.

Yes, I think you are right about this. Will doubtless become choice breeding stock too.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
Already started with GG x HB ,GG x Querkle. Im still going through the seeds both of these phenos toss bottom naners . This line has the hermie trait. Might take some time to find a better one then whats posted for the GG x HB...Some have got naners on the GG#4 she can be sensitive in some gardens.. I have not seen any on mine.

sticky icky

sticky icky

Can't wait to get a run in with this gal finally, had her for along time but just haven't gotten around to her ... I remember smoking on a few nugs about a year or so ago from this cat who's round wasn't dialed to say the least and really liked the unique flavor and smell just been so long I can't remember quite how The flavor was haha ... But I could deff see the potential in the cut ... Looks like you guys are dialing that bitch in .. Very nice work ... @hammerhead Hope you find some killers in them beans ... Gg xHb looks fire ... What HB cut did you use in that Cross bro ?

lino

lino

GG#4 - parents and Breeding
In animal breeding people form clubs.. well formed clubs like the (AKC) to keep genetics pure preventing/controlling inbreeding ("identical by descent" IBD, and "identical by state", or IBS, these are IBL inbred lines) and to stop/control humans from improper breeding . I'm disgusted that a poss hermy was allowed in the contest. What a disgrace and then I here talk of breeding GG#4. And then to read threads about the pedigree of this freak of nature, GG#4 and it bums me out.
Is there hope?
We just spent years working to bring back a pure yellow Bison and I see the same happening to tigers in captivity also and now cannabis.
Tranny Bred Plants
Fortunately ! due to the shelf life of Plant seeds it is harder to do this to plants. I dont want to get into complexity but hermies can be strange also in the gametes and alleles and FUCK shit up in seeds, dont get me wrong a true breeder can use transgenic to breed and then later be bred to homozygosity and maintained as an inbred line to reduce the need to confirm the genotypes of each offspring , animal and plant seed embryo propagation. But heres is why AKC and 99% of breeding clubs dont allow transgenics in to a breed with any of its certified club breeds and its usually a scientist who makes this decision "Not to use transgenic breeds". Answer;; most of us dont understand the difference in Zygosity, allozygous autozygous hemizygous heterozygous nullizygous and homozygous and after ya think ya know all that shit mother nature throws a cpl of monozygotics and dizgotics in your breeding charts....
What should you do
So all you guys PM me and I'll give you a address to send those junk GG#4 cuts to.... I'll get rid of them for you... :yuck: ,
oh , and spelling might be messy.

StoneyK

StoneyK

If you know so much and are so disgusted put up or shut up...
Enter something better.
Plenty of breeders did and in the end gg4 won...
Jw or sunset didnt beibe anyone if anything they were huge underdogs.
I wont even try to argue with your science its way above my head.
And you make a valid point about saving pure breeding lines and stability but as you say it can be stabilized it just takes more effort if I understand correctly.
Well then in my opinon the gg4 is special enough to put in the work.
Its too bad you couldnt help with some of that knowledge instead of trying to talk down a strain youve probably never even had the pleasure of enjoying, id wager your opinion might be different if you had.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
the best male from a bunch of HB seeds that got popped was used. we have the clone only HB aka Daywreaker,underdawg,Original diesel

. you think GG#4 is the only strain like this ha ha .. Most of the clone only elite strain came from Hermie plants. Animal breeding and plant breeding are not the same animal not even close... The real question is why do we see better plants with hermie traits then with plants that don't. I have found some good plants in f1,f2...seeds but So far S1 or Hermie seeds have produce the bulk of clone only elite plants.. Some of the best well know strains originated from Hermie seeds. I have no issues with my plants producing some seeds in fact I like finding s1 seeds in my keepers. What I don't like is full blown hermie plants these are unusable.

lino

lino

Stoney,,, I'm come off as a know it all and arrogant ,,, kinda, but no worse that the average male cannabis breeder on the forum. I'm not that way in real life. In the last cpl yrs I have picked up amazing amounts of cannabis growing knowledge from You guys, I have learned more from you guys,, More than you will ever learn from me, I humbly acknowledge this. I have a small group of growers I mentor that cooperate in breeding programs of more than cannabis, but we have a strong/main focus on cannabis. I test them hard and we get pissed off and I lecture them when they're fucking up... And we have viscous debates and many times I fuck up and hurt/kill plants and I get a lecture from a student after going against their advice.

Pls try to recognize that this post was sent to me by someone who does not enjoy our cannabis pleasures other than growing the plant and gets very confused by our use of hermies in the breeding of a cannabis plant that does not produce a perfect flower. Rite in the middle of lecture on "why a grower should understand breeding before working with a plant like GG#4 (hermy) until they understand Gregor Mendel. Then I get sent a post like this GG#4 from someone I mentor, the day I post a test questions that address's this, but whatever their scholastic s,,, their studies have entailed propagation of embryos , animal and plant,, so they get very confused at our breeding practices. They understand that many farmers dont understand DNA/punnet charts/inheritance and their at school many hours a day being taught how to straighten out messes like we're creating . The Pics are from the day after my lecture,,,bottom punnet chart (pic 2) has the answer posted and since student/breeders read this they'll see the answers that we should all understand this before any pollen is on a GG#4.....

HAMMERhead:
As much as I bad Mouth these strains and breeding practices < i sure like the tastes we're producing. When I witnessed a yellow bison in a test tube to the wound of a cow I was shocked at the resemblance of the embryo rescue techniques and cloning procedure compared to what I researched in plants. Many of the cleansing chemicals are the same also and of the same dilutions,... The medium/agar's and enzymes would vary sometimes but to me the main difference is blowing air into a fetus born fighting for survival. One other difference , I never loose tears over the death of a plant,,, might cus and bitch tho.

2014 02 23 104404
2014 02 23 104441
2014 02 23 104518
Last edited:
StoneyK

StoneyK

had your first post been like your second posing thoughtful questions and your confusion of usin a hermie as a breeder it would have probably sparked a useful discussion of breeding tech and practices....
But when ya come in tellin us that our prized genetics belong in the trash well... that tends to offend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom