Got Raided. 24 Ounces And 100 Plants. How Screwed Am I?

• Thread starter mike565656
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

What are they charging you with? How many patients do you have?

Was anything in violation of the mmj law? even something as simple as a locked door to the grow room being unlocked will invalidate your rec..

Think hard, did you violate the mmj law?

If you did, or they find you did, Expect full felony charges.

Yeah your defense is fucked.. Good luck get a REALLY good Lawyer...

...And along comes Dabbie-Downer...

john martin

john martin

BTW, the defense against being overweight is in Section 8, which I believe provides protection from criminal charges, but not civil ones:

"(2) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marihuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition; and"

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
BTW, the defense against being overweight is in Section 8, which I believe provides protection from criminal charges, but not civil ones:

"(2) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marihuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition; and"
the whole section 8 part that your talking about has already been heard by the Michigan Supreme Court should have a ruling by June...:)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Have all my medical cards. Never been arrested or convicted of a crime. Have a full time tax paying job.

30 of the plants were unrooted clones.
I have no advice, but I am *so* sorry to read of this, especially about the clones.
had a signed search warrant. How they got it is beyond me, no one has even really been in my house. I guess ill find out.

im in wayne county.
If the court allows you to start with one, get a PD (public defender), have them do discovery for you. Then, once you have discovery, spend your hard-earned on the big guns. This momma knows just how quickly that retainer gets eaten up just with discovery.
Don't ask don't tell on how i know this site please.
They can't fucking spell catalytic converters. Real geniuses there, eh? On the flip side, you can pick up a lot of tractor equipment.. hm...

kes54800

kes54800

feel for u bro...:(

:mad:fuck the police! just let us be...were not harming a soul.

the criminal justice system is a huge business...a very profitable one... its very discouraging knowing about some of these laws and how they do absolutely nothing to protect anyone, just in place to charge someone for profit... attorney fees,court fees, probation fees, etc etc etc...

just keep your head up bud. we're here for u!

KeS

curious was it local, state or feds that raided you?

symbiote420

symbiote420

So sorry to hear of your run in with the "law," they have been on a killing spree in MI as of late. I wanna correct what was said about unrooted cuts not being added to your count..... don't believe that ish, you bet your ass they do! Trust me every since my door was unrightfully kicked in over some BS I've been sort of a student of the MI med laws (probably should take my middle aged body back to school lol).... if they didn't take anything from the property you're probably straight but everybody please keep your numbers in check, hell I try to stay anywhere from 2 - 10 under just to show those fockers if they ever try for a return visit ain't nobody doing nothing wrong up in here!

Hope it all works out for ya.... btw Schuette seems to have changed his stance on MMJ, whole buncha tobacco co. lobbyist trolling Lansing these days, seems they've been watching Colorado like a hawk and seek to form a mini monopoly here..... wheels been in motion for a minute too, remember when they passed the law for pharmacies to hold mj... that was them!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Been there, done this.....Hate to say it but your in for a long, painful, and expensive process..you probably won't be charged for a month or so but get ready for some felony charges for cultivation, possession, and possession wit intent to distribute..possibly your patients will all be charged with the same thing on conspiracy charges as well. Another thing that really sucks is once your actually charged and in court, your medical cards and protections mean absolutely nothing, you probably will not even be able to bring it up or mention it in court if you get that far in the process. They will give you a quick civics lesson on how the legislative and judicial system are two different branches and how the courts/judicial system is under federal mandate and has nothing to do with state legislate laws...more than likely your going to get a stack of felonies to look at then they will offer you a plea deal if you plead guilty to one of the big ones..then you'll just have to tow the line for a few years to stay out of jail. Pre-trial plea is going to cost about $20,000 and probably another $20,000 if you decide to take it to trial, that's pretty much the going rate for attorneys no matter where you are. If you fast track it in the courts your still looking at closet to a year just to get some final resolution.

The other side of it is that you might not get charged at all, stranger things have happened...but don't hold you breath

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
the criminal justice system is a huge business...a very profitable one... its very discouraging knowing about some of these laws and how they do absolutely nothing to protect anyone, just in place to charge someone for profit... attorney fees,court fees, probation fees, etc etc etc...
Man, have you got THAT right! I call it the criminal INjustice system.
I wanna correct what was said about unrooted cuts not being added to your count..... don't believe that ish, you bet your ass they do!
Same with me, cops said unrooted cuts were considered individual plants according to the county DA.

M

mike565656

Haven't heard anything yet. Other then Wayne county passed on the case..but Washtenaw county is trying to pick it up? I dont live in Washtenaw county...i dont get it.

M

mike565656

If nothing happened in Washtenaw, they cannot try you in Washtenaw, according to what an attorney has told me...

Yeah my attorney was scratching his head as well. Dont know if this is good or bad....dont know what to think anymore.

john martin

john martin

I *think* as long as you are sure you had nothing to do with Washtenaw then you shouldn't have anything to worry about...

Top Bottom