Grow diary featuring my irrational obsession with Hawaiian strains

• Thread starter TerriR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I want the maui and the 98 aloha widow if these seeds are legit. And im going to try ace seeds malawi if i can as well. We used to get what they called black african ganja in the 80’s. I think that trippy shit was malawi.

We used to get all kinds of imported weed in the 80’s. And we were just kids.

In the parking lot in high school in jersey you could buy a joint of “brown” weed for a buck. Or go to one of the special weed dealers cars in the gym parking lot and get what they called hydro. Which was light green red haired seedless. Or whatever import was available. It was $10 a gram lol but it could be hawaiin or panama red or skunk or lambs bread or vietnamese chocolate thai. Thai stick from mexico too.

I just realized i had way better weed when i was 16 years old. But it cost as much as 35 years later.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

OK, I think we have our mission: to locate and grow some old school strains and report back on what we find so anybody else who is interested doesn’t have to do the leg work. I have that Maui Wowie, so I’ll do that one next.

Cool! Then you can send me samples.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

btw, Colombia is gearing up to produce many tons of cannabis for the Canadian market. Bet they aren’t growing old school strains for that either...but it only costs them 5 cents a gram so they’ll pretty much take the market. tell me I’m wrong...please

A grower from san diego said all the mexican weed is short flowering hybrids now so i assume for a cash crop they wont grow old stringy land race sativas.

TerriR

TerriR

A grower from san diego said all the mexican weed is short flowering hybrids now so i assume for a cash crop they wont grow old stringy land race sativas.
I think it’s all going that direction...I can see why. Shorter takes up less space and fast flowering gets more product faster. I believe there will always be a market for “craft cannabis”...small batch, maybe old strains if they can be found. I’ll pay more for that and for sun grown organic.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

My worry is genetic diversity, i grew some new labms bread it was nothing like it used to be, they did something to it, people out there who are growing the same single strain year after year old shool , culling the males, let a few females be polinated so you have seedtock for next year, my friend has grown that way year after year after year, the weeds not great beacuse he is not growing it properly, he never gets the full potential from the plants beacuse his weed allways has seeds, he gave me about a 100 seeds, i want to put them under lights to see what he really has, he does not smoke so in his eyes its more weight, but its probably 30 year old bagseed that he stabilized. But worh storeing properly. There will come a day when all srains are trademarked, and of couse big tobbacco and big pharma are going to want there hands in the pie, legalization is most definitely not what i thought it would be.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think it’s all going that direction...I can see why. Shorter takes up less space and fast flowering gets more product faster. I believe there will always be a market for “craft cannabis”...small batch, maybe old strains if they can be found. I’ll pay more for that and for sun grown organic.

Funny how the dispensary manages to charge more for flowers that were produced faster and easier. Sorry to say but new smokers are dumb. None of the new “elite” cuttings including gorilla glue 4 are anywhere near the quality of the parent plants. Just faster mostly. And maybe frostier on the leaves.

Then they get frustrated with the high prices and buy a $1000 lamp to grow their own short flowering indicas.

TerriR

TerriR

My worry is genetic diversity, i grew some new labms bread it was nothing like it used to be, they did something to it, people out there who are growing the same single strain year after year old shool , culling the males, let a few females be polinated so you have seedtock for next year, my friend has grown that way year after year after year, the weeds not great beacuse he is not growing it properly, he never gets the full potential from the plants beacuse his weed allways has seeds, he gave me about a 100 seeds, i want to put them under lights to see what he really has, he does not smoke so in his eyes its more weight, but its probably 30 year old bagseed that he stabilized. But worh storeing properly. There will come a day when all srains are trademarked, and of couse big tobbacco and big pharma are going to want there hands in the pie, legalization is most definitely not what i thought it would be.
Amen, bruthah! see that coming

TerriR

TerriR

Funny how the dispensary manages to charge more for flowers that were produced faster and easier. Sorry to say but new smokers are dumb. None of the new “elite” cuttings including gorilla glue 4 are anywhere near the quality of the parent plants. Just faster mostly. And maybe frostier on the leaves.

Then they get frustrated with the high prices and buy a $1000 lamp to grow their own short flowering indicas.
well I am not up to $1,000 yet...but ✋

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

My state has a medical program and i can ger a card in 5 seconds, i dont vape, smoke, shatter, wax, dab, butter, d line oil, and they dont sell hash! I only smoke flower and they want $50an 1/8, these scumbags are makeing a killing off the misery of other people, and i simply wont go there, if the state can get away with selling pure d line oil they have no business messing with me for a few plants for my own needs but they will.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My state has a medical program and i can ger a card in 5 seconds, i dont vape, smoke, shatter, wax, dab, butter, d line oil, and they dont sell hash! I only smoke flower and they want $50an 1/8, these scumbags are makeing a killing off the misery of other people, and i simply wont go there, if the state can get away with selling pure d line oil they have no business messing with me for a few plants for my own needs but they will.

Give it time. Eventually you can get their shitty weed for half that cause of competition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom