Great Growers Need Great Jobb!!!

• Thread starter Agent O
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Agent O

So After working for said dispensary for the last 6 months w/below min. wages, they decided to fire the growers. Instead of trying to make it with "everyone on board" they figured they would just fire the growers and do it themselfs. So i was just wondering if anyone out there can help with a jobb. 13+ years growing. Colorado Native. Clean record. Weed maps refered to our grow as best in the country. very nice products. like I said. just wondering if anyone can use a very green set of hands. And good job colorado, looks like we got the bomb green!!! PM for any info. Thanks all.

B

BoCo Buds

I feel for you... actually, my blood stained shorts need changing too!

A buddy of mine were smoking a joint at the recent ComCon... came to the realization that the olden days of growers & dealers was a better model... more credible & trustworthy & decent & respectful. At the very least, dealers of old would respect those that grew a good thing... the recognized the value that such growers offered... especially the ones that always shot straight & delivered.

Not the new breed of Dip owners & investors... no honor whatsoever. And in the old, old days... their actions & attitudes would never have been tolerated. A lot of these people are in dire need of a reality check. In all honesty, I would like to see every respectable grower go back underground... then lets see where the Dips stand... and where their attitude rests.

There is a true lack of appreciation of the art & science that goes into farming the dank... consistently putting out quality where other can't. They just see it is as money growing on trees, and its their business plan & pro formas that will make the company, but certainly not the replaceable growers. Growers??? They are lucky to even be employed considering their nefarious histories! Grower with experience? We'll put him in his place... show him what's up. In fact, I know this guy that knows this guy that knows his shit! We'll get him in here to do the job.

Fuck, this biz is full of posers... both owners & growers alike. Fuck the whole fucking mess... lets just get a little clock-tower crazy on everyone...

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

that's exactly what happened to me. I spent 4 months teaching these idiots the most basic things about herb, set up a grow plan, help them pick an off site grow location, ect, ect. they steal a couple of my strains and sell them for $30 an 8th in the sloans lake green asian paradise. I only brought strains that I could part with to their disp just in case and whadaya know, my strains show up as their house strain 5 months later (ISS and Afghani, yea ask them where they got those strains). And the disp owners wonder why their weed sucks, they can't get rid of mites, they have this white powdery crap all over their nugs they think is dank crystals, ect, ect. I figured this might happen so they got a mediocre grow plan. it's still WAY better than some miracle grow and backyard dirt under a halogen work light light those idiots would have started with. it wasn't anything better than what you can read in a book, and these guys are too lazy to read a book.

You've gotta work together in this business or you'll drown. 2 of 3 disps by my house have changed ownership at least twice this year and now the asian paradise is up for sale. Let them drown, prices dropped $1,000 a lb because these dipshits wanted to wedge themselves into the market. Well, they can wedge their heads just a little further up their asses and find what I got out of the disp deal.. peanuts and endless shit.

It's not as easy to grow herb as most disp owners think and now they're figuring that out. The smart ones are still buying from talented caregivers.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I know so many people who are trying to make this 'professional grower' thing work, and it just ain't. They're being screwed left and right.

F

FORMULA51

I was supplying clones to a certain disp. with a "contract" saying they would not grow out my strains, that their clones they bought were only for retail use. Now all they have on the shelves is LSM, OG Kush, and Romko (romulan x korean big bud).

These guys trashed my good name on the LSM and Romko as they're selling their shit aat 30 an 1/8 and it looks like my 2 year old daughter grew it.

People think they can just pop a cutting in the ground under a big light, and voila! you have great meds. NOT THE DAMN CASE!!

M

mdTHC420

if u dont want ur strains grown out, why provide clones at all, use other plants for the cuttings. plus, whats to stop the customers from getting it, cloning the shit out of it and reselling the cuttings to the club or start producing mass crap from it and still ruin the stains rep? seems like you wanted their money and handed out your precious genetics taking people at their word. if u have genetics that great, dont sell em.

but i too have been fucked over by a now operating illegally owner. grew for a cheap ass hole that did nothing i said about mites, air flow, or temps and thought that it was a joke "they might be good for the plant". fucking dumb ass. when 2 rooms were at 7 weeks he moved everything and fired me, cutting me out of my cash i had coming. i now know where he moved his shitty mite and mildew infested plants to in Loveland, but im pretty sure he doesnt need any help failing.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Back in the day when I was in GD land, we called this "not fucking up the hook" or something like that.

I heard of these situations happening with everyone from drifters to millionaires. Sadly, in this 'sphere', and many others, unless dealing with long time friends (& even they will sometimes), you are going to run into a lot of people who will 'screw you', really for any reason. You can justify anything if you talk to yourself long enough. ;)

The world is still dog eat dog. And will be until someone invents a Star Trek like replicator (BTW the 1st thing I'd replicate would be some bomb Romulan).

In the future, write a business contract before hand (Oral is binding, but obviously harder to prove). Have excessive fees in it if they break the contract. Also, include an "arbitration only" clause, IF you are looking for quicker and more final 'relief'.

