Grow Journal - A Noobie Diary.

• Thread starter iTurniGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
They've really filled out the tent nicely I"m so glad to be rid of nutrient regimes for the most part at this point in the game. I'm really diggin this super-soil method TBH, I know I need to tweak it a bit and it will take a few times, but I think it can make it really rock.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

They've really filled out the tent nicely I"m so glad to be rid of nutrient regimes for the most part at this point in the game. I'm really diggin this super-soil method TBH, I know I need to tweak it a bit and it will take a few times, but I think it can make it really rock.

What's the super soil method Âż heres picture updates . Tonight we water them with 600ppm of biobloom:)

Snapchat 227499810
Snapchat 1155122900
Snapchat 1136744797
Snapchat 1042003711
Snapchat 1353668720
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
super soil is making up a batch with all sorts of amendments. I also recycle my soil and use it over again and again, trying to maximize it's microbial count, and density, using it as a "spawn" to promote other beneficial microorganisms.

• WORM CASTINGS. With minimal effort and expense, a worm farm can provide an unlimited source of worm castings for your garden. ...
  • CRUSTACEAN MEAL. ...
  • FOSSILIZED BAT GUANO. ...
  • BONE MEAL. ...
  • BLOOD MEAL. ....
  • ROCK DUST. ...(azomite)
  • KELP MEAL.
  • Dolomite Lime
  • WOOD ASH
  • MYCORRHIZAL FUNGI
  • MULCH
  • Humic Acids
  • Amino Acids
  • Fluvic Acids
  • UREA
  • Non Composted Leaves
  • Triple Super Phospate
  • Epsom Salt
  • calcium carbonate

Last edited:
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

super soil is making up a batch with all sorts of amendments. I also recycle my soil and use it over again and again, trying to maximize it's microbial count, and density, using it as a "spawn" to promote other beneficial microorganisms.

• WORM CASTINGS. With minimal effort and expense, a worm farm can provide an unlimited source of worm castings for your garden. ...
  • CRUSTACEAN MEAL. ...
  • FOSSILIZED BAT GUANO. ...
  • BONE MEAL. ...
  • BLOOD MEAL. ....
  • ROCK DUST. ...(azomite)
  • KELP MEAL.
  • Dolomite Lime
  • WOOD ASH
  • MYCORRHIZAL FUNGI
  • MULCH
  • Humic Acids
  • Amino Acids
  • Fluvic Acids
  • UREA
  • Non Composted Leaves
  • Triple Super Phospate
  • Epsom Salt
  • calcium carbonate

Sounds mental, is it cost effective and does it work better than the stuff we buy?I'm completely clueless lol.
Sure sounds like you got it down to a T

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Some of the leaves are turning yellow ? Mainly fan leaves .. they were really dry.. we didn't have biobloom so had to give them biogrow again until the bloom arrives. Some pictures..

Not even sure if it's noticeable on pics but they're really light yellow

Snapchat 2127093291
Snapchat 751366694
Snapchat 1340478694
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
yea, might be magnesium/calcium or maybe a potassium thing going on here, lets see what others say first. I'm thinking mag tbh, although it's been insidious this whole time, it's just kinda become more pronounced.

What's your run-off ph, how many ppm you been hitting them with? the overall nutrition looks right, so it must be either a mag thing, or a ph issue is my guess.

Last edited:
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

yea, might be magnesium/calcium or maybe a potassium thing going on here, lets see what others say first. I'm thinking mag tbh, although it's been insidious this whole time, it's just kinda become more pronounced.

What's your run-off ph, how many ppm you been hitting them with? the overall nutrition looks right, so it must be either a mag thing, or a ph issue is my guess.

I'm waiting to see if they recover in color after watering :p 600ppm of biogrow. The run off ppm varies per plant but roughly 600 to 900ish and the PH run off is also between 5.8 to 6.2 . Last few checks have been in the 6.2s

I'll have to start taking notes from now on

FourthCity

FourthCity

Some of the leaves are turning yellow ? Mainly fan leaves .. they were really dry.. we didn't have biobloom so had to give them biogrow again until the bloom arrives. Some pictures..

