Got some questions about Colorado

• Thread starter organicozarks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
organicozarks

organicozarks

I beg to differ on organics. I don't use things out of bottles either.

Growing my own is ultimately what I will be doing, however as we all know it takes time for plants to grow. So in the mean time I am trying to find a place that has organic flowers.

Johnny Redthumb

Johnny Redthumb

fwiw here is the pink house ingredient list...i have bought some very tasty og's from them

Phosphate, nitrogen, potash, calcium, magnesium, kelp, molasses, silica, vitamin b, quillajo extract, humic&fulvic acid, zinc, manganese, sulpher, brewers yeast, alfalfa extract, and a "proprietary blend of organic compounds"

I think they use general organics but not sure.....

Calcium and magnesium are cations are tend to bond to things, they don't usually exist in nature in their elemental forms. Nitrogen is just as clueless, it only exists inert in our atmosphere, and then its everywhere. Phosphate is an anion and will also bond to things. Sounds like they didn't even read the bottles they grow with. They tried to sound smart to stupid people, but anyone with a grasp on basic chemistry would know that you just listed elements that are contained within almost all living things. You might as well just copy/paste a third of the periodic table on everything you produce. At the end of the day, nearly all plant matter will have similar chemical make-up, just in various proportions. Stupid.

If you need good meds to get you by, befriend one of us instead of a shop owner.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Calcium and magnesium are cations are tend to bond to things, they don't usually exist in nature in their elemental forms. Nitrogen is just as clueless, it only exists inert in our atmosphere, and then its everywhere. Phosphate is an anion and will also bond to things. Sounds like they didn't even read the bottles they grow with. They tried to sound smart to stupid people, but anyone with a grasp on basic chemistry would know that you just listed elements that are contained within almost all living things. You might as well just copy/paste a third of the periodic table on everything you produce. At the end of the day, nearly all plant matter will have similar chemical make-up, just in various proportions. Stupid.

If you need good meds to get you by, befriend one of us instead of a shop owner.

Naw dude, they just saw what someone else had written on their bottles and thought to themselves "That looks good to me."
If they can't (don't) enforce seed-to-sale, then how the hell the going to be a watchdog on consumer safety and truth in labeling???

ttystikk

ttystikk

Firstly, I am moving up there in November. I am not going to buy a house right away as I want to figure out the City first. The being said, do people grow in rent houses/condos/town homes/ etc.? What are the dangers of this?

I have grown in a rent house years ago, and it was stressful as hell. This was in a non-med/recreational State.

Secondly, I am looking for a warehouse in the denver/lakewood area for our business. It will not be for growing, however it would be nice if I could put a small room in there. Most of the warehouses I am seeing are saying no mmj. Mine would be a small personal grow, and not for a business.

Does anyone have any resources(websites, brokers, agents) for warehouses other than craigslist, and Google?

If you have first hand knowledge of warehouse space that would be great.

Thanks for the help!!!

Awesome! Always like to see more Farmers coming out this way!

You might have to change your handle, though...

ttystikk

ttystikk

Or, my favorite, the same strain, named 20 different ways...Or some same strain different addivites/nutes regiment :) Or my favorite of all, 20 different strains, but all 50% AK or Skunk.

Reminds me of a time I was arguing with a Disp owner (back in the day) about which strain was which. I told him:
"I don't give a fuck what you call it! But that one is X and that one is Y"...
"Are you sure, because I think it's the other way around."
"Yes. I am sure, one is a Skunk hybrid the other an Indica...See!"
"Well, I don't know..."
"Well, like I said, I don't give a fuck what you call it, but I grew the shit and I'm tired of arguing about it."

Colorado problems!

Johnny Redthumb

Johnny Redthumb

We've been talking about forming an independent testing lab that does "secret shoppers" with dispensaries. Testing product for residual pesticides, herbicides, PGRs, etc. Then having an online blacklist of all the dispensaries that have questionable test results. The site should be free to consumers and earn revenue by charging dispensaries to remove bad test results from the site (in which case we just go back a month or two later to test if they have corrected their bad practices).

ttystikk

ttystikk

We've been talking about forming an independent testing lab that does "secret shoppers" with dispensaries. Testing product for residual pesticides, herbicides, PGRs, etc. Then having an online blacklist of all the dispensaries that have questionable test results. The site should be free to consumers and earn revenue by charging dispensaries to remove bad test results from the site (in which case we just go back a month or two later to test if they have corrected their bad practices).

You could also draw a whole stack of lawsuits for libel and defamation, among other things. You better have deep pockets to fight back, right?

