Grow #2 - Indoor hydro tent

• Thread starter Nate_in_AK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
White Widow (fem, photo) from Seedsman.
Yea, I read back and seen that. I've not grown a lot of WW (I've got 4 currently gowing) in the past, but they look like what i call a "creeper" type, (don't know for sure) they tend to do weird things. My big kush does it, and lots of the most potent strains seem to have this gene. They do really strange things when they get huge. Not your typical "Christmas tree" look.

Top 10 Craziest Cannabis Mutations creeper
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Blueberry making her comback!!

White Widow is taking off like a ROCKET!!

White's PPM dropped from 600 to 300 in 24 hours. pH was stable, water dropped a bit, as always. I bumped her PPM up to 800. She has a very strong healthy-vegetation aroma right now (not like cannabis).

Another thread had me thinking about root rot, so I took some shots of my roots, and rinsed the roots with some tap-water + anti-fungal.
I use Growth Science Nutrients stuff, and it is kind of rust colored, I think/hope this is just inherited discoloration.

There is no slime.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
In the center is my little purple haze that I haven't given up on, it was "popped" on the same days as both plants on each side.

I don't know what good she'll be, because she's an auto, and she's way, way behind, but who knows. I'll keep her around for now.

What are those pots in the pic? They look thin. Something Im looking for.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Trimmed some of the mostly dead (they were crunchy) old leaves off Blueberry:

White Widow is a monster, she's chugging through nutrients and water:

Just finalized some family trip plans, and I'm going to have to leave these girls alone for 5 days / 4 nights. I picked up a 27 gallon black tote and plan to move them over prior to the trip; that should give them enough to eat/drink. Humidity is going to run low, but nothing I can do about that.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Blueberry growing at a fair pace, but looking awful scrawny... her PPM has been 350-500 range. I am tempted to bump it up, but will wait another day at least.

White Widow makes me smile every time I open the tent:

She seems to be gulping down the nutrients at an alarming rate, compared to my first grow. I added 10ml each of A/B/SS and she pulled the PPM back down to previous levels in 24 hours. If I have to keep feeding her this much I'm going to have to order more nutrients. (Not complaining as long as she delivers a nice crop).

Regarding that PPM feeding thing - I would love to validate if I'm understanding this correctly: If PPM drops 400 over 24 hours, that indicates approx. how much the plant ate. We would want to boost the PPM back up by at least 400, probably try 500 and keep a log, right?

The more you know. <NBC peacock rainbow graphic>

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Blueberry growing at a fair pace, but looking awful scrawny... her PPM has been 350-500 range. I am tempted to bump it up, but will wait another day at least.
View attachment 1025862

White Widow makes me smile every time I open the tent:
View attachment 1025864

She seems to be gulping down the nutrients at an alarming rate, compared to my first grow. I added 10ml each of A/B/SS and she pulled the PPM back down to previous levels in 24 hours. If I have to keep feeding her this much I'm going to have to order more nutrients. (Not complaining as long as she delivers a nice crop).

Regarding that PPM feeding thing - I would love to validate if I'm understanding this correctly: If PPM drops 400 over 24 hours, that indicates approx. how much the plant ate. We would want to boost the PPM back up by at least 400, probably try 500 and keep a log, right?

The more you know. <NBC peacock rainbow graphic>
Whats the starting ppm and ppm after 24 hrs?

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

And how much water was taken up?
About 1cm of bucket depth. It seems a little off to me, which is why I asked. PPM meter seems stable and readings from the other bucket seem consistent with I expected....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would calculate the nutrients required to raise your volume (prrox 3.5 gal) by 400ppm. Then add that amount of nutrients to the volume your adding back. If it like 0.5 gal it drank then add back would be 2800ppm. If it was a gal then 1400ppm. Also change the water wverytime you add back 3.5 gal.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

About 1cm of bucket depth. It seems a little off to me, which is why I asked. PPM meter seems stable and readings from the other bucket seem consistent with I expected....
Yeah sounds a bit much to me but I have no way to know. I can only go off the info you give.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

For reference, I boosted the PPM to 1150 just now. So the last three reading were 850 yesterday, 450 today. Added nutes to 1150.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Maybe I can achieve critical mass and trigger spontaneous super-flowering genetic mutations!

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Big drop (0.5+) in pH for both plants overnight. White got a big does of nutes yesterday, and pH changes sometimes follow, but I'm not sure why Blue changed. I'm glad I didn't adjust the nutes for Blue yesterday.

Blueberry, looking scary. I pulled the pH back up to 6.1 (it fell to 5.4). Looking over my logs, I suspect she might like a little higher pH than average.
If I don't see significant improvement this weekend, I think I will do a partial change in order to drop her PPM ( currently 450).

White Widow pulled her PPM down to 1150 from 900 and drank another cm of water. Her pH dropped only from 5.9 to 5.5, and I boosted her back up to 5.9 again.

If Blueberry doesn't pull her act together, I will be tempted to flip White Widow into flower before too long.

Top Bottom