Great Growers Need Great Jobb!!!

• Thread starter Agent O
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Steve Z

No offense, but what would ~you~ pay someone for manual labor like this?

In a commercial greenhouse setting I've watched little old ladys hand seed flats that come down a conveyor belt, thousands a day, day in and day out. Probably weren't making 8-10/hr. What's the difference? You think they should make $60/hr ~just~ because its MMJ?

Granted, the DOR background check to do this makes it pretty damn pointless if you ask me.

yeah but in a commercial greenhouse with fruits and veggies they arent going out at ~3500 a # its like 3.00 wholesale. weed IS different.

just like i feel if your mining GOLD or SILVER you should get paid more than SALT or CHARCOAL. yeah its the same job but entirely diff markets.

and i think the homie hook up is 16/hr and free smoke while working. obviously if your a homie your gonna do a good job and not slack like you work at the DMV....

T

TurboAllWD

Yeah I was gonna say $15, thats what this chick i know charges. Or $200-250 a lb and ofcourse free smoke. It's completely different than manual labor, its skilled labor imo. You don't want just any monkey raking trichs off and cutting calyxes at $8 unless its mass produced and people will just buy it off the streets from your disp. I've paid $15/hr before but normally just hook my buddies up with buds and smoke while havin a trim session.

R

RMCG

yeah but in a commercial greenhouse with fruits and veggies they arent going out at ~3500 a # its like 3.00 wholesale. weed IS different.

just like i feel if your mining GOLD or SILVER you should get paid more than SALT or CHARCOAL. yeah its the same job but entirely diff markets.

and i think the homie hook up is 16/hr and free smoke while working. obviously if your a homie your gonna do a good job and not slack like you work at the DMV....

And what happens when its more like 800/# as mentioned earlier in the thread?

Then does 250/# to trim sound good? For the trimmer, hell yeah. Not so much for the grower, unless you are doing it while pedaling on bike to generate electricity at the same time...

MMC's (even patient workers) are not allowed to consume on premises IIRC.

Mining gold vs mining salt, same price. I would pay more so they don't pocket it, but the workers will still 'feel' shafted.

S

Steve Z

And what happens when its more like 800/# as mentioned earlier in the thread?

Then does 250/# to trim sound good? For the trimmer, hell yeah. Not so much for the grower, unless you are doing it while pedaling on bike to generate electricity at the same time...

MMC's (even patient workers) are not allowed to consume on premises IIRC.

Mining gold vs mining salt, same price. I would pay more so they don't pocket it, but the workers will still 'feel' shafted.

i dont know, but bottom line if i can only sell a # of my hard work for 800 i would trade industries. haha no way on earth i would ever let a # go for less than 3, assuming its quality.

i'll let that shit sit there and cure for 8 weeks til i found the right person that wanted it, if everyone just wants cheap outdoor to make big profits then go for it, if you want the AAA dank you know where i'll be kinda thing.

but even so around here brick mex goes to the end user for 800, so i see no way possible of that price ever achieving such low profits, if you try.

250/# for trimming?? dude no disrespect i got a shitload for ya, but either thats a strain that has crazy crazy cabbage or your hirin granny to trim for ya, and she just took her xanex... spring loaded clippers and a movie, you'll be suprised how much 3 of you can trim in that time.

but case being yeah if that dispensary ad is trimming shit weed then yeah thats a fair price. even a fair deal. cause anyone with half a brain and half dank isnt going to host interviews for a trimmer. they're going to find their stoner buddy that plays XBOX all day, advertising via CL on the internet for such a thing is stupid. state legal of not.

A

areUkind

minimum of 1lb trimmed experience needed for a 8-10/hr wage??? id rather have a crew of newbies and show them how to do it right, pay them at least 15/hr and know they appreciate their jobs.

trimming is hard work when done right and that hard work should be appreciated! that is unless you wanna do it all for yourself?

sky high

sky high

@ $800 per elbow the wholesaler will only need one clown with a G.E.D. to pour it into the "Trim-blah-ze' machine and VOILA'!!!! it all comes out lookin' (and smokin') like fuckin' brocolli...

beyond that, think "Chicken McNugget" where they grind >everything< up and then reconstitute it into a preformed "bud" known as the "McDank"

wot a mess...

s h

Dorje

Dorje

We are paying $20/hr and my partner is a total trim-nazi... I think she goes a little too far but the feedback from the customers says we do it. We also hash all the popcorn. We are actually a really small operation by MMC standards so we are going for quality over quantity.

Actually, the way the 70/30 rules are now written it is going to make it impossible for mega-dispensaries to exist unless they have huge numbers of patients signed, and even then they can only wholesale 30% of their yearly inventory. So if a MMC sells 200 lbs/year they can only wholesale 60 lbs to other MMCs. Basically, your production needs to be +/- 30% of your total sales, otherwise you run out or have to sell excess, either to a MIP or blow it out extra cheap in a clearance sale to avoid being in violation.

