Grow diary mission impossible (low to medium budget lol)

• Thread starter BearWater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I made one of these not too long ago as well lol

Just one question, I see you have the 4x corners of your light all clipped back to one ratchet and that one hanging from the ceiling, I’d suggest making 4x mounting points in your roof etc and individually run those straps vertically, I’ve had a few different ratchets fail on me completely, and a few just slipped over time (even the metal geared ones)

Don’t wanna freak your out over it, just that if one of those breaks that’s the end of the grow, cus it’s gunna come straight down on those fragile plants… let alone a damaged light…

Just my 2 cents, wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I saw that, then in a month or 2 see devastation when a strap breaks

But I deter, setup is sick fam 😁👊👊
I have had that thought! You should have seen me lifting and lowering that light before the single cam. It was ridiculous. I have put my full faith in those clips which I think I’m going to take some back and add another one. Good lookin out! Thanks mikedin!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Just for you @Mikedin ; ) but seriously thank you for speaking up! I added four redundant clips on their own eyelets (the ones I used prior to the single) and they are looped around the frame of the light. Thanks again!
395EB1AD 7BD3 4A67 9D17 9054C1B20497
BAEC51B2 6D79 4463 A2D2 E6510EF1F4F5

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Just for you @Mikedin ; ) but seriously thank you for speaking up! I added four redundant clips on their own eyelets (the ones I used prior to the single) and they are looped around the frame of the light. Thanks again!View attachment 2128309View attachment 2128310
Anytime! You have a nice setup for sure! I know for sure as lightweight as lights are now they still have a little heft to em lol, I know mine do even with the drivers detached I think we all put a little too much faith in them because for the most part they work great and hold their rated weight as intended, but at least now if 1 breaks or slips it won’t be an issue the light should stay fairly level and you’ll catch it next time you open the tent before any damage is done

And I always hate when my lights aren’t sittin square in my tents, pet peeve 🤣

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Anytime! You have a nice setup for sure! I know for sure as lightweight as lights are now they still have a little heft to em lol, I know mine do even with the drivers detached I think we all put a little too much faith in them because for the most part they work great and hold their rated weight as intended, but at least now if 1 breaks or slips it won’t be an issue the light should stay fairly level and you’ll catch it next time you open the tent before any damage is done

And I always hate when my lights aren’t sittin square in my tents, pet peeve 🤣
thank you very much! That means a lot! My light was not square for one day until I got that bucket in there hahaha! Now I can move it out and have some more leg room.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I'm the same exact way! Everytime I raise my lights or if I accidentally bump them even a little, my tape measure is out!
I cant wait to get a real light in there so I can just hard mount it to the ceiling and crank that bitch up to 100%!! : )

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
It’s snowing at my place🙄 I have been fighting the grow space temps for the last few days. Staying positive as I know its not the best insulated and my heater is less than ideal for the application I’m using for (it is my saving grace though at this point and am very glad I have it). Was going to water today, but I really dont feel like going out there in the snow and messing around (tomorrow for sure).

Im getting ready to feed the plants and got a air pump and some stones for brewing a feeding tea(ordered and in transit) Just need to time it correctly so im not “overwatering” the plants. The Banana Garlics still have curl to the Leafs, I have been slowly raising the lights but dont want to pull them too far away as the XX’s and Raskals are still needing a lower light( might make a raiser thing for their plant bins, no they wont end up on the floor like in my profile picture😂 itll be more permanently temporary than that set-up hahaha!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I feel it. I still think I could fuck up fast. Not much confidence in my game yet.
I know I'm amateur status.
I’m feeling this 100%! The only thing im feeling good about now is having a decent soil. I think checking in here often with some pic is a help in easing the anxiety of fuckin up.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I try to just leave em alone
This is the only thing I know how to do with them! I check on them a few times during the day and constantly check the temp for just in case scenarios. The little bit I do to them is the only reason they are doing ok haha. That I learned up on the hill : )

Dadman86

Dadman86

This is the only thing I know how to do with them! I check on them a few times during the day and constantly check the temp for just in case scenarios. The little bit I do to them is the only reason they are doing ok haha. That I learned up on the hill : )
I think water and dry back are what has helped me the most. I used to run to my grow area 50 times a day. I just know there doing there thing now. I'm not really needed for them to grow.

Newty

Newty

I’ve seen a couple of ants scouting around inside! They get the squish! : )
Lol yeah, get rid of them however you can. If you do more thorough scans while you're in there, you will feel better about not checking on them to much.

I've been growing for a bit now and I've yet to have any issues with mold, fungus, bugs, or anything and I think a major contributing factor is I stay out of the tent. Don't get me wrong, I've killed a few plants but it was my stupidity that did it lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom