Grow diary featuring my irrational obsession with Hawaiian strains

• Thread starter TerriR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TerriR

TerriR

Are you PH'ing plain water or a nutrient mix?
I add calmag and a tiny amount of masterblend. I have well water with 8.0+ as normal pH. I also have an RO filter and have used that. I also tried with distilled water but I just suck at it...and the pen seems to jump all over...goes from a lot too high to a little too low...so I add more water and then it’s way too high again. dying here...

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I add calmag and a tiny amount of masterblend. I have well water with 8.0+ as normal pH. I also have an RO filter and have used that. I also tried with distilled water but I just suck at it...and the pen seems to jump all over...goes from a lot too high to a little too low...so I add more water and then it’s way too high again. dying here...
So you are not adding any more nutrients to the water before you use it. Really tough to ph ro water with just a little calmag.

TerriR

TerriR

So you are not adding any more nutrients to the water before you use it. Really tough to ph ro water with just a little calmag.
Masterblend is a nutrient. Should that alter the pH? Can you direct me to instructions? Seems simple but I am not finding it so. thanks!

TerriR

TerriR

Ok. Sounds like you are using to much ph up/down at one time. I keep my ph up/down in bottles that have a dropper type top on them. One drop in a gallon of nutrient water normally raises or lower it by about .2
bingo! I measured with a spoon. OK so I just mixed up a gallon of distilled with calmag and masterblend...i read that it should sit 24 hours before using so I will adjust the pH then...with drops not tsp. thank you!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Masterblend is a nutrient. Should that alter the pH? Can you direct me to instructions? Seems simple but I am not finding it so. thanks!
I've been using master blend for about 4 months, still getting used to it but if can I answer any questions I will

I think you're asking does it lower pH yes my pH is 8.9 & when I mix the master blend as directed it's 6.3

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

1 gallon recipe:

Screenshot 20190829 170014 Chrome

Hope this helps, if you have other questions I can only tell you how I'm using it but it's working very well for me

One last thing, you can mix the master blend and the magnesium sulfate together

but you can't mix the Cal nitrate with it

you have to dissolve the master blend and magnesium in water first

and then mix the appropriate amount of calcium nitrate into the solution last

Screenshot 20190829 170432 Chrome

Seraphine

Seraphine

For coco coir. My water pH is about 7.8 out of the tap. After I add my masterblend nutrients (veg and flower have different formulas) that’ll bring the bring the pH down to about 6.8-7.0. I then add anywhere from 2.5ml to 4ml of pH down to get my pH 5.8-6.2. I test with pH pen. It’s better to add a little at a time than add to much and have to fix it.

TerriR

TerriR

thanks everyone! so here is my plan...I just filled a gallon jug with ro...added 1/4 t tomato/veg mb, shook it til dissolved; added 1/8 t magnesium sulf, shook til dissolved; added 1/8 t calcium nitrate, shook til dissolved. This is for tomorrow so I will add 1/4 t calmag and then pH it before use. does that sound correct?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

thanks everyone! so here is my plan...I just filled a gallon jug with ro...added 1/4 t tomato/veg mb, shook it til dissolved; added 1/8 t magnesium sulf, shook til dissolved; added 1/8 t calcium nitrate, shook til dissolved. This is for tomorrow so I will add 1/4 t calmag and then pH it before use. does that sound correct?
I measure mine on my digital scale I don't know how much it is by the teaspoon?

But I have everything right here let me see if we can find out what a quarter teaspoon weighs

20190829 180647

1 level quarter teaspoon of masterblend is about 1 gram

Last edited:
TerriR

TerriR

hey @Seraphine! question for you: when these go to flower, do I just continue the 3 part MB? or is there some need for a bloom nutrient? they are in coco...my first time 🙂

Top Bottom