Grove Bags Yes? No? Why?

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Ha. Well according to the laws here Iā€™ll never fill them. So, weā€™ll go with that. Iā€™ll put a joint in each bag and the first 9 that sign up can come to the party and share a joint. 1 joint per person pleeth

View attachment 1313403
Damn......holdin' out...... šŸ˜„ Reminds me of that joke where the Boss tells the office party organizers that last year everyone got drunk and mayhem ensued so this year only one beer per person......Organizers bought gallon cups!!!!!

I think I might try these bags once I start to backlog product but at the rate my GF is raiding the jars that may not happen anytime soon!šŸ˜‹

S

Spotsy_Homegrow

Hey guys random but I was going to order half pound bags but for some reason the grovebag website was telling me I can't place the order due to not having permissions .. I figured maybe I need to log in but nope nothing worked ,huh ...

So I got some from amazon that were overpriced. Is it possible that their fakes ?
They look the same but there are two big windows on the front, I havent seen those on their website . Asking you guys if you ever recieved simillar looking from grovebag website itself .
thanks
So I just got the same bags a couple days ago and the seller had emailed me and said that they are "discrete tagged" or something like that meaning there is nothing printed on the bag indicating exactly what they're used for (for paraphernalia possession purposes) . I imagine we probably got them from the same guy so check your email because he reached out to me before my bags arrived/non-prompted and said he would correct it if anyone had a problem with that.

I did not press the link, but he did include a link claiming to be "proof" that Grove sells this product.

So hopefully not counterfeit!

ninjadip

ninjadip

Well, just bought 10 of the 1 pound bags. I'll give them a try and compare to my standard method.
Can you tag me on that when the results come in? Are you going to do various trials, like time wise, moisture wise, etc..? I would love to see your results for my own curiosity

Dothraki

Dothraki

I just went and read back thru the thread to try to understand where the friction was coming from.

You were looking for specific answers why your weed smells like hay. You didn't get the answer you were looking for (someone who has the same issue), but were instead told use the product as intended to finish the cure properly, which will make this a non issue. If you had been using the product as intended, you would not have seen this problem in the first place. That is the essence of the feedback.

What I am reading is an overwhelming majority of well respected members saying the same thing. You are instead digging your heels in and coming back with the quote above. This may not be an argument, but you are being argumentative.

You are essentially using this bag as a ziplock. That's fine if that is what you want to do. But if you want to learn facts - at least own up to the fact that you are not using them for the intended purpose, in the intended way. There really isn't anything else to say here. If you are gonna keep using it as you snack stash - again no one cares - go for it - you are not using groove bags you are doing something else.
You missed the point as well. The point was never ā€œhow do i use grove bagsā€ā€¦the point was ā€œdo you get green smell from them, if opened earlyā€ and sorry but, I donā€™t believe that nobody in here has opened one of their grove bags within the first week. Iā€™m not digging my heals in, just correcting peoples assumptions and their own misunderstandings.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Can you tag me on that when the results come in? Are you going to do various trials, like time wise, moisture wise, etc..? I would love to see your results for my own curiosity
What I find incredulous is the no degradation part. I guess youā€™d have to define degradation. Iā€™ll attempt to do that. But it will be years before I have results. A positive result means no loss of cannabinoids terps or weight across 2 years. I cannot do that now with my process. So I guess weā€™ll see you in a couple years for the lab results. Or sooner if they fail.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You missed the point as well. The point was never ā€œhow do i use grove bagsā€ā€¦the point was ā€œdo you get green smell from them, if opened earlyā€ and sorry but, I donā€™t believe that nobody in here has opened one of their grove bags within the first week. Iā€™m not digging my heals in, just correcting peoples assumptions and their own misunderstandings.
Ok man. Disagree. Letā€™s leave it at that.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

What I find incredulous is the no degradation part. I guess youā€™d have to define degradation. Iā€™ll attempt to do that. But it will be years before I have results. A positive result means no loss of cannabinoids terps or weight across 2 years. I cannot do that now with my process. So I guess weā€™ll see you in a couple years for the lab results. Or sooner if they fail.
Right? What is strange is that, regardless of the environment your harvest sits in it will eventually fall to biological and environmental processes.

The fact that the bag is permeable means that oxygen exchanges are happening. Oxygen, light and heat are what degrade weed.

To be able to preserve weed for that long? Seems like quite the claim. I noticed some on here have held product that long and they're reporting back that degradation was minimal so I'll use that as my signal to look into it and see if I get the same results.

