Grow #2 - Barney's Farm Acapulco Gold Feminized

• Thread starter BigBlonde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

How are they doing @BigBlonde ?

Did you end up feeding them?
I made a few small changes. I raised the temperature for the tent fan by two degrees, from 72 to 74. Since doing so, the humidity has stayed between 60 and 65. The VPD is hovering about 1.0. Those numbers are much better than they were. I fed them a small amount of CleanKelp at half the recommended amount. I also lowered the lights slightly.

Tomorrow I probably will feed them a low dose of Fox Farm nutrients and bump up the temperature a bit more.

I need to figure out how to set the light levels.

The yellowish color doesn't look right, especially at the edges of the leaves. Is that nutrient deficiency?

D24 P22   20221123 204300

ninjadip

ninjadip

I made a few small changes. I raised the temperature for the tent fan by two degrees, from 72 to 74. Since doing so, the humidity has stayed between 60 and 65. The VPD is hovering about 1.0. Those numbers are much better than they were. I fed them a small amount of CleanKelp at half the recommended amount. I also lowered the lights slightly.

Tomorrow I probably will feed them a low dose of Fox Farm nutrients and bump up the temperature a bit more.

I need to figure out how to set the light levels.

The yellowish color doesn't look right, especially at the edges of the leaves. Is that nutrient deficiency?

View attachment 1305537
If that is the right color showing in picture they look light green like they need food. I was reading your thread earlier and I'm sorry you feel so frustrated with growing. Just wanted to reach out and see what's up

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

If that is the right color showing in picture they look light green like they need food. I was reading your thread earlier and I'm sorry you feel so frustrated with growing. Just wanted to reach out and see what's up
Yes. I was a bit frustrated. I'm feeling better today and will keep going. A decent crop would be helpful. I should have almost everything I need.

They look about the same this morning. I mixed 5 ml of FF Grow Big in a gallon of water. FF's feeding chart says to use 10 ml at three weeks, but I'm thinking their two-week dose of 5 ml would be better for this first feed.

Here are pictures taken this morning:

D25 P11   20221124 070040
D25 P21   20221124 070056
D25 P31   20221124 070107

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

A source of frustration for me has been AC Infinity and their lack of ability to stock the components I need. So, I'm thinking of buying an Inkbird controller for temperature and humidity. I see Amazon has two types. One has both controllers in one unit (model ITC-608T). Another has two separate controllers (ITC-308 Temperature Controller and IHC-200 Humidity Controller). They're both on sale and the difference in price is only $3. Does anyone have a recommendation as to which option is better for our purposes?

steamroller

steamroller

I use the inkbird ITC 308 for my AC/ heat unit and love it. đź‘Ť
I would prefer separate units when it comes to this myself so vote for separate units.
Inkbird is good stuff. đź’Ş

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I would prefer separate units when it comes to this myself so vote for separate units.
Some reviews wrote that the combined unit is hard to program but had a lot of features. It looks like the separate units might be easier to program. Easy is good.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

do you have to use anolog equipment with those controllers ? cant use anything that digital

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

do you have to use anolog equipment with those controllers ? cant use anything that digital
The equipment has to be able to resume when powered from the outlet. My heater and humidifier can both do that, so that's not a problem for me.

steamroller

steamroller

I run my AC/Heater. I use the inkbird for AC only.
I set the AC for 70f and the inkbird for whatever is my top end [ 84f] .

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I ordered two Inkbird controllers, one for the heater and another for the humidifier. My intent is (or was) to have a AC Infinity system, but they probably won't have all the components in stock till after this grow is done. So, I'll use the Inkbird for now and see how it goes. I've heard many good things about Inkbird, so I'll give them a try, plus they have what I need and can deliver early next week.

After yesterday's feeding, the plants are visibly taller, but the leaf color is still a problem and the lower leaves are still turning brown at the tips and dying.

ninjadip

ninjadip

On your one post your humidity and temp seemed good enough. I think you might be placing too much blame of the plant symptoms on humidity and temp, when it could be something else like "hot" soil, nutes, watering schedule. Not trying to argue, just my opinion.

I never worry that much about humidity when they are that small. Maybe I'm lucky, but I have vegged in much worse vpd, and they made it though fine. I worry more about RH in flower.

If they are taller that's great! The leaves won't heal overnight. If everything is good now new leaves will come and the bad ones can be cut off in time. I really wish the best for you

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

On your one post your humidity and temp seemed good enough. I think you might be placing too much blame of the plant symptoms on humidity and temp, when it could be something else like "hot" soil, nutes, watering schedule. Not trying to argue, just my opinion.

I never worry that much about humidity when they are that small. Maybe I'm lucky, but I have vegged in much worse vpd, and they made it though fine. I worry more about RH in flower.

If they are taller that's great! The leaves won't heal overnight. If everything is good now new leaves will come and the bad ones can be cut off in time. I really wish the best for you
Thanks. I appreciate the help and support. If I knew what I was doing I might argue, but I don't, so I won't. I'll keep going. They should get stronger as they get older. For now, it seems the best bet is to keep working toward doing the best I can.

I just wish I knew why they look so sickly. FF Happy Frog shouldn't be too hot. It should need fertilizer added. Controlling the heater and humidifier with the Inkbird controllers should help.

One thing I think I learned from my previous grow is that the weather matters. It has been very dry here until today. Today, it looks like the rainy season has begun, so I turned off the humidifier. Changing weather, I think, is one of the best reasons to have controllers. They can respond to changing conditions much better than I can.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Thanks. I appreciate the help and support. If I knew what I was doing I might argue, but I don't, so I won't. I'll keep going. They should get stronger as they get older. For now, it seems the best bet is to keep working toward doing the best I can.

I just wish I knew why they look so sickly. FF Happy Frog shouldn't be too hot. It should need fertilizer added. Controlling the heater and humidifier with the Inkbird controllers should help.

One thing I think I learned from my previous grow is that the weather matters. It has been very dry here until today. Today, it looks like the rainy season has begun, so I turned off the humidifier. Changing weather, I think, is one of the best reasons to have controllers. They can respond to changing conditions much better than I can.
Yeah, controllers are great. I finally got a lot more control on my environment when I started exhausting outside and was finally able to use a controller because it doesn't need to be on 24/7 anymore.

You have awesome humidity from that one picture of the ac infinity app, that's why I don't get what's going on with your grow, other than they might be very hungry.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i tried to tell them that i have grown the exact same strain in fox farm soil using fox farm nutrients but my exp does not matter

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Yeah, controllers are great. I finally got a lot more control on my environment when I started exhausting outside and was finally able to use a controller because it doesn't need to be on 24/7 anymore.

You have awesome humidity from that one picture of the ac infinity app, that's why I don't get what's going on with your grow, other than they might be very hungry.
seems like a few of us has suggested to feed

Latest posts

Top Bottom