PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Day 22 of flower. Stacking nicely, now.

Gorilla Glue #4
View attachment 1226251

Kush Mints
View attachment 1226248

Sorry about the hair. LOL. Picking that off now. Gonna have to start wearing a hair net in the grow room.
It just adds flavor, a couple of puffs and the beginning are bad but it gets to be an acquired taste.....I get my hair & my cats hair in my buds a little hack cough spew at first but the after taste is quite pleasant.....lol........mine has this American short hair snap crackle pop to it sometimes. 😄😄

CannaDana

CannaDana

Wrong video earlier. These are the plants today, Day 28 of flower. They look okay for four weeks. One strain looks cute and like it wants a wine and cheese party, and the other one looks like it will mug you for your cash and take your girlfriend. Hoping for some faster bud growth in the next two weeks. Estimated harvest date: April 30, 2022.

Last edited:
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Awesome soundtrack for an awesome garden!! wooohooooo! Reminds me the intro of disney movies like Fantasia !!
Magically baaaaaaaad aaaass!👍✨

CannaDana

CannaDana

4 weeks in flower. Starting to get some frost here and there.

IMG 0450

IMG 0453
IMG 0458
IMG 0461
IMG 0462

CannaDana

CannaDana

Well, the two strains sure are turning out differently.

At this stage, GG4 is pretty, delicate, and civilized...

IMG 0476

...while the Kush Mints are gnarled and twisted and coarse.

IMG 0472

The GG4 looks like it will take you out to a nice dinner, then some ballroom dancing, and if everything goes well, maybe you'll be invited up. The Kush Mints looks it will drive through Weinerschnitzel on the way over, then bend you over a chair and fuck you in the ass while chugging a beer.

Either way, it's guaranteed to be a good time! 😁 😎

LivingBlackSoil

LivingBlackSoil

I think those are leaves..??
Huh. Interesting. On my Kush Mints (only) the new little button buds have these deep purple....what?....stigmas? No other strain I have grown has done this. Can anyone tell me what I'm looking at? I'm talking about the purple hairs

CannaDana

CannaDana

Six weeks into flower today. Progression is slow, but then again both these strains take 10-11 weeks to mature, so they may be right on schedule. But, boy do they look different. I've never seen such disparate cultivars growing side-by-side. This is six weeks of flower, and I think I have at least another four weeks to go. That would put harvest at around April 30th. It's going to be a long four weeks. I'm already seeing substantial fade in the Gorilla Glue, while the Kush Mints remain a deep green. Despite their differing rates of maturing, I'm going to have to harvest them together. I'll just try to make the best compromise possible, and hope I hit it at the best moment.

Lights were on at 85%. This morning I increased them to 95%. That may be too much. They were already getting north of 900 PPFD in the middle of the canopy. If I see signs of light stress I will back them off. But for now, I want to coax every new cell of flower growth that I can. And I'm at the point that it's now or never.

IMG 0555
IMG 0556
IMG 0558
IMG 0563
IMG 0564
IMG 0562
IMG 0565
IMG 0566
IMG 0567
IMG 0572
IMG 0574
IMG 0575
IMG 0576
IMG 0585
IMG 0589
IMG 0591
IMG 0592
CannaDana

CannaDana

Foxtaling:

My flowers are 7 weeks old now. In flower I turn the lights up high. But it turns out that GG4 doesn't like a lot of light. And now I'm seeing some foxtailing.

IMG 0615
IMG 0616

I have turned the lights down some. But, my question is, can you stop the foxtailing once it has begun?

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

Foxtaling:

My flowers are 7 weeks old now. In flower I turn the lights up high. But it turns out that GG4 doesn't like a lot of light. And now I'm seeing some foxtailing.

View attachment 1234775View attachment 1234776

I have turned the lights down some. But, my question is, can you stop the foxtailing once it has begun?
The million dollar question. My answer is sometimes-maybe- but usually not. I think it depends on how bad it is and how much genetics is in play.

Maxwax

Maxwax

Are those side brace poles just attached with a hole drilled in and a zip tie? Brilliant. I am going to mod three sides of my tent like that for my scrog nets.

CannaDana

CannaDana

Are those side brace poles just attached with a hole drilled in and a zip tie?
No. They are not side brace poles. They do not provide any support. They just move up and down with my fan and the zip ties just stabilize them.