R

RMCG

Actually, the way the 70/30 rules are now written it is going to make it impossible for mega-dispensaries to exist unless they have huge numbers of patients signed, and even then they can only wholesale 30% of their yearly inventory. So if a MMC sells 200 lbs/year they can only wholesale 60 lbs to other MMCs. Basically, your production needs to be +/- 30% of your total sales, otherwise you run out or have to sell excess, either to a MIP or blow it out extra cheap in a clearance sale to avoid being in violation.

30% of yearly inventory or 'on hand' inventory?

Dorje

Dorje

30% of yearly inventory or 'on hand' inventory?

Yearly. It's a big difference from daily (which they considered), and I know some have probably already set up huge grows they will never be able to legally operate unless they have thousands of patients signed up.

Also, a MMC may only posses 2 oz per patient, which will not allow you to grow huge trees to compensate for only being allowed 6 plants per patient.

Because of this, I think lots of MMCs will produce excess they will not be legally allowed to keep on hand OR wholesale, which will drive the price of mmj down further, IMO.

R

RMCG

Interesting. I remembered when the 'on hand' was bandied about, didn't know it changed to yearly.

To me, the 2oz possession limit is sort of whacked. 2oz per patient, per day? per week? per month? You sort of need to ~plan~ for the ~potential~ that a patient may require more at times.

Wait until the DOR starts burning the excess. Kansas and Missouri will catch a contact buzz...

S

Steve Z

drive it down further for them but not the end user.

i've yet to see a 40 # haul that was like fire and worth the price of bomb anyway..... anything that big is commercial and has commercial quality. i feel its a completely different market. same $$ for the dispensary but for end user dank will still be dank prices.

furthermore, the CO medicinal scene is still kinda not on top of it. YEAH there is a bunch of clinics with herb and whatever, but i see #'s go on the street still every day, for good prices (for grower and end user). same with SD when i was there,

let the med scene run into the ground, shit we didnt need it when we started did we? i sure as hell aint gonna let them dictate whats quality price for me. i know as well as the people i deal with. fuck the med scene LOL, its a buncha kids that said they had a headache.

anyone with a real problem knows understands that nobody can tell me what to do. if this takes away my pain then fuck you if its legal or not. ima live my life and do my ish!

(sorry for the off topic just felt its related, cause the fakin kids with scripts are the real ones fuckin it up)

Tripsick

Tripsick

i would turn anything extra into BHO and other forms of Hash.

2 0z of wax per patient at 70 a gram.

Plus i would give away the 90.00 Bubbler/ Vapor Swing setup just to make sure they come back for more.

R

RMCG

Plus i would give away the 90.00 Bubbler/ Vapor Swing setup just to make sure they come back for more.

Ding Ding Ding

Now that is capitalism at its finest! :smiley_joint:

A

A20Grower

I know there is a local seed company looking for someone, you might go to their website.

If you are looking for work in an MMJ-related industry, you should have a separate MMJ resume that includes things like number of harvests if you grow, amount of plant matter trimmed, experience with specific strains and experience dealing with problems like pests and diseases.

Also, don't be a sketchball.

A legit operation like that seed company won't bother wasting time with people who make forum posts, so growers will have to be more savvy and advertise themselves. Any idiot can grow a weed, what do you bring to the table? Why do you deserve more than minimum wage? If you were good at growing then you'd be a caregiver right?

edit: I am not trying to be disrespectful. I am in the small business market in colorado so I feel that I understand issues that growers face attempting to remain legit.

R

Rednick

Isn't that the real problem with vaping.
No one wants to pay for the extra equipment to do it proper.

If it were to catch on you would have to GIVE AWAY the apparatus.

Oh well, anyone willing to work for $8-$10 an hour might as well be selling oranges on the freeway (a lot less work).

I was just being a dick posting that CL ad. I love to see the postings every now and again regarding MMJ and wonder what someone in Ohio, Florida or anywhere but here is thinkng. Or even people from here?

"Hey, trimming weed...that sounds cool...I like weed."

'Weeds' never, never, ever showed how much a pain in the ass trimming was. They had their grow house, an episode later the plants are six feet tall, and the next episode they have grown 90#s under 10K.
I gotta get that fucking strain! I need me some MILF.

T

TyKaycha

... I need me some MILF.

I'll take me some Nancy Botwin any day. :)
(the character played by Mary-Louise Parker for those who don't know the show)

Nancy Botwin will you marry me

S

Snafu

I'll take me some Nancy Botwin any day. :)
(the character played by Mary-Louise Parker for those who don't know the show)

View attachment 122506

if you suffered all the horrible seasons after 3 then you got to see her nekked full frontal twice :) and yes MILF quality :) (sadly i watched all the seasons and yes i feel dumber for having done it but i kept hoping it would get better and what do you know it flopped)

Latest posts

Top Bottom