R

Rednick

It looks like these asshats are going to force a lot of the 'talented' growers back underground.
Seeing how cutthroat and conniving the 'legal' trade has become, I am not sure that is such a bad thing.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Whew, I guess this is a common problem....the issue is these dispensary owners don't know shit about quality, if its green, it sells, and therefore equates to money in their twisted little confused minds. Greed...ruins everything...

Oh, and hey, Seamaiden, nice to see you over on this side of the world....don't forget, Colorado is only 1 hour ahead of you, not 2!
:P

summitoker

summitoker

Hey i need a job also

The shops up here sell the shittiest herb and the other day i was grabbing a q of sweet and sour diesel, the price had gone from 100 to 125 over night and the nugs really are not that exceptional.

I asked about some cuts and the owner took me back to see the moms. They were all suffering badly what looked to me like cal/mg lockout. He said they grow in sunshine mix with no nutrients, only spring water from up the road. According to this guy the plants are "organic" not sick lol.

The problem is the mmc owners are all new to this! They were not around colorado 15 years ago puffing super tasty potent nugs. In 2 years of having my card and shopping at dispensaries i have not found a single nug that equals the quality of what was in colorado before the shops blew up. What is sold around here as top shelf 125 a quarter wouldnt make the bottom shelf at the shops i used to visit in cali.

Just like everything good when money and big business become involved everything goes to shit.

S

Steve Z

hey man, employ yourself.

SM for real, its because people try and go huge. dude just do enough to keep yourself irie and pay your bills. you dont need an extra 25K goin in the bank ever year. thats the real hoardin fuck seed hoarders haha.

just take what ya need and get rid of the rest. anyone that cant do that shouldnt. most people mess up cause they have visions of cars and houses and shit. dude its a plant nothing on earth should make life that easy.

but i mean its just like anything else, you can try and start a business or something, but if your product is inferior and you dont have marketing skills dont expect to go anywhere.

let everyone try, its the users fault as much as the grower that they are still in business if they suck. have the decency for YOURSELF to say "nah dude this shit is not worth it, or this is bunk" stand up for your money/time/medicine, and in the future it'll pay you back with people that give a damn, other than $

sky high

sky high

100-125 a q??

Come to Papa, my children!

To be fair, their pot isn't sprayed with a buncha chemicals like we caregivers use. :evilgrin0040:

Place yer bets, private growers! The game is still ON and it appears the gap is widening. snicker..snicker.

Nobody has EVER had a monopoly on pot sales....especially the Gov't. (State)

we gotta shut this down folks...and the only way to do it is to find other patients and keep them from buying State-supported/taxed weed.

Friends don't Let Friends Buy Dispensary Pot!!

wot a mess...

s h

R

RMCG

Just like everything good when money and big business become involved everything goes to shit.

Plenty of good things come from a true 'free market'. The 'shit' you see is what WILL get squeezed out of the marketplace. Offer crap product, crap service, screw contractors, employees and customers and you will NOT be around very long. Someone will fill that void. Remember, in July (end of moratorium) there may be a whole new round of investors, entrepreneurs, etc. Keep smiling KNOWING they will be out of biz in 6 months.

There will always be a Wal-Mart -> Target -> JCPenney -> Nieman Marcus.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Whew, I guess this is a common problem....the issue is these dispensary owners don't know shit about quality, if its green, it sells, and therefore equates to money in their twisted little confused minds. Greed...ruins everything...

Oh, and hey, Seamaiden, nice to see you over on this side of the world....don't forget, Colorado is only 1 hour ahead of you, not 2!
:P
LMAO! I think I got you sussed now, and I will definitely remember that time difference thing.

I'm not so sure that the main issue is dispensary owners, and this is from my perspective of hearing a lot of things through the grapevine from others who've made investments and tried to start up their own operations out in CO. One fellow, from what I understand, and this kind of blew me away because I thought he was already established and already a known good businessperson *in* this biz (supplier of hardware, if you will) simply didn't pay the landlord the rent due. Because he did that, for whatever reason, others were screwed very hard. It's broken up friendships, for sure.

I think, personally, the main issue is that people in this "business" don't actually know how to operate a business, or how to conduct themselves as businesspeople. There are very few growers I know who aren't flakes, who aren't ignorant, especially of laws outside the spectrum of MMJ, and whose business acumen doesn't leave much to be desired. For instance, the idea of contracts was brought up here--how many people are making an actual contractual agreement before they step into a big pile of steaming, stinking shit? I have a feeling not many, and when that happens, that means that no party can be guaranteed that all interested parties are on the same page and agree and understand everything the same way. When *that* happens, there are problems. So what's happening? Problems. Lots and lots of problems.

I told a friend from Kentucky not to make the mistake of moving all the way out to Colorado for a bud-tending job. She's got a great job as a bus driver out there, steady work, pays every week, benefits, pension. Why give that up to be shit on as a bud-tender?
hey man, employ yourself.

