Got some questions about Colorado

• Thread starter organicozarks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
organicozarks

organicozarks

Only a few weeks now, and something interesting has been going on. I have been calling Dispensaries that advertise that they sell organic flowers, and not 1 of them has actually proven that they sell organic flowers. They either don't get into the details of how they grow, or better yet they start to stutter and mumble. Then they say something like, "have you tried to maintain a bug free 300 light grow without chemical insecticides?"

WOW! That is all I have to say. I can't believe these people are allowed to advertise that they are growing organically when in all reality they are spraying chemicals on their plants. So far I have not found one place that I would purchase product from. Very discouraging to say the least.

I always figured that it was the smaller guys that are going to be the go to for top quality organic flowers. Seems to be a fact now.

Maybe with the new labeling law some of this shit will stop.

sky high

sky high

There has been a labeling requirement since these shit holes opened and screwed the pooch. Thing is...nobody is watching them so they can put on the label whatever they please...just as they shoot illegal/black market weed out the back door that is tagged (gag with me now) as being grown in control from "Seed to sale".

good luck with the relocation. Bring yer coat

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
No shit, it turned into Carhartt time all of the sudden...I ran out in my shorts and tshirt on monday and turned my ass back around to get some clothes on...layers baby, its all about the layers now

organicozarks

organicozarks

I figure I will warm back up in June of 2014. :) Seriously. We all realized that we don't have shit for winter clothing once we started packing. Should be fun!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Only a few weeks now, and something interesting has been going on. I have been calling Dispensaries that advertise that they sell organic flowers, and not 1 of them has actually proven that they sell organic flowers. They either don't get into the details of how they grow, or better yet they start to stutter and mumble. Then they say something like, "have you tried to maintain a bug free 300 light grow without chemical insecticides?"

WOW! That is all I have to say. I can't believe these people are allowed to advertise that they are growing organically when in all reality they are spraying chemicals on their plants. So far I have not found one place that I would purchase product from. Very discouraging to say the least.

I always figured that it was the smaller guys that are going to be the go to for top quality organic flowers. Seems to be a fact now.

Maybe with the new labeling law some of this shit will stop.

I only know of two dispos in boulder that are 100% organic and each one has pretty major pest problems (pretty fire buds though). I wouldn't trust anything a dispensary advertises, any owners who are passionate about connoisseur cannabis have been pushed out years ago.

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

sad to hear about the organics in the dispensary. but i guess it makes sense. I never hear of anything good from them. This is why we all grow our own.

Johnny Redthumb

Johnny Redthumb

Your best bet for quality medication that isn't bad for you is to grow your own or get to know private growers/caregivers. ALL dispensaries push poison, and its never truly been for "helping people". The business model was that of a vice from the beginning, both with the shops and with the enforcing authorities. And vices in America are only ever regulated for tax revenue, not for health and well being. Tobacco, alcohol, and gambling all could careless if the products kill you. Why should weed be different? If anything, the government supports anything that will increase yield, therefore increasing revenue.

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

Its still a wonder thought that there isn't 1 or 2 safe places to get quality buds. With so many growers and people in this industry that really do have a passion for this plant and to share it with others. I couldn't agree more with you though on how alcohol, tobacco and weed are all the same to the government. but i wish i could see a mom and pop shop open up with the customer in mind keeping quality as the priority. If 300 light systems are too hard to manage then don't have a 300 light system.

Johnny Redthumb

Johnny Redthumb

Its still a wonder thought that there isn't 1 or 2 safe places to get quality buds. With so many growers and people in this industry that really do have a passion for this plant and to share it with others. I couldn't agree more with you though on how alcohol, tobacco and weed are all the same to the government. but i wish i could see a mom and pop shop open up with the customer in mind keeping quality as the priority. If 300 light systems are too hard to manage then don't have a 300 light system.