What I have done is mount a grate onto PVC guide poles, and then I mounted fans (and occasionally other things) onto the grate. The poles move up and down with pulleys, so that I can raise and lower the fans as the plants grow. The zip ties are just loosely tied on the ends, and merely keep the grate poles loosely secured to the vertical poles and stabilize them while still allowing them to move them up and down with the pulleys. Here's a better photo.

IMG 0621

The lights are 6'-8" off the floor, and when mounted on this system, the fan can be raised or lowered between floor level and the lights, according whatever the need of the moment is.

Last edited:
CannaDana

CannaDana

The million dollar question. My answer is sometimes-maybe- but usually not. I think it depends on how bad it is and how much genetics is in play.
Sometimes maybe but probably not? LOL! 😁 😎 Okay, I get that.

Well, then, should I just increase the light output again, and let it happen? The other strain I'm growing (Kush Mints) loves the intense light and really responds to it. But the GG4 does not like it. I suppose I could reconnect the lights on the controller so that I can control them individually and give more light to the Kush Mints and less to the Gorilla Glue...but should I? Will it matter?

Last edited:
Maxwax

Maxwax

I get that Dana. Im not looking for support....more just attachment points. Love the setup, thanks for the ideas.

Heywood

Heywood

LOL! 🤣 Oh honey, your generation will never go where we did...and we did it with quaaludes and acid and shitty Mexican weed. 😎

Actually sounds like we are the same generation. I used to eat Rorer 714's like they were candy.
We used to drop liquid acid onto sugar cubes, eat 'em then go to the mall and see how long we could stay there until paranoia made us leave.
Mexican weed was the weed du jour. Bought yourself a half ounce then spent 20 minutes busting it up and shaking it on a tray to get the seeds out.

If you ever got your hands on sinsemilla ... boy you were top dog!
I also remember Thai stick, honey oil and red Lebanese hash were delicacies to be had during the time.

Not so different, you and I. :)

CannaDana

CannaDana

Actually sounds like we are the same generation. I used to eat Rorer 714's like they were candy.
We used to drop liquid acid onto sugar cubes, eat 'em then go to the mall and see how long we could stay there until paranoia made us leave.
Mexican weed was the weed du jour. Bought yourself a half ounce then spent 20 minutes busting it up and shaking it on a tray to get the seeds out.

If you ever got your hands on sinsemilla ... boy you were top dog!
I also remember Thai stick, honey oil and red Lebanese hash were delicacies to be had during the time.

Not so different, you and I. :)

It sounds like we grew up together! 😊

chuck88

chuck88

Sometimes maybe but probably not? LOL! 😁 😎 Okay, I get that.

Well, then, should I just increase the light output again, and let it happen? The other strain I'm growing (Kush Mints) loves the intense light and really responds to it. But the GG4 does not like it. I suppose I could reconnect the lights on the controller so that I can control them individually and give more light to the Kush Mints and less to the Gorilla Glue...but should I? Will it matter?

Turn your light back up ! With the relatively small amount of fox tails I would give the rest of the plant your max light.

And I don't think it matters. Fox tailing material is just more bud 😉 Just not as pretty, he, he...

Not sure why there is such disdain over having fox tails. It could just be genetics, not a problem or a reflection on your growing skills.

The question then becomes when do you harvest ? I have a Gelato Auto with 100% orange pistils But the fox tails are still white.

And apparently they will keep coming/growing.

For me, I am going to wait until the majority of the "normal" pistils have receded before harvest.

Gelato harvest check Day 93

Cheers

CannaDana

CannaDana

Turn your light back up ! With the relatively small amount of fox tails I would give the rest of the plant your max light.

And I don't think it matters. Fox tailing material is just more bud 😉 Just not as pretty, he, he...

Not sure why there is such disdain over having fox tails. It could just be genetics, not a problem or a reflection on your growing skills.

The question then becomes when do you harvest ? I have a Gelato Auto with 100% orange pistils But the fox tails are still white.

And apparently they will keep coming/growing.

For me, I am going to wait until the majority of the "normal" pistils have receded before harvest.

View attachment 1234855

Cheers

That is a beautifully frosty bud! 🥰

Latest posts

Top Bottom