SM for real, its because people try and go huge. dude just do enough to keep yourself irie and pay your bills. you dont need an extra 25K goin in the bank ever year. thats the real hoardin fuck seed hoarders haha.
Whoa.... Do we have some of the same acquaintances? Or is it that common to try to go huge and aren't happy with just goin' large?
just take what ya need and get rid of the rest. anyone that cant do that shouldnt. most people mess up cause they have visions of cars and houses and shit. dude its a plant nothing on earth should make life that easy.
IMO, and this is based on many hours spent talking with someone who's been in the business for decades, too many people want to use growing cannabis as their sole source of income. He has always advised that a 'real' job be held and that the cannabis job be a side gig. People are trying to shift that paradigm, but I don't see it working unless more folks start treating it like a business and hold to some standards of practice, ethics, and so on.
but i mean its just like anything else, you can try and start a business or something, but if your product is inferior and you dont have marketing skills dont expect to go anywhere.

let everyone try, its the users fault as much as the grower that they are still in business if they suck. have the decency for YOURSELF to say "nah dude this shit is not worth it, or this is bunk" stand up for your money/time/medicine, and in the future it'll pay you back with people that give a damn, other than $
I am constantly putting off people who tell me to do it cheaper, to allow other 'inferiorities' and so on. I simply will not do it. I have a minimum standard, and there's no way I'm going to compromise myself by compromising my standards.

Difficult to say more without being allowed full edits.

A

Agent O

There will always be a Wal-Mart -> Target -> JCPenney -> Nieman Marcus.[/QUOTE]
And THATS why YOUR a shwagger. You love that corporate greed too. I think there is some honesty in saying the good growers are going underground again. where they should be. all these "investors are just ediots! I'm just saying when someone thinks green cure acutally "cures" and then they tell me im crazy. Same story just cut down a room with 8 1.5lb plants and the next month of the big room will be 2.5-3 oz plts.15 every two lights. and they said we wernt producing enough! but dont worry. I still have the home grow. But thanks for all the input, Still need a jobb.
"on the clock tower note, im a trained snipe(usmc) anyone need a class???"

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There's no need to attack RMCG for calling it like it is. He's right. And, this is a business, is it not? Didn't you want and expect to be reasonably compensated for your work and your product? Or are you aching for bygone days of failed communism and the state-run model?

A

Agent O

I am constantly putting off people who tell me to do it cheaper, to allow other 'inferiorities' and so on. I simply will not do it. I have a minimum standard, and there's no way I'm going to compromise myself by compromising my standards.

this is all too familar. But isn't that why were all here? I know i have a certain eticut when it comes to my ladies. This is mainly why i got fired. They wanted coco drip, and im a handwatering, soil bum who likes the best. It just boiled down to greed. $$$

A

Agent O

There's no need to attack RMCG for calling it like it is. He's right. And, this is a business, is it not? Didn't you want and expect to be reasonably compensated for your work and your product? Or are you aching for bygone days of failed communism and the state-run model?

and thats what needs to change. (sry RMCG not try to attack youjsut the idea)No i wanted to get PAID for my skills and time, not compensated. and yes im aching for failed communism or a stated model. Its better than being ran by a private corporation.(united states) or a failed/failing monatary system.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't know your particular situation, so I can't speak to it specifically. That said, if I were in a situation where I was able to apply, for compensation, my own skills, I would expect everything to be on the up-and-up just like with any other legitimate business. I require money to pay for my home, my food, and all the nice things about living in an industrialized nation. I have taken a great deal of time and energy to learn what I have to craft the product I do. And, providing a good or a service in exchange for money does not automatically represent greed to me.

I find it fascinating that any time someone expects fair compensation for their work, ideas, or goods, they're automatically labeled as greedy. Even more fascinating is that others believe they have the right and ability to decide what that fair compensation might be. Yet, many of those who are so quick to label are often those who have their hands out, because they're in need of what the 'greedy' ones have (money). That puts a hair across my ass, something fierce.

A

Agent O

I don't know your particular situation, so I can't speak to it specifically. That said, if I were in a situation where I was able to apply, for compensation, my own skills, I would expect everything to be on the up-and-up just like with any other legitimate business. I require money to pay for my home, my food, and all the nice things about living in an industrialized nation. I have taken a great deal of time and energy to learn what I have to craft the product I do. And, providing a good or a service in exchange for money does not automatically represent greed to me.

I find it fascinating that any time someone expects fair compensation for their work, ideas, or goods, they're automatically labeled as greedy. Even more fascinating is that others believe they have the right and ability to decide what that fair compensation might be. Yet, many of those who are so quick to label are often those who have their hands out, because they're in need of what the 'greedy' ones have (money). That puts a hair across my ass, something fierce.

See and it was on the up and up. thats why its soo f'd. Dude, I lost 35 ilbs cause i couldnt afford food! I just got f'd and am little bittler thats all...

Top Bottom