Graywolf Terpenator success!!

• Thread starter Wavegem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

Things are taking a little longer than expected as usual. I am doing everything around here, sometimes it wears you down. These units cost me around 3000 dollars for everything to make, that includes pumps, tanks, hoses, gauges, can tap, butane. They will probably retail around 5,000 if done legit.

$5K would be a reasonable price for an operational Mk IIIA.

S

soma151

I have a brand new Mark 3a with all the tanks and hoses, pumps, soup warmer every thing you need but material to run, also have one extra tank and tube...every thing is new but the vacuum pump and its only a year old with little use. email me for details [email protected]

monkeymun

monkeymun

Great work, both Wave and Graywolf! That is one seriously technical looking apparatus. And that product looks amazing. Please do post some more pics!

A

A-Roe

We only pull down to -29.5" Hg, so as to not boil away the THC.

The only floc that we see, is when we winterize to remove the waxes.

If you are refering to waxing, we get shatter 100% of the time in thin films at 115F and -29.5" Hg vacuum.
quick ? I got honeycomb this time purging between 120f-130f and -29.5, can i winterize my honeycomb to get shatter or is that something that should have been done before I started purging in the pressure pot, as seen on you tube.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Graywolf how long are you holding a vac when you make your shatter?

belladonna

belladonna

I don't know anyone selling them assembled. I do assemble a student's Mk IIIA kit in our Skunk Pharm Research BHO classes as a demonstration, and if you played your cards right, it might be yours, but if not, it also takes less than thirty minutes to assemble and pressure test one yourself.

Even if you aren't mechanically inclined, and assembly doesn't look intuitive, you will see how easy it is once you watch me do so in class. Some joints require Teflon taping, but the rest just assemble with Tri-clamps.

As for price for a complete unit, someone did journey to Portland to consult with me for free technical support once, after selling three complete packages for $8K each. That included the pumps, etc, which would have brought the total outlay for a parts kit and the same ancillaries at somewhere around $2500.

He did include a purdy cart with it, but the rest of the mark up was labor and profit.

While somewhat slack jawed and agape at the price, I'm also tongue in cheek, because both the buyer and seller walked away feeling like they got a good deal, which is how I define a good transaction.

I don't know of anyone offering my other designs in either kit or assembled form. There is a growing list of folks wanting a commercial Mk V and awaiting the test results from the prototype. I'm building the prototype for an associate for giggles, but it the waiting list looks attractive enough, there is a good chance that I can find a willing fabricator to supply the rest.

They won't be an angel supplier at near costs like Specialized Formulations with the Mk IIIA though, because the product is for commercial use, rather than mom and pops meds.

how would one go about sitting in on a class of yours?

Wavegem

Wavegem

Yo yo so I am no master but I can tell you a few things. Strain is very important, the way it's grown, harvested and prepared. The highest thc plant will produce shatter better because of ratio. It's all about ratio to wax, thc, water, butane. If you have low thc wax is higher, you can filter wax a couple of different ways if it's a problem. Dry material bone dry will keep water low. Freezing and running completely frozen is best.

Preparing for the oven you want to dry out the bho, a number of different ways you can do. Let it sit in the oven with the door cracked for a while. Low temp. Or a fan setup, dehumidifier. Thin it out as thin as possible some kind press is good for this. You. Want it dry then pull a vac on it. From my knowledge the best way to run the oven is a slow ramp down. Pull till bubbles then stop. 22 hg then slowly one per hour or so till 29.5 increasing temp slightly never exceeding 85-100. Depending how fast you want it. I vac it for 48 hours, every morning and night I reset the chamber opening and venting for 10 min.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Wavegem what kind of donation are you getting for shatter that takes 48 hours to produce>?

Wavegem

Wavegem

1000 an ounce I won't go a penny less. I actually slowed way down only keeping enough on hand for a few patients. I am desperately trying to find a team maybe 2 people that can do this full time because I would rather grow and throw the trim in the fire place lol

Wavegem

Wavegem

You don't have to vac it that long, when take a big dab I just want to taste flowers and nothing else.

Also how much is in the oven will make a difference. I have four racks in mine and they are all full sometimes with a 1/2 to 1 ounce per rack

Graywolf

Graywolf

No set time; I pull a 29.5" Hg vac at 115F, in a thin film, until I see the solvent bubbles stop, leaving only CO2 bubbles. Typically that takes around 30 minutes and leaves an extract, that tastes and smells like what it was extracted from.

Thin film is key when keeping the extraction in a carboxylic acid shatter form.

Wavegem

Wavegem

No set time; I pull a 29.5" Hg vac at 115F, in a thin film, until I see the solvent bubbles stop, leaving only CO2 bubbles. Typically that takes around 30 minutes and leaves an extract, that tastes and smells like what it was extracted from.

Thin film is key when keeping the extraction in a carboxylic acid shatter form.

If you are processing a gram, I can see 30 minutes. Fill up all the racks with as thin as you can get it, I can guarantee that it's not done in 30 minutes. At 115 you fried a ton of terpenes. I feel like you are withholding information.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@1971 it's been a while homie how you been?!

LOL @Wavegem I have 3 rubbermaids full of primo trim and I hate making oil. Too messy and I as well would rather spend my time growing, although I do want to experiment with some medibles that are extraction based and not butter based.

@cap I've lurked but been really good :) how about you?? :) I've definitely upgraded from the Tami days!

@wave GW has many great and amazing contributions, unfortunately purging has never been one of them. I can understand 110-115 for production work where you need to cut down on purge times, but you sacrifice terps in the process. 95-105 is a better route. low and slow. Plus, you really need a high cfm 2 stage pump. not because you need the cfm's, but because those are the pumps that can pull a deeper vac. The way I see it, people who purge high make my product shine that much more!

Wavegem

Wavegem

I have noticed a fresh smell that is indescribable and anything over 80-85 long period of time cooks it off. I do not question graywolfs expertise he has run more runs than sand on the beach, but I have noticed very picky strains or subpar extractions take a lot more time. The key like graywolf said is to get it as thin as possible thin as a sheet of paper, and even, just like cookies thicker = more time.

@Cap decarboxylated oil is awesome very easy to make since you don't have to vac it, just heat to 250. I have noticed the high is different than making butter with trim or buds. Much more relaxing, all body, almost like a Xanax bar. You can consume much more decarboxylated oil without the pounding head high you get from traditional methods. I gave some to my 82 year old grandmother and she was happy for the rest of the night laughing away. Lol

Wavegem

Wavegem

One more thing is way more money in growing than making oil, so as a hobby, check but to pay the bills I am not so sure

Latest posts

Top Bottom