Grape Ape Genetics

• Thread starter akaKGB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MsJones

Masses 420King is right .... I was going to post that but he beat me to it. I've got Grape Ape in veg now and I have had it recently for smoke and it's good stuff. It can actually put me to sleep and that isn't easy to do. And yes - it produces mad munchies that are very hard to ignore even when trying to very very very hard. Pork rinds are recommended. :D

N

norcal

damn thats crazy ive never heard that. theres so many different crosses of afghani and skunk #1. critical mass. isnt that big bud also? im running grape ape right now. im week 4 and it has some nice buds on it already.

U

ugmjfarmer

Grape ape was a clone by Kyle Kushman. The Genetics are Purple Paki x Skunk #1. Kyle Kushman took the cut out a seed from apothecary seeds. Info pulled from icmag member easyrasta. Peace.

M

MASSES 420KING

brett bogue of apothecary genetics has pure bred grape ape genetics and i believe there in standard form male/female but that being said its pretty hard to come bye grape ape genetics that arent from a mother plant and i thought kyle kushman was on the east coast with high times when that strain was created roughly round same time he crossed vermonts strawberry feilds with a haze[i believe nevilles or super silver] to create the ever famous kyle kushmans strawberry cough wich is clone only now the paradise version totally sucks not even close to the real kksc imho

U

ugmjfarmer

See I think the problem in the breeding industry is that everybody has so much f'n pride in themselves and not the plant that they are taking credit for things where credit is not due. Its bull, and when it comes down to it us little people never know what were smoking.

That said, I have problems with it being just another afghani x skunk #1 combo. That means just about everything boils down to the same genetics you know? The information that I got off icmag came from danny darko, which im sure was spewed from Kyle directly to him. So.. you have again another battle of two breeders saying the same plant is different things.

Paki or Afghan? Shrug.. its just another pheno of skunk #1 x afghan. Perhaps the future strain of the year is in another sensi-seeds pack out there somewhere.

M

MASSES 420KING

we can ask kyle kushman through one of his friends and compatriots who happens to be a member on this here forum and a very credible source toboot and have this member post kyle kushmans response i mean dude was at hightimes reporting on strains at the time grape ape was bred out in gig harbor washington by bret bogue of apothecary genetics i know that kyles on the left coast with a new marijuana related company

C

chemfather

grape ape was bread in the santa rosa or north of there area. its clone only and has always been clone only to the masses. it is killer purple bud. there may be seeds out there that come close but the REAL APE is clone only. veges slow has really close internodes an smells like lavender. i have some vegging maybe ill throw a pik up. looks nothing like the sativa pheno ape earlier int the thread.

fractaLz

fractaLz

roughly round same time he crossed vermonts strawberry feilds with a haze[i believe nevilles or super silver] to create the ever famous kyle kushmans strawberry cough wich is clone only now the paradise version totally sucks not even close to the real kksc imho

I'm actually working on a project with Kyle right now.... He didn't breed the Strawberry cough. He got it as a cut from an amateur grower when he went to visit a friend in Bridgeport Connecticut.

I'll ask him what he knows about the Grape Ape tonight. Brett Bogue is trying to claim trademarks on any strain he can (Chemdog, Sour Diesel, OG) so who knows. We'll see what Kushman says about it

D

Dubwobble

Afghani stock makes for the purple coloration.
Afghani stock is used in alot of breeding programs.
Depending on what trait you want - stucture, or purple leaning pheno's, or acrid skunk smell - you can easily breed it true and then work from there.

The same way you make purple parakeets.

It called genetic breeding.

There is nothing wrong with just "plain" Afghani or Skunk lines.
They are both the basic stock for all kinds of modern herb.

Both are true classics.

I like Grape Ae because it yields better than the other purps I've grown (GDP, Urkel, PK)

M

MASSES 420KING

ya im waiten on danny danko to get in touch with kushman to hear what hes got to say on the matter

A

apothecary bret

Just for the record: our grape ape is NOT available in seed form Only clone.

A

apothecary bret

Kyle Kushman had nothing to do with creating grape ape. Kyle did assist on the strawberry cough with someone else, however, Kyle sold the strain to Dutch Passion before it was stabilized.

A

apothecary bret

Yo Bret when are those gonna be available?

What else you working on? Did you ever blast any girls with the male's I gave you. I got your PK still, She's epic :sun

OUr genetics are currently available at Eartheart Collective of Long Beach in Los Angeles County, and Nice Guys Association in Anza, riverside county.

A

apothecary bret

Excellent News Bro :sun!

what strains? Is everything in Clone form or are there seed paks available of your gear now?

you have to check with the collectives to see what they have in stock. we haven't released seeds yet. trying to make sure from the attorneys we can release seeds (feds don't really like seeds, do they?).

seeds ARE available at greenhouseseeds.nl but only the kaia kush, bubba kush and the chem dog.

JAWS

JAWS

ahhh thats sad to hear 4sure, i was lead to belive there were GA seeds around..
very bummed today...

E

ent

ahhh thats sad to hear 4sure, i was lead to belive there were GA seeds around..
very bummed today...

you know about 4 - 5 years ago i saw grape ape seeds, now not sure who released them, but they were readily available and it seemed the sweet spot was north of santa barbara and south of san fran. sb, slo, paso, sc, sf, etc.

420king-MASSES

oh shit bret bogue on the motha fuckin farm nice so bret how does one acquire your genetics ive tried to get some thrue your website but no luck

420king-MASSES

you have to check with the collectives to see what they have in stock. we haven't released seeds yet. trying to make sure from the attorneys we can release seeds (feds don't really like seeds, do they?).

seeds ARE available at greenhouseseeds.nl but only the kaia kush, bubba kush and the chem dog.

did you help them with the breeding of the kings kush dont you have a version to be honest i would rather run your gear over arjans the kk were herm but controlable
natural_medicines_009.jpg

A

apothecary bret

oh shit bret bogue on the motha fuckin farm nice so bret how does one acquire your genetics ive tried to get some thrue your website but no luck

Currently, Eartheart collective of Long Beach (la county) has our clones. check with them or Nice Guys Association in Anza, (riverside county)

Top Bottom