Johnny Redthumb

Johnny Redthumb

You could also draw a whole stack of lawsuits for libel and defamation, among other things. You better have deep pockets to fight back, right?

Or stay as anonymous as possible, keep the servers over-seas. Can't hide from the truth.

organicozarks

organicozarks

Getting product tested, and posting the results in no way is libel or defamation. I think that is a great idea. As long as you only stuck to the test results you are telling the truth. Nothing wrong with telling the truth, unless the dispensary happens to be lying.:)

Now if you have them pay to remove the results then I believe you are blackmailing. You would want to generate income through ad revenue. Once a test comes back you do not remove it ever. If a dispensary does not like the results then they can change up their program, and wait for someone to come back through.

I believe that you guys have it wrong. If a company is advertising something, and you get a test and prove them wrong, then it is the Company that is breaking the law. Liability falls on the producer of the product, not on the consumer.

sky high

sky high

And you can pass all the laws you want...like HB1284...but if there's no one there to enforce the laws (think MMED) they do little good to protect the consumer.

Good thing it's only the little guy with a basement or closet putting out tainted product, huh? :rolleyes:

Even better that most of us do not have to play this game whatsoever. Buy pot? Nah...I think I'll pass.

good luck w/the move.

organicozarks

organicozarks

And you can pass all the laws you want...like HB1284...but if there's no one there to enforce the laws (think MMED) they do little good to protect the consumer.

Good thing it's only the little guy with a basement or closet putting out tainted product, huh? :rolleyes:

Even better that most of us do not have to play this game whatsoever. Buy pot? Nah...I think I'll pass.

good luck w/the move.

I deal with tons of market growers, farmers, and home gardeners. I also deal with certified organic growers. They have to document everything, and I mean everything. If you request their documentation then you get it.

It should be the same way for cannabis.

sky high

sky high

And cannabis...now legal to grow here...truly shouldn't have all of this monetary value placed upon it. The big money weed used to bring was about the RISK at one point...and well deserved...but now...now there' little risk and the cost needs to reflect that completely... yet here we stand...greedy fucks all lining up...and the weed they sell will still be sold at "illegal" prices and taxed very heavily...moreso than any other product sold.

Yup. It needs to be more like the products the organic farmers you deal with sell. Reasonably priced, high-quality, and free of disease/pesticides.... and priced like all other produce or shared freely like backyard tomatoes are.

Yup, it should be the same way for cannabis.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Unfortunately, there is still huge risk and huge expense associated with "legal" weed trade, if anything it has gone up and is significantly higher in the cost of production than any basement grow in the state. Even today, most places cost per once is way way high, that is coming down and will come down further just due to the economy of scale and improved production methods but that does nothing to mitigate the risk of raid, robbery, license denial, theft, catastrophic crop loss/failure or the cost to play the states high stakes poker game where every hand is a minumum of a $10,000 annie and the rules always change daily like the weather.....there is or "legal" and "illegal" weed markets anymore imo, it's a free market and prices are consistant with that model..everytime a dispensary pushes up on weed prices, 2000 basement growers jerk off because it pushes their market price up with it, with them still being passive in controlling the market..pretty much anybody burnin over 2k is doin it to make money one way or the other, how much you charge all becomes a matter of degrees and if your chargin $150 or $300 a zip its all the same game.

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

I was going to bring my skills to the great state of colorado, but now I have no idea how to get my flowers to market there. How the fuck do you guys get by without being able to vend to dispensaries. I think cali is more my speed.

organicozarks

organicozarks

I was going to bring my skills to the great state of colorado, but now I have no idea how to get my flowers to market there. How the fuck do you guys get by without being able to vend to dispensaries. I think cali is more my speed.

I sure am glad that I am not trying to do that. Although there are many ways to get rid of flowers. :)

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

I sure am glad that I am not trying to do that. Although there are many ways to get rid of flowers. :)[/quot

You are not worried about finding a steady way of selling your flowers. In cali you can just shop around a little and you can get rid of a few units easy as pie. In colorado on the other hand, youll have to make connections first and then it will prob. Just be patient to patient sales, not fun.

organicozarks

organicozarks

I'm not going to Colorado to sell flowers. I am going for other reasons. I have no desire to sell flowers at all.

organicozarks

organicozarks

If I wanted to sell flowers I would stay put, and get 4k all day every day. 4.5k-5k in a drought. :)

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

Well... If I started selling here people would talk talk talk, and thats no good. So im just lookn for a like minded community with a legal outlet for me to vend my meds. Shit I would take a thousand a unit just to have the peace of mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom