• Start date
  • Tagged users None
clockworx

clockworx

BANKSY 1
BANKSY2 1

The large wall painting...
Download 15

Sorry its hard to get a good shot....its hanging on my wall....had to put some bud in there so you know its really me...;)

clockworx

clockworx

The work hes doing comes with a phone number for each piece....you call the number and hit # and the number of the art piece your viewing and he tells the story of the art or plays sounds that go with the work.......1800-656-4271 #5 is the war/ soldier piece....#6 is the mcdonald's statue ect ect ......check it out

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

monkeymun

monkeymun

Man I wish I had been one of those lucky people! Banksy is a champ.

clockworx

clockworx

Yea, people are hating on him... all the graf writers saying his shit souldnt get that much attention, that man has put in work to market himself while others just write stupid nicknames and wonder why they aren't getting famous. Its great art because its smart and has a message, the pieces he's just tossing up now are far from his greatest works, they are just quick pieces, wait for the grand finale and see what he does...

fractal

fractal

I love how he painted over a Damian Hirst piece and then sold it for almost $300,000. Hirst is pretty much everything that is wrong with modern art. . . I mean come on dude, embalmed dead animals does not high art make.

clockworx

clockworx

I'm not a fan of anything he does, no message at all....a rhinestone bike ? He builds statues and splashes paint on different items, he's a true sell out in every sense of the term....I like the banksy lady lifting up the Hirst poke a dot painting also, that piece is classic....

clockworx

clockworx

hiigv_25_670941.jpg

He tried to redeem himself after his painting accidentally had a homeless man evicted from his squat.
Banksy painted a water tank in Los Angeles with the words, "This looks a bit like an elephant." A man named Tachowa Covington had been living in this water tank for seven years before Banksy painted it. With so much attention from Banksy fans suddenly on his water tank shelter, art collectors bought the water tank, evicting Covington from his squat and leaving him homeless. To right his wrong, Banksy gave the man enough money to live for a year. Covington told The Independent, "There ain't no better man than Banksy...He was an angel to me. He helped me more than anybody helped me in my life."

clockworx

clockworx

Yea the fake banksy stand was funny, people are just stupid and don't even bother to look at the obvious. The guy even reads the "certificate of INauthenticity" and smiles with approval !!!! Jackass !!! I would pay to see those peoples faces when they found out they got beat for hundreds on some cheap spray paint copies... PRICELESS

darkmatter

darkmatter

I could but couldn't believe the fucking greedy fucks that took that sphinx right of the street.one of them was selling the bricks then a truck scooped it up for a art gallery.i mean they shoulda let it hang out for a few days.somebody shoulda bashed the shit up to stop it from going down like that.i guess it was gonna happen but damn.

clockworx

clockworx

Nah bro, you gotta remember this is ny....that piece laying there is like a box with 500,000 CASH sitting outside unattended....if they didn't take it someone else would have, people in those parts of the city are broke and that's LIFE CHANGING MONEY!!!! I will honestly say, if that was my auto shop and I found the piece opening up for work one day, I would have taken it also and wouldn't have said a word....only because 1 that's a lot of fuckin money and 2 some other asshole is going to break it or take it no matter what... anyone that honestly thinks something of that value can sit outside anywhere is crazy and definitely not NY.....people rob and sell drugs out here all day long to make money.....and its not even stealing because it not reported by Banksy as missing, he knew people were going to take it, he's been all over the city and I'm sure he can see that It wasn't going to last.....I'm sure those guys had guns one them also....

clockworx

clockworx

I think most people have a vision of how ny is but don't REALLY know the streets, its a rough place to live and super costly......a pack of cigs cost 18.50......a 1 bedroom apt cost 3500-7000 a month and in manhattan you cant even afford to live unless your a ceo or celeb, apts cost 10,000-whatever....most people out here are just tryin to get by......

clockworx

clockworx

Most people are going to say its fucked up, and this and that but I live in reality......its like finding a winning lottery ticket on the ground and turning it over to police.....SORRY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN !!!!

darkmatter

darkmatter

It's gonna be out there for 500k but its a buncha rocks. That shop guys doing alright anyway he may have been rich already? Who ever got him to do it,wonder how much he got 100k? Some rich artsy fuckers are gonna sitting around in the back of some big gallery drinking wine patting them selves on the back.just from afar I saw that being just like the people painting over stuff he put up.opportunists.what shoulda happened I don't know something better than that.theres a web site called animal about art that's got steady story's about the aftermath and locations.

Top Bottom