gram per watt

• Thread starter c.m.b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nuttso

nuttso

Grams per watt? That would be like two and a half p's, sounds impossible, but kudos if you are, the name would fit. I have never seen anyone truly get 1 gram per watt per month like the magazines dream of. Seriously even a gram per watt total on a thousand is two and a half p's. Only a few growers that I know have ever got to this mark, especially organically. I know of a strain that can do over three per light but it is difficult to achieve.

I 'd love to see the finished plants from that mother The King..

1 gram per watt is achievable for an experienced grower with a high yielding clone but I would love to know the total timeframe for that result you mention.

Getting 1g/watt within say 9 weeks from the time have rooted clones is a very high number , a top result.

Veg those clones a bit and its much easier to get those results,

so I m wondering how exactly do you get that 2+ grams/w ??

If one grower gets 1g per watt within total 2 months (8-9 weeker strain) its the very same thing as if someone gets 2 g/w within 4 months , 2 months veg + 2 months flowering...

Plus in the case of 2 months veg the grower will have used more energy (due to 18/6) to get the same results..so the first case has given better results

so can you please clarify how you get those results you mention

Hmm, i have to disagree with both of u. Even a first timer can reach 1g/w. It depends on how much he knows about growing and what kinda setup he got.

Well, let's say he uses a selected Critical Mass Pheno. Selection was Yield.

If he use hydro with recirculating res, and got good nutes it's easy. The water that cames back in the res will tell him if the plants eat or drink. When he bumb 1.0 ec and it comes back like 0.8 ec they are eating. When it comes back 1.2 they are drinking. if they eat more nutes (more ec), if they drink more water (lower ec) Just need to keep it optimal. This is the easy way. U can trick your plants a bit with extra co2, temped rez, reverso osmose and so on.

I harvested 1,2g per watt with my first grow.

True it depends alot of what veg time u give your plants. I think veg till preflower bring the best results. But with the right strain that stretches alot in flower u can come real close.

sanvanalona what's that strain u talkin about? Maybe some Colchicine threated shit.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Hmm, i have to disagree with both of u. Even a first timer can reach 1g/w. It depends on how much he knows about growing and what kinda setup he got.

If he use hydro with recirculating res, and got good nutes it's easy. The water that cames back in the res will tell him if the plants eat or drink. When he bumb 1.0 ec and it comes back like 0.8 ec they are eating. When it comes back 1.2 they are drinking. if they eat more nutes (more ec), if they drink more water (lower ec) Just need to keep it optimal. This is the easy way. U can trick your plants a bit with extra co2, temped rez, reverso osmose and so on.

True it depends alot of what veg time u give your plants. I think veg till preflower bring the best results. But with the right strain that stretches alot in flower u can come real close.

sanvanalona what's that strain u talkin about? Maybe some Colchicine threated shit.
Are you talking about one gram per watt per month? Or per watt total. I truly believe it is impossible to get more than three # on any light, but please prove me wrong. The strain that I am talking about is called cotton candy. Not any cotton candy you can purchase, you see a very long time ago I received a very nice package, i know its origin but won't disclose, lets just say that it didn't come from Cali or Amsterdam seeds. Anyway this was some killer smoke, and out of everything only one bean was found. A friend of mine held on to it for ten years and then I propagated it. It grows three times the nug capacity than purps or diesel, it is truly amazing. It takes 65 days to finish and turns naturally purple and tastes like cotton candy. But don't get too excited, while it is awesome smoke it does not compare to the og in potency. IT"S potent, just not as much as og. I am working on some crosses with Swerve's og's and am hoping for the best. i just went into flower and will be posting pics and a grow log next week. PEACE

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I hit 1.5 grams per watt once but even though the yield was great,the quality turned out not so good! With the same strain I grew before and it was better quality but not as much yield! I don`t go for highest yield anymore as I don`t need a bunch of krap more than a little dank. Now if I could get both that would be great! Still working on that one! Mostly get just under a gram per watt.

