Great to be Back at it again!

• Thread starter TheGreek_978
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Here’s an update. Can’t tell if I had my light too intense or cal mag deficiency.

Lowered the output on light and raised it to 20” from 18” and added more cal mag. Hopefully that fixes her. Not sure if I should cut those leafs out or just leave them.

IMG 8303
IMG 8304
IMG 8305
TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Added more cal mag and she is thriving.

PPM’s sitting @500 and PH sitting perfect at 5.8 and not moving. Water level is depleting so good signs

IMG 8320
IMG 8319
IMG 8316
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Leave 'em. Get it. LEAVE them? 🤣

They won't hurt anything but they also won't repair so if they bug you cut them off but I would just leave them.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Here’s an update

PPM’s 530 and steady with the water level lowering and the P.H sitting exactly at 5.8. I’m using FLORANova series and I have to say this stuff is working great. I’m mixing my own cal mag and hydroguard in there but other than that perfect.

IMG 8332
IMG 8333
IMG 8334
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

What might be causing 2 leaves to look like this? It’s just these 2 tho but don’t want what is happening to spread.
You talking about the little finger leaf? It depends when and where you see it.

In the beginning I see them early before they go to 5+ fingers per leaf. Later it’s usually a sign of some stress or other. You seem to have good new growth so it’s fine IMO.

Keep an eye out for new growth and its development.

hypertyper

hypertyper

Is there a reason to run both lights at this early stage? I would assume one of them dimmed is plenty and there is no reason to waste electricity.

As long as it's only one or two leaves that look off I wouldn't worry about it.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Is there a reason to run both lights at this early stage? I would assume one of them dimmed is plenty and there is no reason to waste electricity.

As long as it's only one or two leaves that look off I wouldn't worry about it.
I’m actually only running one light right now at about 55-60%. I might throw the second light on when I swap to flower but I’m not sure.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I’m actually only running one light right now at about 55-60%. I might throw the second light on when I swap to flower but I’m not sure.
Are any of the strange leaves in the top 2 or 3 nodes? If not you’re good and past the issue.

Most dim-able grow lights will say up to 75% for veg so your good. Either get a cheap LUX meter like Mr. Meters off Amazon or DL a LUX/PAR meter app. (Morning don’t like the apps as each phone is different but it’s free and a ball park.)

Have a good day.
Zen

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Are any of the strange leaves in the top 2 or 3 nodes? If not you’re good and past the issue.

Most dim-able grow lights will say up to 75% for veg so your good. Either get a cheap LUX meter like Mr. Meters off Amazon or DL a LUX/PAR meter app. (Morning don’t like the apps as each phone is different but it’s free and a ball park.)

Have a good day.
Zen
The leaves were on the bottom 3 nods so I assume passed the issue. I had a cal mag issue early on so maybe it was that.

Thank you

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Just saw these 2 leaves tonight they are at the very top of the plant. Again PPM’s a steady 530 with no drop and PH a steady 5.8 no climb or drop either and water level is dropping.

All the new growth looks good tho

IMG 8347
IMG 8348
IMG 8349
hypertyper

hypertyper

Regarding pppfd measurements: The Photone app (ipohone) is very accurate. Shane on Migro has done a review. I have the app and bought the LED module. It's really helpful.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Regarding pppfd measurements: The Photone app (ipohone) is very accurate. Shane on Migro has done a review. I have the app and bought the LED module. It's really helpful.
How can an app work on many different models of phone with different hardware and OS and still be accurate?

We did a cheesey test at home with a few phones. IMO it’s a ballpark tool.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Hey guys here’s an update on her.

PPM’s 600ish
PH 5.8 and steady

She’s doing great. Just started to train her a little bit and that’s about it lol

Attached I have a video too, it is not root rot on the plant it is staining from using FLORANova GROW.

IMG 8370
IMG 8369
j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
How many mls of calmag per/gal do you use, I think Botanicare calmag has the best ratio of calcium and magnesium, and I always add 1-2g/gal of epsom salt to balance the cal mag ratios
The problems with your previous leaves were more or less related to calcium or magnesium.
Some folks often increase the calmag when they have some issues abt calcium or magnesium, but it often leads to calcium lockout which affects magnesium.
I figured out that with PPFD up , that plants want so much Mag and calcium I was really using a lot cal mag.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

How many mls of calmag per/gal do you use, I think Botanicare calmag has the best ratio of calcium and magnesium, and I always add 1-2g/gal of epsom salt to balance the cal mag ratios
The problems with your previous leaves were more or less related to calcium or magnesium.
Some folks often increase the calmag when they have some issues abt calcium or magnesium, but it often leads to calcium lockout which affects magnesium.
I figured out that with PPFD up , that plants want so much Mag and calcium I was really using a lot cal mag.
I’m using around 10ML for the whole bucket which is about 10gal. So 1ml/G

Seems to be working fine. Also for the whole grow im using 12ml of flora nova grow which is a little more than 1ml/gal

And I have not had to play with the ph at all. It’s beautiful

Latest posts

Top Bottom