Grove bags, who uses them? Pros/cons?

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

Yep, cause GLASS MASON JARS WITH METAL LIDS AND PLASTIC BOVEDA PACKS are so much better.

/s

Amazon is NOT the lowest prices for a lot of items contrary to popular belief.
Never use packs, glass & metal are less prone to single (limited) use, bottom line though I'm not convinced these things are much more than the Gorilla tent of zip lock bags except mark up price is even higher.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Never use packs, glass & metal are less prone to single (limited) use, bottom line though I'm not convinced these things are much more than the Gorilla tent of zip lock bags except mark up price is even higher.

Cool. Nobody cares or is here to convince you. Use them or don't.

If you think a $4 bag that can be re-used 4-5 times to cure $400 worth of product is "overpriced" I don't know what to tell you.

$5.41 for a Boveda pack or $4 for a Grove Bag. You decide.

Last edited:
Glassdub

Glassdub

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

i know this is an old post, but what exactly do you mean by dry and sweat?
i thought i had the dry and cure thing down by slowly drying until the buds felt slightly crisp then into a jar with a moisture meter and burping.
i just got grove bags and really don't want to make another mistake.
I highly recommend against following their instructions of sweating UNLESS your buds are particularly thick and/or had a real low RH dry space like @freezeland2 noted. Also if you do sweat them per the instructions, be sure not to use just any paper bag. Use an actual lunch paper bag that is thin. Don't think any paper bag will do like I did and I frikkin used a thicker Euro-tote style paper bag and brought my RH from 65 to 35ish in 12hr 😖 and it was the only of 4 plants I had not already over dried. As for the bags themselves, I highly recommend them. Quality seems real good. Their site is solid and offers custom Qrt oz bags in 50-100 different strain packaging. I ordered white widows pouches for my white widow strain last grow. Talk about bag appeal. Nobody seen no shit like that before 😁

These fkrs are $2.50 each below but if you know printing and custom packaging you know the additional cost

beluga

beluga

Since this is the current Grove Bag discussion thread... does anyone know what kind of materials they use?

It's kind of suspect, how opaque they are with that information. They literally call their "technology", "elements." Which is just absolutely insulting to me as a consumer. They don't need to list their proprietary blend; just tell me which plastics you use.

I don't even see in any of their available product information that they list these as food grade. Can I not at least rest assured they're using HDPE on the contact layer of the bag?

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Since this is the current Grove Bag discussion thread... does anyone know what kind of materials they use?

It's kind of suspect, how opaque they are with that information. They literally call their "technology", "elements." Which is just absolutely insulting to me as a consumer. They don't need to list their proprietary blend; just tell me which plastics you use.

I don't even see in any of their available product information that they list these as food grade. Can I not at least rest assured they're using HDPE on the contact layer of the bag?

Naw tbh I never even gave it much thought. Felt like I would only really know how or if they worked if tried some. I will say though that all the dispensarys around here at least have moved towards using what seems a near identical bag. I bought an 1/8th and a 1/4 last night from Herbal Wellness and both came in bags that seem to be grove bags without the name. You'd think they must be safe enough and solid enough if they all use them in the commercial side. I even save some dispensary bags to reuse and add to my grove bag stock

beluga

beluga

You'd think they must be safe enough and solid enough if they all use them in the commercial side.
I would definitely like to think that, but my experience has usually told me information withheld is not done unintentionally.

I should say I come from the position of wanting to use these bags. Seems like a perfect solution especially like in TSDs situation, with cumbersome amounts of harvest.
I just want them to sell me over my vacuum-sealer, and they don't seem to want to sell me on that.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I would definitely like to think that, but my experience has usually told me information withheld is not done unintentionally.

I should say I come from the position of wanting to use these bags. Seems like a perfect solution especially like in TSDs situation, with cumbersome amounts of harvest.
I just want them to sell me over my vacuum-sealer, and they don't seem to want to sell me on that.

Yeah makes a lot of sense. I bet there are many people with similar concerns out there. Considering you can sue someone nowadays for looking at you wrong, I bet that the bags that dispensary's use have been looked into for some sort of safety. I think there are likely positive and negatives to all options out there. I have some mason jars but not big ones. Have maybe 10-15 grove bags of different sizes left as well but with 4 plants to harvest ahead I plan to buy more. Highly doubt there are any better options that vacuum-sealing for long term storage though. I'd imagine that air is the key to gradual degradation and if you have no air since has been removed, you could really keep things perfect for a long time. Does your vacuum sealer do bags only or is it for jars too?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

You still need to cure the product which a vacuum sealer won't accomplish :p freshness can be observed for upwards of 2 years in heat sealed Grove Bags so I could see the benefit of using the vacuum sealer for long term storage after the cure was achieved if that's what you need.

Last edited:
beluga

beluga

Does your vacuum sealer do bags only or is it for jars too?
Just bags. Honestly haven't had the caliber of harvest in a long time that would merit anything but mason jars. But next season is forecast to be different 😎
You still need to cure the product which a vacuum sealer won't accomplish :p freshness can be observed for upwards of 2 years in heat sealed Grove Bags so I could see the benefit of using the vacuum sealer for long term storage after the cure was achieved if that's what you need.
Very good point. To which I then question if certified food-grade buckets wouldn't do an easier job and be extensively reusable.

Well, maybe not easier. I guess it's up to the individual whether or not they think loading a bunch of bud into self-regulating bags would be easier than a 5g bucket that you have to occasionally burp. It does make extra steps, the bucket. But I can know what material I'm using at least. I'd love to know the material  and capitalize on that ease-of-use.

Last edited:
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Just bags. Honestly haven't had the caliber of harvest in a long time that would merit anything but mason jars. But next season is forecast to be different 😎

Very good point. To which I then question if certified food-grade buckets wouldn't do an easier job and be extensively reusable.

Well, maybe not easier. I guess it's up to the individual whether or not they think loading a bunch of bud into self-regulating bags would be easier than a 5g bucket that you have to occasionally burp. It does make extra steps, the bucket. But I can know what material I'm using at least. I'd love to know the material  and capitalize on that ease-of-use.

I watched a video with the owner of the company and his family has been making bags for the food industry for many years which is what got them to branch off and create their Grove Bag line for cannabis. They do even have Grove liners you can buy for much larger applications 🤷‍♂️ https://store.grovebags.com/product/liner-27-gallon-tote-10-pack/

out here sounding like a damn salesman

R

ritoMox

magnificentog

magnificentog

So normally I'm a Mason jar gal, but this year was a bountiful harvest, so I need something bigger. Who uses grove bags? How do they compare to jars? I know you don't have to burp, or so they say, but do they work as good as they claim they do? If your buds are a little too dry, do they let humidity in as well? Any tips from people that use them are appreciated, thanks!
I cannot recommend these bags. I would advise using those little humidity strips

Latest posts

Top Bottom