Another thing that is weird, and maybe I just was too impatient and didn't find it on the site, is that when they talk about how long the bags will keep your product fresh, the narrator says that "anectdotal" evidence says that long term storage is maximized with their product. Why would he say that when they also mention hundreds of hours of testing? Again, not knocking the product but I do see some inconsistencies in their claims.

Last edited:
Dothraki

Dothraki

I just went and read back thru the thread to try to understand where the friction was coming from.

You were looking for specific answers why your weed smells like hay. You didn't get the answer you were looking for (someone who has the same issue), but were instead told use the product as intended to finish the cure properly,

What I am reading is an overwhelming majority of well respected members saying the same thing.
Just for the recordā€¦this. No real answer just repeating ā€œdonā€™t open themā€ lol

Itā€™s cool thereā€™s a community and clicks of people that are buddies on here, I get itā€¦but ultimately arenā€™t we all here for knowledge and spreading that knowledge of growing and harvesting top quality bud? I question everyone and everything, and everyone should. Thatā€™s how discoveries are made and keeps ridicule open for debate, which will lead to information.

Catch a man a fish and heā€™ll eat for a dayā€¦but teach a man how to fish and heā€™ll eat for a lifetime.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Right? What is strange is that, regardless of the environment your harvest sits in it will eventually fall to biological and environmental processes.

The fact that the bag is permeable means that oxygen exchanges are happening. Oxygen, light and heat are what degrade weed.

To be able to preserve weed for that long? Seems like quite the claim. I noticed some on here have held product that long and they're reporting back that degradation was minimal so I'll use that as my signal to look into it and see if I get the same results.

Another thing that is weird, and maybe I just was too impatient and didn't find it on the site, is that when they talk about how long the narrator says that "anectdotal" evidence says that long term storage is maximized with their product. Why would he say that when they also mention hundreds of hours of testing? Again, not knocking the product but I do see some inconsistencies in their claims.
I can say that if you plan on keeping it good for a couple months or more definitely heat seal it. I tested 4 bags different sizes on my buddies crop and they all got bone dry. They were not heat sealed though.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Just for the recordā€¦this. No real answer just repeating ā€œdonā€™t open themā€ lol

Itā€™s cool thereā€™s a community and clicks of people that are buddies on here, I get itā€¦but ultimately arenā€™t we all here for knowledge and spreading that knowledge of growing and harvesting top quality bud? I question everyone and everything, and everyone should. Thatā€™s how discoveries are made and keeps ridicule open for debate, which will lead to information.

Catch a man a fish and heā€™ll eat for a dayā€¦but teach a man how to fish and heā€™ll eat for a lifetime.
You can try and catch bees with vinegar or honey.....your choice.

TSD

TSD

What would happen if you were to use the Grove bags for long term storage? Since they are breathable wouldn't that accelerate THC oxidation? Not to say that oxidation doesn't happen in jars but I would think that an airtight container would slow down oxidation.

I can see how the Grove bags are useful in your situation. Thankfully I don't have to punch a time card anymore so I can work my schedule around my grow tasks.
I still have some of last year's harvest in groves, and it still smells and tastes surprisingly good and is only just now starting to look a little "old" You know, starting to get a brown tinge... and if I'm being honest, I've never heat sealed any of mine because I wanted to reuse them. It's maintained a good humidity level as well, hasn't gotten super dry, despite dry winters and pellet stove use here. I do keep all my bags in a big cooler to maintain a mini environment. Think I will seal this year's and just leave one bag of each strain unsealed so I can get into it.

Dothraki

Dothraki

For anyone without a heat sealerā€¦I used an iron to heat seal the bags. The cotton setting is what you want (375-425f) and no steam. Run it down the edge with the tip of the iron seals right up.

TSD

TSD

I gave you an answer, a little grassy smell is normal in the early stages of cure as chlorophyll breaks down... Just let them cure then judge. I don't think anyone is being "clique-y" just because we all have similar responses... usually one would take that to mean that's probably the true answer?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Another thing that is weird, and maybe I just was too impatient and didn't find it on the site, is that when they talk about how long the bags will keep your product fresh, the narrator says that "anectdotal" evidence says that long term storage is maximized with their product. Why would he say that when they also mention hundreds of hours of testing? Again, not knocking the product but I do see some inconsistencies in their claims.
I hope it works. I just find this stuff fun from an engineering standpoint. Iā€™m not sure there is any such thing as the best cure. Doesnā€™t keep me from looking for one tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom