• Tagged users None
C

c.m.b

hey guys im try to know how much yeld will i get from cfl
looking to know the gram per watt my lights r this for now
1 65watt 4 veg an 2 65 + 2 25watt 4 flowering
can any one help

0MEGA

1g a watt with CFlw ould be fairly difficult, cfl dont penetrate as much as HID so your buds wont be as dense and and lower branches recieve less light meaning less initial buds.
i saw this grow diary on another website this guy got almost a pound off of cfls and not to mention this was a first grow in an all diy set up with less than 600 watts i forgot what it was. so it is possible, just difficult.
Also gramm per what has many variables, strain, medium, nutrient schedule...ect

C

c.m.b

so how much would i get if i had a 150watt mh would i get the 1g per watt or would i still get less cus i dont heve that much light

C

c.m.b

so do u think that if i went with a 150 mh i would get the 1 gram per watt or would i have to get more lights i know that more i better but im just growing 4 me right now

C

c.m.b

so if i went with a 150 mh i will get the 1gram per watt
or do i still need more lights do i need a lot of plants or is this just off one can some one tell me the best way to do this thanks:joint:

L

Lost

For you first grow you are waaay to ambitious. Experienced growers with a dozon or so grows can expect a gram per watt using 600 and 1000 hps lights.

My prediction for a 150 w MH for a new grower would be right about 20 grams. Give or take 10 grams.. Truth...

L

l33t

Lost is right for a new grower its almost impossible to get 1g/w..

0.3 g/w is a very realistic goal imo..if all goes well.

Experienced growers get 0.5g/w with an average strain , 1g/w needs perfectly dialed in plants AND a good-high yielding pheno/strain.

With your setup c.m.b. I 'd say 50 grams would be a VERY good return with an average yielding strain and seedplants (not clones)..

J

Jack Griffin

You don't give enough info.
What's your experience?
This your first grow?
Veg and flowering room measurements?
Strain?
Lights?
Soil?
Pot size?
Nutes?
Etc, etc,etc,etc...

J

Joe Blow

I still haven't hit it with hps lights. I've come real close but just never hit the full gram per watt.

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

If u can get 1 gram per watt on your plants u are doing good that is a good number to set your goal for, is there any one out there that gets higher then that and if so what is your gram per watt and how many plants are u doing happy grow The Cali. Kid

C

Crackerass

Premium Member
Supporter
if i were you i would be thinking more about hitting .5g/watt... MH is better for vegging and HPS is what you really want for blooming. train your plants so that they fill up all the area that light will cover. like they said there are a lot of other factors that come into play when trying to achieve that goal... with one light like that i would do one plant in DWC ...

T

the king

hmmm i get close to 2+ with a 400w hps on 2 Ladies. Your mother means everything :party0033:

T

themist

so if i went with a 150 mh i will get the 1gram per watt
or do i still need more lights do i need a lot of plants or is this just off one can some one tell me the best way to do this thanks:joint:

I would keep the cfl's for veg and get an HPS light for flower. I've used 150w hps in the past, but I could never get it to kick out more than 0.5 g's per watt. The last grow I got 80 g's per light. I scrapped that in favor of a 1000w, and I've gotten close to a gram a watt, but not yet. The bigger the wattage (per light), the more it seems able to coax out of the plants.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

hmmm i get close to 2+ with a 400w hps on 2 Ladies. Your mother means everything :party0033:
Grams per watt? That would be like two and a half p's, sounds impossible, but kudos if you are, the name would fit. I have never seen anyone truly get 1 gram per watt per month like the magazines dream of. Seriously even a gram per watt total on a thousand is two and a half p's. Only a few growers that I know have ever got to this mark, especially organically. I know of a strain that can do over three per light but it is difficult to achieve.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Oh yeah I would not expect much off of cfl's. Just invest the five hundred dollars in proper lighting and you will be stoked! The digital ballasts and 1000 watts are ideal. I have seen great things with hps. Good luck to you!

J

Joe Blow

Sorry but I gotta call BS on this. Put some pics up show us all your 2# harvest off 1 400w light. If this was even remotely true none of us would run 1000w lights.

T

themist

I was thinking they meant 2g/w, 2lb's off of a 400w would need a new growing technique. No one I've ever seen gets an lb per sq ft.

C

captainkip

O.o maybe if you get them to grow 5-8 feet tall you could get that kind of yield or some serious lst with better lights but no

L

l33t

hmmm i get close to 2+ with a 400w hps on 2 Ladies. Your mother means everything

I 'd love to see the finished plants from that mother The King..

1 gram per watt is achievable for an experienced grower with a high yielding clone but I would love to know the total timeframe for that result you mention.

Getting 1g/watt within say 9 weeks from the time have rooted clones is a very high number , a top result.

Veg those clones a bit and its much easier to get those results,

so I m wondering how exactly do you get that 2+ grams/w ??

If one grower gets 1g per watt within total 2 months (8-9 weeker strain) its the very same thing as if someone gets 2 g/w within 4 months , 2 months veg + 2 months flowering...

Plus in the case of 2 months veg the grower will have used more energy (due to 18/6) to get the same results..so the first case has given better results

so can you please clarify how you get those results you mention

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter

gonna call BS on this one, seriously. Prove us wrong king with a grow log, I'll be there watching.

jj

Latest posts

Top Bottom