Greenpoint Seeds - Drop - Late 2014

• Thread starter G u
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G u

G u

everything is someone's else's work.
Giving ample credit doesnt seem to cut the mustard.

I've been as transparent as I can be about where and how I get/use genetics. I looked at other breeders not doing that, and I thought that would be something I could offer that was different. Transparency.

~

I gave the Monster Cookies packs away for free to 263 people about 11 per hybrid.
Do you know how long it would take me to get that much documentation if I did it on my own? That's 26 hybrids.

I gave away Star Dawg hybrids 210 people for the exact same reason. and that was 36 hybrids.

I'm trying to get as much of the information out there as quick as possible.

You don't want to buy untested gear? Wait a couple more weeks and you'll have finished journals.

~

Hope y'all remember I was knee deep in the testing scene and that's where I cut my teeth. I know you want to see testing, but it takes time. The demand is still out there and I don't remember Bodhi dropping his untested gear down to $25-35. He just put a disclaimer saying "this is for the people that cannot wait"

~

This is just the beginning for GPS, but I need to create a bunch of gear, find out what's great, and work it from there.
And that's exactly what I'm doing. =)

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
everything is someone's else's work.
Giving ample credit doesnt seem to cut the mustard.

I've been as transparent as I can be about where and how I get/use genetics. I looked at other breeders not doing that, and I thought that would be something I could offer that was different. Transparency.

~

I gave the Monster Cookies packs away for free to 263 people about 11 per hybrid.
Do you know how long it would take me to get that much documentation if I did it on my own? That's 26 hybrids.

I gave away Star Dawg hybrids 210 people for the exact same reason. and that was 36 hybrids.

I'm trying to get as much of the information out there as quick as possible.

You don't want to buy untested gear? Wait a couple more weeks and you'll have finished journals.

~

Hope y'all remember I was knee deep in the testing scene and that's where I cut my teeth. I know you want to see testing, but it takes time. The demand is still out there and I don't remember Bodhi dropping his untested gear down to $25-35. He just put a disclaimer saying "this is for the people that cannot wait"

~

This is just the beginning for GPS, but I need to create a bunch of gear, find out what's great, and work it from there.
And that's exactly what I'm doing. =)
So since we're keeping it real,did you ask @Kaya Paul,@ExoticGenetix,and @Lemonhoko to use their gear in your program?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pimp T

Pimp T

My last comment on this unless im asked for my opinion are you doing this for quality reliable genetics to the people or to gain bank? Part or the breedin game is the testing and perfecting to provide reliable genetics for us. I could figure no other reason for you to not take the time and quality control. Do you just want a seed co to call your own or do you want to provide quality genetics for the masses? Why skip the necessaries? Toyota doesnt just build cars and throw them outthere... no reliable brand does no matter what it is @gu

G u

G u

So since we're keeping it real,did you ask @Kaya Paul,@ExoticGenetix,and @Lemonhoko to use their gear in your program?

Lem and Kaya yes. Because their gear was gifted. Ex, no I bought that at the cup at full price

My last comment on this unless im asked for my opinion are you doing this for quality reliable genetics to the people or to gain bank? Part or the breedin game is the testing and perfecting to provide reliable genetics for us. I could figure no other reason for you to not take the time and quality control. Do you just want a seed co to call your own or do you want to provide quality genetics for the masses? Why skip the necessaries? Toyota doesnt just build cars and throw them outthere... no reliable brand does no matter what it is @gu

It's just the beginning, brother.
I gave away gear to almost 500 people in 3 months for quality control
I'm giving credit, asking permission, and keeping the price low.
I'm building a brand on quality genetics, and sustainable practices.
If one can hate on that, I don't know what else to do

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Lem and Kaya yes. Because their gear was gifted. Ex, no I bought that at the cup at full price

Best of luck to ya

Dunge

Dunge

Trying to be open and honest about such a hair trigger subject seems not to cut it, even in a forum like thcfarmer.
Be honest, but be smart too.
Defending yourself in forums is tricky.
Your seed popularity will eventually live or die on results no mater what is written here.
At least, I hope that's the case.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Trying to be open and honest about such a hair trigger subject seems not to cut it, even in a forum like thcfarmer.
Be honest, but be smart too.
Defending yourself in forums is tricky.
Your seed popularity will eventually live or die on results no mater what is written here.
At least, I hope that's the case.
I'm growing some of these eventually if I get a chance guaranteed atleast to experience what the magnitude is about.....I'm a huge boxing fan and hype is just a filler until that first bell lol