L

l33t

hi all

hi nuttso,

Youre right setup and knowledge are very important factors. But I really don't understand where exactly you disagree with me.. I never said getting top yields like 1g/w is impossible for first timers..I said its almost impossible. And either you accept it or not this is the real case..No doubt a first timer can get amazing yields..but lets not talk about rare cases , lets talk about an average case..and not about the exception ...Or better lets talk about the case of the thread starter who asked a specific question don't you think..?

You say you got 1.2 g/w in your first grow..
but you didn't specify in what timeframe..
Without this info..a plain number means shit..no offense.

Getting 1,2kg of bud from a 1k light within 2 months is far from equal to getting 1.2kg from the same light but in twice the amount of time..So could you please give some info on what strain you used in your first grow and tell me about veg and flowering times in that run?

Was it 1.2g/w per month or per ,say, 3 months?

Critical Mass (great plant btw , loved growing it) is one of the highest yielding plants around so I don't think its a good example to bring up.. After all..we are not debating if something is achievable or not, we are talking about a realistic goal..

And to be honest since you brought up CM into the discussion..well personally I wouldn't really recommend CMass for personal grows, some people find it great smoke but seriously its nothing special in the high department.Its OK but nothing above average..CM is more suited to commercial growers who care mostly about yields..There are so many strains out there that are not as good yielders as CM but they are more potent and have a better high , something I find is really important when it comes to personal grows.. Cause whats the point if you have lots of bud of something that really doesn't do it for you.. Me I would always trade 3oz or more of Critical Mass for 1 oz of say Nevilles Haze..And that single oz will last me longer and I will be higher and have a better time..

----------

PS It would be nice if all people stated the timeframe they get their results in..so we can all..communicate..speak the same language if you like..Otherwise its like comparing apples to oranges..

cheers

l33t

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

man i got about 300 gr from a 400 hps and it was a great grow!!but when i say 300 gr that was dried and trimmed!!!i just added another 400hps watter and i got MH conversion bulbs for both fixtures!!! i gram per watt is a great goal for anyone!! dj

L

Lost

My last grow I got 11 #'s with a beer cup, sand from some playground, and laser pointer. I pissed on it for nutes... Wut?

C

calibob

1 gram/watt, nice goal but don't count on it. Be happy with any yield that produces kick ass weed for personal use. If you want big yields it usually takes money and time, not always but usually. For me it's a give a take thing, the better the pot the smaller the yield and that's just fine with me.

W

Weekend Farmer

I hit .4 g/w on my first run, and I was pretty happy. I didn't know a whole lot, it was definitely a learning experience. That was with 3 plants on a dwc system running cfl's for veg and a 400w hps for flower.

WF

C

c.m.b

hey guys thanks 4 the posts
so this sounds like a lot of work
i have ben working on my room an it done now.
this is my set up my room is 4x4x5 but for veg im growing in some thing smaller
lights for veg will be 1 65watt & 1 25watt flowering it will be a 150watt hps
i know i need more light
soil will be omg veg with 1/4 per gal of water for flower will be mg bloom at 1/2 per gal
so how much do you guys think i would get 4 yield seed r just bag seeds

L

l33t

"so how much do you guys think i would get 4 yield seed r just bag seeds"

Well its really hard to say cause we don't know anything about the strain..In a good indoor grow scenario with a 1000watt hps light a high yielding strain can yield up to around 500-800grams per square meter(10-11sqft). A low yielding strain will yield half that amount or even less..

But seriously if you are so much interested in a good yield you need to invest in more light. A 150 watt hps will give anywhere from 30grams to 150 grams. Though to be honest I find it almost impossible for a grower to yield that much bud from a 150watter esp if he is not really experienced. If it was me , with your setup , I d be really happy if I got 50-70 grams..

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

it is ludicrous to expect any cfl to come anywhere close to the 1g per watt mark.

2b2s

nuttso

nuttso

You say you got 1.2 g/w in your first grow..
but you didn't specify in what timeframe..
Without this info..a plain number means shit..no offense.

Getting 1,2kg of bud from a 1k light within 2 months is far from equal to getting 1.2kg from the same light but in twice the amount of time..So could you please give some info on what strain you used in your first grow and tell me about veg and flowering times in that run?