Not even sure if it's noticeable on pics but they're really light yellow
They look just a tad hungry. Not a bad thing unless they start getting a lot more yellow, you could probably up the feed to 700ppm and get some of the color back but you don't want them to get too dark green either.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

They look just a tad hungry. Not a bad thing unless they start getting a lot more yellow, you could probably up the feed to 700ppm and get some of the color back but you don't want them to get too dark green either.

Yeah I'm gonna check them tonight and have a wee look n see if the color is improving, got biobizz biobloom coming tomorrow for next feed
For some reason you cant see them going yellow in the pictures but they are lol, I'll try get better photos

FourthCity

FourthCity

Yeah I'm gonna check them tonight and have a wee look n see if the color is improving, got biobizz biobloom coming tomorrow for next feed
For some reason you cant see them going yellow in the pictures but they are lol, I'll try get better photos
Its probably just the color balancing on your phone camera.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Its probably just the color balancing on your phone camera.

More than likely .. they are all standing upright growing still .. Too early to tell but they still look amazing I'll just see how it progresses

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey I turn, try a teaspoon of Epsom salt in a gallon of water for the yellowing ......

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you bud, new issue popped up. We're gonna be feeding them bloom today .. Lack of pÂż
Not to much of an issue thats anthocyanins. Once you lower the nitrogen there is less photosynthesis in some leaves. Add to that some genetics produce more than others and if you lower temps to around 70 can be even nore pronounced. I do this last week or so of my grows to being out the colors. Anthocyanin is not present where chlorophyll is. Some strains produce it more in the buds and other the leaves. These will be purple, blue, red etc. Not an issue to see these colors but you may want to keep an eye on your nitrogen if they start yo yellow to much.

He is an example of this grow i just finished these plants. The purple is so dark its almost black. The leaves started out much like that just intervienal light purplish.

20200905 173200
BigFrostyNugs

BigFrostyNugs

Not to much of an issue thats anthocyanins. Once you lower the nitrogen there is less photosynthesis in some leaves. Add to that some genetics produce more than others and if you lower temps to around 70 can be even nore pronounced. I do this last week or so of my grows to being out the colors. Anthocyanin is not present where chlorophyll is. Some strains produce it more in the buds and other the leaves. These will be purple, blue, red etc. Not an issue to see these colors but you may want to keep an eye on your nitrogen if they start yo yellow to much.

He is an example of this grow i just finished these plants. The purple is so dark its almost black. The leaves started out much like that just intervienal light purplish.
Well that's them been fed again still looking good. all got fed between 600 and (800ppm for the biggest one) they are about 3 weeks 2 days into flower now.

IMG 20200911 002108
IMG 20200911 000510
IMG 20200911 000114
IMG 20200910 235958
IMG 20200910 235954
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Thank you aqua. They were all fed 600 to 700 ppm. Run off was all 6.4. Biobloom. Here's pictures

Snapchat 212363129
Snapchat 1498069967
Snapchat 362655488
Snapchat 1939630452
Snapchat 1378093189
Snapchat 1771289813
Snapchat 633188758
Snapchat 682618563
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah pretty normal for some older leaves to start doing this after about 60 days the plants will shed them. Also reduced nitrogen when we switch to bloom nutes.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Yeah pretty normal for some older leaves to start doing this after about 60 days the plants will shed them. Also reduced nitrogen when we switch to bloom nutes.

Thank you bud -).didn't even realise my friend posted a small speech. Pretty much said the same thing twice lol, joys of being on mobile

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Just some random photos .. can't tell if the yellowing has stopped or not.. Just took some overall pictures if anyone wants to weigh in on there health..

The ppm and ph notes are muddled up. The bottom parts are the latest.. Just watered with water only today and that was the run off.

P.s what nutrients does everyone use for flowering stage? It's like ÂŁ12 a pop every feed right now since 1L does one feed

Snapchat 2120009248
Snapchat 661246873
Snapchat 101093982
Snapchat 994604248
Snapchat 638440419
Snapchat 198315526
Snapchat 1481643765
Snapchat 1813931298
Snapchat 1254880780
Snapchat 348135811
Snapchat 1808460917
Snapchat 1698993677