Full.Melt

Full.Melt

i have 4 monster cookies hybrids & 4 stardawg hybrids .best believe these will all have some great phenos.when i get some free space i will be popping some of these.currently csi's mendo purple is taking up the space in the flowering tent.

urban1026835

urban1026835

For what it's worth as someone who does this thing for personal enjoyment and just the love of growing I would gladly buy a pack of topdawg gear over gnu's x's anyday but in the last 2 years that just hasn't been possible unless I was to pay an arm and a leg considering when the gear does drop it is so limited and a handful of people buy everything up to make them even harder to score.

Hopefully JJ will drop enough gear on the community where he doesn't have to worry about things like this happening.

Oldman Green

Oldman Green

Hello friends ...

For starters, great respect to all breeders that stabilize their genetic before going to market. A great respect for Topdawg, your work is amazing !!!

On the other hand, seeds Gu Greenpoint, meeting polyhybrids F1 crosses are used to work and get some interesting line. I think they are not completed jobs.

I from Spain, as a breeder I serve to introduce some new blood in my gene pool old European school. It is a way to acquire the American elite clones dispensary in F1. I keep thinking I'll find some good copy.

I think it's a good start for Gu and Greenpoint seeds

Good vibes !!!!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Hmmmm.....What a perfect time for a coordinated effort by breeders,patient advocates, botanists and other stake holders to outline standard canna breeding practices and protocols. If not by you then who?
Got to start somewhere

A

A-Roe

why do you guys keep coming on this dudes forum to diss what he's doing. I dont think JJ's going to test the crosses from his new male, I dont remember OBS showing his crosses from his NBK male(stardawg), I feel what a lot of people saying about JJ knowing the Chem Line, my thing is you dont know what a plant will do until you flower it out, fuck a stem rub, stem pinch , how it looks as far as stacking or stretching these things really dont mean shit if it doesnt transfer in breeding. Like I said earlier in a post only those who Gu might've used testers (but proved he didnt) have a right to say anything about dudes breeding. Some of the stink stem pinches and rub on my fems have weak smells on the buds, just saying. Keeping making made Fla boy show em how the boys out the south do shit.
"We dont take over, we borrow blocks, burn em down and you can have it back daddy".JayZ hard knocklife vol2
Capital City out.

true grit

true grit

Obs' crosses were definitley handed out and grown well before he released any NBK crosses. And some may not notice it but from what Ive always been able to tell, Obs tests his own gear thoroughly.

H

happy b

Yes i did notice that.he done one drop then it says the stuffs no longer sold ther but i assumed it was because stax were told by Gu to sell em for £31 when he told cannazon to sell em for £26.dont know why gu did that but Johnny Thunder at stax isnt the type to deal with such things.he doesnt deal with distributers either.i dont think he sells gear unless he can deal direct whith the breeder.i asked him about possibly getting some Bodhi gear in but he says he wouldnt deal with the "distro,s" most big companies use.but he is a gent.

A

A-Roe

Obs' crosses were definitley handed out and grown well before he released any NBK crosses. And some may not notice it but from what Ive always been able to tell, Obs tests his own gear thoroughly.
Shit how much testing could have been done didnt he just find the male in like the summer, maybe it was the spring dont really remember cause I had to take a net break for about 3-4 months and when he posted it, it was just a seedling that had little trichs on the leaves then, he came back a couple of months maybe weeks and said it was a male. OK lets just say I havent seen the man post to much of his gear that he's testing then agian maybe he post it on another site, Ive seen @MakinGoo do the TK killer not sure if he was gifted those to test run or he bought them at one of the cups where I've saw that other guys got theirs from. And from what I remember if i remember correctly didnt @G u say that the male he used is from one of his friends who has already used it in crosses that came out good. I agree with guys on the premises of him not germ testing, you gotta do that before you sell ya beans. All of the beans are out there now so lets just see whose crosses do the best, that's the manly way to go about things instead of bickering like we are all women during that special time of the month. And @G u dont go jacking your prices up threw the roof when people start jumping on board keeping it low, produce more and corner the market.

true grit

true grit

@A-Roe - You're wrong here buddy...the NBK male was found in early 2013...plenty of time for ample testing. And with Obs connects, sure it provides for a lot more testing than buncha random people popping 3-4 beans each in their grow. Just saying.

Top Bottom