PS It would be nice if all people stated the timeframe they get their results in..so we can all..communicate..speak the same language if you like..Otherwise its like comparing apples to oranges..

cheers

l33t

Hi l33t,

u are right i'm sry. I forgot to say that i have 3 rooms. 1 flower, 1 veg, 1 mother. Flower is 1k, mother 400w, veg 250 t5. The babys are rooting with the mothers, after some roots shown 20 days veg. The girls yielded over 1,3 kg. flowertime was 60 days. I only count the flower time in the w/g ratio. cause i think it's nearly impossible to yield over 1.2/g without any veg. Or maybe if u have SoQuick his og clone. The strain i used was given to me by a friend. He told me it's a chronic mix with some very stretchy sativa mix.

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

check the microgrow section on opengrow.com.
u can yield with t5 1g/w.

I have been going about this all wrong, i need to go micro grow with t5's and pitch my hempy buckets & 1k lights.

2b2s

L

l33t

Hi l33t,

u are right i'm sry. I forgot to say that i have 3 rooms. 1 flower, 1 veg, 1 mother. Flower is 1k, mother 400w, veg 250 t5. The babys are rooting with the mothers, after some roots shown 20 days veg. The girls yielded over 1,3 kg. flowertime was 60 days. I only count the flower time in the w/g ratio. cause i think it's nearly impossible to yield over 1.2/g without any veg. Or maybe if u have SoQuick his og clone. The strain i used was given to me by a friend. He told me it's a chronic mix with some very stretchy sativa mix.

Hi nutsso

Thank you for the reply

You re right its almost impossible to yield that much without veg time. The highest yields I 've read about without any veg time , SOG style grow - clones straight to 12/12 as soon as they are rooted ,
is under a gram per watt even with the highest yielding strains such as CMass/Chronic etc etc.

thanks again for the details

im sorry i didn't realize t5 's were cfl's my bad.

2b2s

I dont think T5s are cfl really , compact fls are what the name implies compact light , so tubes are not cfls.

cheers

l33t

J

Jalisco Kid

Unless your counting how much electrical costs are I do not see why veg time is important. My girls flower for 10 weeks,during that time I am vegging for 6-8 weeks. The modified bucket sys avg 1.3g/w every 70 days. That's what counts what do you pull out of your room every 55-100 days. JK

L

l33t

"Unless your counting how much electrical costs are I do not see why veg time is important."
Hi JK
Basically I m not really interested in veg time , I m interested in total energy used that is why i ask abou veg times.

I 'm interested in KWhrs used and its easier to ask about veg and bloom times than actual KWhrs used.

If you want to find how efficient your garden is , by using terms like g/watt , then you need to take into account all watts used , that is if you want others to really understand what you mean and what you achieved.

If you only want to calculate how efficiently you used energy you only need to take into account the total KWhrs used and the final yield. Total KWhrs used by the plants from day 1 all the way to harvest.

For example one grower gets 1kg of dry buds from from 1260 KWhrs (thats 1k light running 18/6 for 30 days then 12/12 for 60 days).

Now if you want to see how effiently you used your time then you need to obviously take days spent into account and of course yield as well.

You can also throw watts into the above equation as well.Then you can see how effiently you used lighting energy as welll as how efficiently youve used your time.
Or you can always also calculate how efficiently you ve used space. Yield per square meter.

To Sum up if one wants to see how efficiently he used lighting energy he has to take into account all the KWhrs used to produce the crop.

J

Jalisco Kid

That way of thinking is as a greenhouse manager would look at it. I am a grower for meds limited to how many lbs can I can get from one plant. I am allowed 6 plants per patient. I need to hit 2.5+ per plant. I am getting around 2.8-2.9 avg. Looking for that 3+ per plant. People complain about electricity/overhead but it is a small percentage of the harvest. I can put in my system,pay it off and still have a 45% net on my investment from the first round. Any CEO would give his left nut to have all his cost covered and almost 50% return over that. That is how I look at how efficient a garden is. I plead guilty to wasting electricity, but I pass that g/w standard. I will buy into my carbon bank to offset it.
Suerte JK

Top Bottom