if you haven't been here to witness the last five years or so of madness that has occured in this "industry" (i hate that word), then its hard to explain and summerize whats happend. there used to be some great mom and pop shops, but none of em could keep up with, or were not willing to keep up with, what the state government was expecting. basically the state catered all of the "industry" to suit and tie guys and made it just short of impossible for anyone that didn't have major backing. if you werent sitting on at least half a million that you were willing to just put in the slot machine and gamble away, than you were out. the govt was trying to get rid of the hippies and wasnt shy about it. and this agenda only got pushed further by the likes of river rock and similar types, mostly out-of-state big money guys from the east coast. then they dropped the prices so low, that you cant even compete unless you have at least 300 lights, and so the quality dropped. no one cared about the quality drop at first, blue collar guys and college students were jumping for joy at $100 ounces. some of em are regretting it now when they realized that most of the true quality and variety is already gone. shops sell 20 different strains that all mildy taste of liquid karma, calmag, and neem, and not much else.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

there are def some really good spots out there, even some quality in the big guys. It's just very few and far between.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

shops sell 20 different strains that All mildy taste of liquid karma, calmag, and neem, and not much else.

Or, my favorite, the same strain, named 20 different ways...Or some same strain different addivites/nutes regiment :) Or my favorite of all, 20 different strains, but all 50% AK or Skunk.

Reminds me of a time I was arguing with a Disp owner (back in the day) about which strain was which. I told him:
"I don't give a fuck what you call it! But that one is X and that one is Y"...
"Are you sure, because I think it's the other way around."
"Yes. I am sure, one is a Skunk hybrid the other an Indica...See!"
"Well, I don't know..."
"Well, like I said, I don't give a fuck what you call it, but I grew the shit and I'm tired of arguing about it."

summitoker

summitoker

fwiw here is the pink house ingredient list...i have bought some very tasty og's from them

Phosphate, nitrogen, potash, calcium, magnesium, kelp, molasses, silica, vitamin b, quillajo extract, humic&fulvic acid, zinc, manganese, sulpher, brewers yeast, alfalfa extract, and a "proprietary blend of organic compounds"

I think they use general organics but not sure.....

organicozarks

organicozarks

fwiw here is the pink house ingredient list...i have bought some very tasty og's from them

Phosphate, nitrogen, potash, calcium, magnesium, kelp, molasses, silica, vitamin b, quillajo extract, humic&fulvic acid, zinc, manganese, sulpher, brewers yeast, alfalfa extract, and a "proprietary blend of organic compounds"

I think they use general organics but not sure.....

That ingredient list is vague at best. In standard organic production(farms) everything has to be documented, and the farmer is glad to share this information with you.

When I see the word "organic" being used, and then it is followed up by someone stating they use secret growing techniques, alarms sound. It is very unprofessional. I can't believe they get away with this. Standards need to be set, and parameters followed for minimum requirements to use the word "organic."

Seems there is a vacuum up there for such a thing.

sky high

sky high

Vacuum? LOL. Many things >suck< about this "industry'...that's for sure. If you have high expectations you are gonna be disappointed. In the end, greed is greed, legalized or not.....and folks will do and say whatever they have to to make a sale and stay afloat. Sadly, shady practices aren't going to lessen as competition heats up. Here comes the Big Top again....

Fortunately few of us are stupid enough to actually have to buy pot and be exposed to such bullshit tactics. Be safe folks.

summitoker

summitoker

That ingredient list is vague at best. In standard organic production(farms) everything has to be documented, and the farmer is glad to share this information with you.

When I see the word "organic" being used, and then it is followed up by someone stating they use secret growing techniques, alarms sound. It is very unprofessional. I can't believe they get away with this. Standards need to be set, and parameters followed for minimum requirements to use the word "organic."

Seems there is a vacuum up there for such a thing.

Notice the fwiw, for what its worth.

They were happy to talk with me about how they grow, and there is only so much room to write shit on a little bottle.

And all this organic nonsense gets taken to far....you want organic, go find a plant in the wild from a seed that a bird shit out while flying over the forest, that sprouted and grew with nothing but rain and native soil....good luck. Because once you put it under artificial light and use anything out of a bottle, organic went out the window. And my personal grows use only plant based nutrients, do i use the word organic or veganic, no because it will be misunderstood.

Top Bottom