Grow #2 - Barney's Farm Acapulco Gold Feminized

• Thread starter BigBlonde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockebox

Lockebox

I've been having a problem with low humidity myself and considered sticking a bowl of water in the tent, does that work pretty well for you? I may actually try it now lol

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I've been having a problem with low humidity myself and considered sticking a bowl of water in the tent, does that work pretty well for you? I may actually try it now lol
I haven't done it yet. I have a small humidifier now, but it has only been running for two days.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

I can raise the temperature, but I'm having a problem with low humidity. Increasing the temperature will dry it out more. I did buy a humidifier and it is running. It's helping. I don't have much room in the tent, but can put a sponge near the air intake. Thanks for the suggestion. I had been thinking of doing something like that.
Do you have a heater in the tent?
You could try that and see if it helps, or hang a damp towel in the tent

Last edited:
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

So... It is two days since my previous update. I have a humidifier in the tent now. It can't be controlled by the ACI controller. I just have to keep tweaking it till I find the right setting. I have to wait till January to get one from ACI that can be controlled. I'm looking forward to that.

Anyway, here are the pictures of the plants as of this morning. This is day 24. The soil is FF Happy Frog.

D24 P1   20221123 101546
D24 P2   20221123 101557
D24 P3   20221123 101620

The first two plants are in 7 gallon fabric pots. The third plant is in a 2 gallon plastic pot and it is about a week younger than the first two.

The older leaves were turning brown at the tips. I believe that was due to the low humidity. It could also have been because the soil was wetter than I thought it was when I transplanted them. They haven't been watered for 10 days. They seem to be getting healthier.

Because of the low humidity, I have been spraying the surface of the soil with plain water. The plants seem to like it. I read somewhere that spraying the soil is a good way to add moisture to young plants.

So, I think these are going to be okay, in spite of their dry beginning. Here's what the settings are as of now.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Do you have a heater in the tent?
You could try that and see if it helps, or hang a damp towel in the tent
I do have a heater in the tent. I run it when the lights are off. I read that VPD doesn't matter as much when it's dark. I have the humidifier off at night because the instructions said not to run it continuously. I don't have a way to run it from the ACI controller.

I'll try the towel or sponge method. That should help. I have also put water into the saucers. I have the pots elevated, so water in the saucers won't touch the pots.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

I do have a heater in the tent. I run it when the lights are off. I read that VPD doesn't matter as much when it's dark. I have the humidifier off at night because the instructions said not to run it continuously. I don't have a way to run it from the ACI controller.

I'll try the towel or sponge method. That should help. I have also put water into the saucers. I have the pots elevated, so water in the saucers won't touch the pots.
What type of heater? If it has an heating element like in small space ceramic heaters, they will suck the humidity out of the air. I have a ceramic space heater and use it outside pointed at the tent hooked up to a timer and works like a charm. Oh and it’s good for the plants to have a difference in temps from day to night but not more than 10 degrees. That’s good they are not sitting in water. Humidity always rises after watering too

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

What type of heater? If it has an heating element like in small space ceramic heaters, they will suck the humidity out of the air. I have a ceramic space heater and use it outside pointed at the tent hooked up to a timer and works like a charm. Oh and it’s good for the plants to have a difference in temps from day to night but not more than 10 degrees. That’s good they are not sitting in water. Humidity always rises after watering too
I am using a small oil heater. It's at the back center of the tent. My guess is that oil heaters are better because they provide a more consistent temperature.

I'm pretty sure that it's the air temperature that affects the humidity most. That's why I kept the temperature low while I was struggling with low humidity.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Are you using organic ferts or synthetic?
I am soil and synthetic, their are many others we can get who grow organic.
There is help here. 👍
I am using Fox Farm Happy Frog. I haven't added any fertilizer yet. I still have some FF nutrients from the last grow and will probably use it for this grow, too. I also have some CleanKelp that I might use.

The soil probably isn't the problem at the moment.

steamroller

steamroller

I am using Fox Farm Happy Frog. I haven't added any fertilizer yet. I still have some FF nutrients from the last grow and will probably use it for this grow, too. I also have some CleanKelp that I might use.

Sorry I know you already covered this. 🥴
At 3 weeks I would be feeding and making sure you are watering correctly.
I like this watering method to double check myself.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Sorry I know you already covered this. 🥴
At 3 weeks I would be feeding and making sure you are watering correctly.
I like this watering method to double check myself.
Thanks. The plants have been stressed and a bit small for their age because of the humidity problem, so I haven't fed them yet. You're right, though. They'll need to be fed soon.

I have been thinking about watering methods. Thanks for the link!

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

are you sure it is humidity ? could it possibly be something else , i ask because on my current grow the humidity has been low and there not too much i can do about it i use electric wall heaters for heating my whole tiny house and they drop my humidity does this every year right now the humidity in my tents are in the 40's this whole grow and my plants are looking better then they have the previous grows, but with that said i never start having problems until around the 5th or 6 th week of flower up until then i do pretty good

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

you need to starting feeding you should of done that a week ago

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

my humidity and the plants are 33 days old i admit these are autoflowers im just showing low humididity and what my plants look like . but if you remember i have grown barney farm gold before
IMG 20221123 174238091
IMG 20221123 174248325

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i just found these pics there at 7 weeks from germination barneys farm aculpoca gold my humididty was low during the grow

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

You have nice looking plants. Mine are at 24 days and aren't doing anywhere near as well. This isn't going well for me.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

are you sure it is humidity ? could it possibly be something else , i ask because on my current grow the humidity has been low and there not too much i can do about it i use electric wall heaters for heating my whole tiny house and they drop my humidity does this every year right now the humidity in my tents are in the 40's this whole grow and my plants are looking better then they have the previous grows, but with that said i never start having problems until around the 5th or 6 th week of flower up until then i do pretty good
This is much more difficult than I ever thought it would be. We've spent a lot of money and haven't got anything to show for it. We're thinking about giving up. We hoped to save money over dispensary weed, but that sure isn't happening. Maybe it's time to try growing vegetables.

If this problem isn't the humidity, I don't know what it could be. So many folks say not to fertilize young plants. I'm worried about over watering. Maybe the lights are set too high or too low. Maybe I should just leave them alone. IDK

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

This is much more difficult than I ever thought it would be. We've spent a lot of money and haven't got anything to show for it. We're thinking about giving up. We hoped to save money over dispensary weed, but that sure isn't happening. Maybe it's time to try growing vegetables.

If this problem isn't the humidity, I don't know what it could be. So many folks say not to fertilize young plants. I'm worried about over watering. Maybe the lights are set too high or too low. Maybe I should just leave them alone. IDK
you dont feed for the first 2 weeks is what they all told me , you can still save them maybe give them some food there photos you got time can veg them for ever almost if you want
this is why they say photos are easier then autos , photos u got time to fix with autos you do not lol

ninjadip

ninjadip

How are they doing @BigBlonde ?

Did you end up feeding them?

Top Bottom