Grove Bags Yes? No? Why?

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Habosabin

Habosabin

For me it’s all about that one time you forget to close your jars back up…or if you have to be away from the house for a few days, but mostly those idiot moments when you realize you left the lids off all day because for some reason you got distracted and forgot.

I feel ya on the whole hands on, touching and smelling the buds as they cure thing…but that day you forget to close lids…that seals the deal for me since I live in +- 30% RH during the winter. I am hoping Grove Bags can be stored in that low of RH too so we shall see. The only thing that would take some trial and error is finding the perfect dryness to bag them up. I don’t like the idea of relying on a wood meter because when the zombie apocalypse hits and I’m bugged out in my homemade shack in the woods, with my Grove Bags, I want to know when my buds are good to seal up. I guess I could just use the meter once…then I would know. I dunno…this new harvest I’m smoking is pretty potent and I kinda forgot I was writing in a forum and just started thinking out loud. But yeah, don’t forget to close those lids. Grove Bags are cheap, give it a try with an ounce or 2.
I've found that if the leaves knock off easily with a silicon brush it's at the right moisture content

Dothraki

Dothraki

Do stems snap clean off at 10% moisture? I’ve never used a meter so have no reference.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Do stems snap clean off at 10% moisture? I’ve never used a meter so have no reference.
Mostly if you mean the small bud stems. It depends on how even the dry is throughout the plant if hung whole. The main stems do not snap.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I should also add that the bud on the plant that meter is stuck in has only been hanging 7 days. I snipped that bud off after the pic for test consumption. The drying environment it’s hanging in is 60 degrees and 59% rh. The rest of the buds are mostly reading 15 - 17% moisture so a ways to go yet. In terms of days that’s maybe 2 or 3 more. There is zero clipped grass or hay smell.

The bud I clipped smokes nice by the way.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I should also add that the bud on the plant that meter is stuck in has only been hanging 7 days. I snipped that bud off after the pic for test consumption. The drying environment it’s hanging in is 60 degrees and 59% rh. The rest of the buds are mostly reading 15 - 17% moisture so a ways to go yet. In terms of days that’s maybe 2 or 3 more. There is zero clipped grass or hay smell.

The bud I clipped smokes nice by the way.
Mine were in a similar environment 62-64f and 58-60RH. Took 16 days to dry, they were smooth and flavorful. Didn’t get the grass smell until bagged, hopefully it doesn’t stick around.

Side note… I can smell the bud from the bags that are closed but not heat sealed. Just FYI. The sealed bags emit no smell but the zipped bags (that I don’t burp) are definitely exchanging more air.

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Side note… I can smell the bud from the bags that are closed but not heat sealed. Just FYI. The sealed bags emit no smell but the zipped bags (that I don’t burp) are definitely exchanging more air.

That would have been my next question, ty :)

indogrow420

indogrow420

Ok so since we talking about curing etc I read about the oldschool fridge cure and had to ask what would happen if one was to bag buds in a groove bag not too dry and not too damp ,heat seal then leave it in the fridge?

Dothraki

Dothraki

Ok so since we talking about curing etc I read about the oldschool fridge cure and had to ask what would happen if one was to bag buds in a groove bag not too dry and not too damp ,heat seal then leave it in the fridge?
They probably wouldn’t cure…but be good for storage maybe. Although I believe the membrane doesn’t work unless it’s the right temperature. Too cold and it won’t do what it’s supposed to so at that point just use glass or regular food grade plastic.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I am contemplating these bags as well as I have quite the harvest coming up in January or early Febuary, the bags can only work in a "range" of humidity of 5-7 degrees so when you do the initial burp the humidity must be close to the ideal temp so I understand. SS

freezeland2

freezeland2

I am contemplating these bags as well as I have quite the harvest coming up in January or early Febuary, the bags can only work in a "range" of humidity of 5-7 degrees so when you do the initial burp the humidity must be close to the ideal temp so I understand. SS
My bags are stored in a room that has less then 30% rh. Inside the bags it’s right where it’s supposed to be at 58 - 62%.

Dothraki

Dothraki

My bags are stored in a room that has less then 30% rh. Inside the bags it’s right where it’s supposed to be at 58 - 62%.
Same here. 30% RH @ 65f… bags are holding 58-60. See how well it holds over time (when heat sealed). So far so good.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I think as long as they don’t over dry during the initial burping it’ll be fine. The bags create….actually..the bags maintain the right environment once the buds are dried to the proper moisture level.

I’ll be the first to call BS on a product that doesn’t work.

So far, the bags seem to be working. If they are as good as a perfectly executed jar burping and retain all of the flavors there’s no need for jars anymore. They are definitely retaining the smells of the buds, my only question is will the flavor be there after a couple 3 weeks or so. And if it is, I will gather a large group of people, go to the Grove Bags headquarters, and we will all slowly stand up while one person begins to clap, as we all awkwardly join the clapping one by one until there is a whole collective clappening happening.

But ask me in a few more weeks lol

Dothraki

Dothraki

+ … these might be better than a perfect jar cure. A constant and controlled “burping” while in the bags with the right amount of exchange… hmm, yeah that sounds perfect.

One thing is for sure. I have not once said
“OH SHIT, I FORGOT TO PUT THE LIDS BACK ON!”
hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom