Grow diary mission impossible (low to medium budget lol)

• Thread starter BearWater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Def call Xfinity, I have thier gateway Xfi router/modem and connect up. There is a way I believe (if you turn off your gateway), then try to open up the app and it will take you to a page with the router IP info (at least this is how I used to do it, havent had to with new gateway). You can adjust channel that way (probably what you did anyways 😉)

That's all I could think of, or contact AC infinity, they're supposed to be good at customer communication
hahahaha! You’re too kind (and optimistic in my “computing abilities”) 😂 my wife is looking at for me : ) ill keep y’all up to date!

Disclaimer: this is by no means a complaint post on AC Infinity, this is my dumbass not knowing how my internet/Wi-Fi works. I plugged the controller into the fan and played around with it, its so cool i wasn’t even frustrated I couldn’t get my shit to work with it! It’ll be outstanding to have all that control!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I don’t think the room I start my seedlings in has ever been over 50% Rh! I just try and keep it in the 70s temp wise and slam the light to them. Seems to work OK! You’re looking good. Make sure you let them dry back good.
I also don’t increase my RH even early seedlings get an average 50%, clones get a dome until I see root nubs on all the stems then it’s removed from them too I just keep my lights high, power low (200-250ppfdat the tops) and temps 70-80 basically right on point with you @Oldchucky I’ve given up on the humidifiers I know once I hit 1 gallon pots that issue is over and I’ll be pulling the RH down.

I actually just posted pics a month ago or so of what the edges of my leaves look like when the RH drops

It’s basically like a watering timer for me, if my tent RH is averaging 47-50 I know my plants have enough water, once the RH drops to 45 or lower I start lifting pots usually the day it drops below 45 they have another 24 hours before the pots get light enough to water. After that 24 hours I know I’m fully dried back and to boot the plant tells me the RH is low

I took these pics as an example last month

If the edges return to normal after watering and RH coming back up most likely you have a separate issue (most commonly I’ve heard root zone issues) but if they flatten right back out, Low RH is the culprit

Maybe a bit unorthodox for some but it works for me 😁

Sorry for the rant, just giving my input and my reasoning 😁

IMG 1740
IMG 1739
Last edited:
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I also don’t increase my RH even early seedlings get an average 50%, clones get a dome until I see root nubs on all the stems then it’s removed from them too I just keep my lights high, power low (200-250ppfdat the tops) and temps 70-80 basically right on point with you @Oldchucky I’ve given up on the humidifiers I know once I hit 1 gallon pots that issue is over and I’ll be pulling the RH down.

I actually just posted pics a month ago or so of what the edges of my leaves look like 👍 nice the RH drops

It’s basically like a watering timer for me, if my tent RH is averaging 47-50 I know my plants have enough water, once the RH drops to 45 or lower I start lifting pots usually the day it drops below 45 they have another 24 hours before the pots get light enough to water. After that 24 hours I know I’m fully dried back and to boot the plant tells me the RH is low

I took these pics as an example last month

If the edges return to normal after watering and RH coming back up most likely you have a separate issue (most commonly I’ve heard root zone issues) but if they flatten right back out, Low RH is the culprit

Maybe a bit unorthodox for some but it works for me 😁

Sorry for the rant, just giving my input and my reasoning 😁
This is the perfect place to rant! It’s all welcome! Good experiences and information! Thanks for sharing!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
UPDATE ON WI-FI: my wife really hates me now but got it all straightened out! What a lovely smart lady she is! Again, I know just enough to fuck shit up or spend money on stuff I really didn’t need because I thought I did 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I was able to use this weekend to finish a little more on the room ( taping seams) and the rubber grommet thing for the exhaust/charcoal filter came today so the filter is now on the fan.
IMG 5451
I’m hoping to acquire my soil for the final transplant into smart pots but will only be up potting to roughly a gallon or so until then ( exciting!). The mix is a “growers special” from the soil place, so we’ll see what exactly I do and don’t do to it. I’ll have questions for you all when I get there.
IMG 5452

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Good morning everyone! Last night (which I forgot to mention in my last post) the plants got put on their veg cycle! 18/6, and ill have to get my little heater going again as that rooms temp dropped like a sack of rocks in the river. OR! Can i just turn the exhaust fan off for SIX HOURS to keep the heat in?

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Hey all. So I went back to 24hour light cycle due to heat loss. I do have a heater but it sketches me out to use it. Im looking into an oil type heater instead. But until then lights are on and the temp is 76-75f. At what point will I start stressing the plants out with that much light? (How much longer do I have?)

2Water

2Water

Hey all. So I went back to 24hour light cycle due to heat loss. I do have a heater but it sketches me out to use it. Im looking into an oil type heater instead. But until then lights are on and the temp is 76-75f. At what point will I start stressing the plants out with that much light? (How much longer do I have?)
You can download the photone app, switch to dli reading, enter in for 24hrs of light and it will give you a reading. You can take thst to any dli chart you want and start from there, then just read the plants.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Big day! Got my soil from the the “worm farm” along with a few bags of perlite. Ill be mixing soil and perlite in a smaller container to get the up potting going this afternoon. Along with getting a plug replaced that will allow me to confidently run a small heater during lights off to maintain a better room heat for the babes. Pics to fallow.

@2Water thanks again for the DLI guidance. Im pretty sure those plants are getting WAAAY more light than they can utilize so ill be adjusting that also. (Needed to purchase the LED full spectrum on the Photon APP to get an accurate reading) doing that later today. The numbers I got last night were way high though.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Good morning y’all! I was able to get the 5 funzies into 1 gallon bags last night, they were way over due for that! The roots looked good (not great) but they weren’t smoked or gross looking at all. The rest are going into the bags today at some point. the lights got turned back onto the 18/6 schedule and the little heater that could, did! The grow space low was 65f (not ideal but ill take it). I had it turned down as to not over heat the room, im thinking I can turn it up a bit to maintain at least a 70ish temp.

I was able to purchase the LED setting for the photon app and get an accurate reading for the DLI. I had mentioned above the numbers I was getting prior to having the LED setting were crazy high and didn’t seem right ( in the thousands lol) the new reading is around 51 and that would be with the light SITTING ON THE PLANT.

I’ve got plans on venting the exhaust to the outside of the shed as now it just exhausts into the lung room which is not completely sealed off. I like the buffer the lung room makes for inlet air but need it to not be so warm and recycled air.

Also im strongly considering doing a clone test for females, I read a little bit on that and doesnt seem like to much effort to avoid prolong care of male plants. Im sure im missing something and will be back before noon to update it hahaha.
0229F29A BB5A 48FF 8190 FD6E721C19CD
35D2A26F EEAB 4A45 B7C5 6F1D606A80A4
0F5424FA 9278 49BE B957 B366F4C38FBA
6D91774F 022A 4886 8365 DA9C05217279
1BC4D50C C5E7 43BF 99F3 6058E79F65D3

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
So yesterday was a wash as far as getting plants up potted. I did make it to a lowes and got some ducting to route hot exhaust out of the shed directly and to intake cool/cold air from outside directly. Got half done with that project and had to come in for the night. I have three kids which two of them were on a winter break so my shed time was very constricted, I’m “retired” but my wife still grinds for the man so her schedule is really my schedule (and that shit is not consistent), just life : ) with that said ill probably be able to finish the exhaust project over today as it NEEDS to happen, grow space hit 85f yesterday (to hot I think?). And maybe ill get a little up potting done, who knows. Definitely going to enjoy some Saturday morning cartoons hahaha. Oh and I built a watering bucket for the littles as I dont have water to the shed yet and dont want to bring a hose in there just yet(going to lay some plastic drip catch down). It’s goofy I know, but im a goofy guy and LOVE building shit, like really love it hahaha.
B29532CD 2613 46A2 B873 905EC826C7CB
58490B42 CC3A 4735 977A 2C3B9B34E1A2

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Hey all I got a question for you exhaust/intake gurus! Im fighting the day time temps even though I just routed the exhaust to outside the shed and the intake is sitting in a windowsill with a plastic trash bag covering the window (i feel this is adequate intake from outside air but im holding temps at around 80f and that’s after upping the time of the fans coming on to 10 minutes every 20 minutes. Im waiting on a reply for a small window AC unit, if it does happen it wont be for a another few days at the very minimum. I feel like im missing an obvious solution (“duh dude just run the fan more”) if that’s it then call me knob and ill make the change 😂 thanks everyone!

EDIT: literally posted this and started thinking about the trash bag over the intake and window. I’m going to tape that thing completely up to insure its sealed and only in taking air from the outside of the window. I will update with any improvements after tapping. Thanks again!

Newty

Newty

I was able to use this weekend to finish a little more on the room ( taping seams) and the rubber grommet thing for the exhaust/charcoal filter came today so the filter is now on the fan. View attachment 2123587
Why did you need the rubber boot? Is it a reducing fitting because the fan and filter are different size? Is it an AC Infinity filter? Just wondering because my AC Infinity filter fit directly on my AC Infinity fan without needing the rubber boot.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Why did you need the rubber boot?
I honestly dont remember the actual reason! This doesnt make sense now that I think about it ( I wanted a “quick connect for filter cleanings and replacements”) and also i think it was because my tolerances were too small and the fan was like 1/2’ off from lining up? But the fan and filter are the same size per all the recommendations I received here. Oh and it made it a little quieter… maybe hahaha. It made sense when i was high as shit out there working on it 😂 Sorry that was such a jumbled mess of a response.

Newty

Newty

I honestly dont remember the actual reason! This doesnt make sense now that I think about it ( I wanted a “quick connect for filter cleanings and replacements”) and also i think it was because my tolerances were too small and the fan was like 1/2’ off from lining up? But the fan and filter are the same size per all the recommendations I received here. Oh and it made it a little quieter… maybe hahaha. It made sense when i was high as shit out there working on it 😂 Sorry that was such a jumbled mess of a response.
I was just asking, I know they sell them for a reason and lots of people use them.

I'm use to clamping the connections and using HVAC tape over the connections but thinking about it, the rubber boot would make changing out filters definitely quicker since I use tape on mine. Maybe the next time I change my filter, I'll buy the rubber boot to put on instead. It will at least save me money on HVAC tape!

Top Bottom