Grow Journal - A Noobie Diary.

• Thread starter iTurniGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Well biggest two in width were slightly damp but all have been watered again.

Driest 4 got 2L
slightly damp got 1.5L and biggest one got 1L.

All seem to be doing okay.
When will they be ready to top ¿.

Snapchat 2046756365
Snapchat 486882803
Snapchat 2109572118
Snapchat 2095134940
Snapchat 398725278
Snapchat 1955811197
Snapchat 73933091
Snapchat 2000424478
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

They look like they are on their 3rd or 4th node. I generally wait until about 6-8 nodes. I know other people might top earlier, I have a seven foot tent so I can afford to let them grow quite tall.
If I were you with these plants I would wait a bit longer.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
They look like they are on their 3rd or 4th node. I generally wait until about 6-8 nodes. I know other people might top earlier, I have a seven foot tent so I can afford to let them grow quite tall.
If I were you with these plants I would wait a bit longer.

Yea, I agree they look like they are doing fine. I would wait a bit also. Personally, I'm not very big on topping anymore as I've moved to autos, but I did used to do it a bit when I do some of the bubba kush I have, as it grows fast and tall, and the cola's get very big. Topping should be relevant to the strain IMO, so take that into consideration. I tend to do things later, but earlier is good for getting everything exact. IMO it's better to bend, than to pinch. That way your opening an area to develop more budding, but your also still retaining the growth from the top that's displaced. (just moved it over some). Perhaps, this is the time to take a bit from the tip of it. If I do any removal, I do most of it at the end. (right before flowering).

But if you really want to get it spread out, you need to get an early start. and do it sequentially over several episodes, or layers. Some of what I've seen is simply amazing. Also training ie.(tying or pinning things) works really well.

While in the veg mode, you can still bend a plant. Once it goes to flower, it will snap if you try it, so don't. But if you smoosh, or smash the stem, with your finger and thumb, and follow that down the stem line of the plant for approx a few cm (depending on diameter) you will make it soft enough to bend it. Don't worry if it looks "kinked" it will repair itself, I've done ones over 90 degrees that turned out excellent. Tie or stake it in place, and it will heal over the coming days and develop an even thicker skin in that area.

With something like those, I would bend them one way, and them tie them back in the other direction. That's just one idea, but a simple one. You've got very limited room like me, so there's only so much you can do actually,, and those things are going to get a lot bigger.

Supercropping 1024x766
Supercropping photo bees gardens co Ed Rosenthal 3
Bending cannabis branch for supercropping ed rosenthal
Supercropping photo bees gardens co Ed Rosenthal 2
Last edited:
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Yea, I agree they look like they are doing fine. I would wait a bit also. Personally, I'm not very big on topping anymore as I've moved to autos, but I did used to do it a bit when I do some of the bubba kush I have, as it grows fast and tall, and the cola's get very big. Topping should be relevant to the strain IMO, so take that into consideration. I tend to do things later, but earlier is good for getting everything exact. IMO it's better to bend, than to pinch. That way your opening an area to develop more budding, but your also still retaining the growth from the top that's displaced. (just moved it over some). Perhaps, this is the time to take a bit from the tip of it. If I do any removal, I do most of it at the end. (right before flowering).

But if you really want to get it spread out, you need to get an early start. and do it sequentially over several episodes, or layers. Some of what I've seen is simply amazing. Also training ie.(tying or pinning things) works really well.

While in the veg mode, you can still bend a plant. Once it goes to flower, it will snap if you try it, so don't. But if you smoosh, or smash the stem, with your finger and thumb, and follow that down the stem line of the plant for approx a few cm (depending on diameter) you will make it soft enough to bend it. Don't worry if it looks "kinked" it will repair itself, I've done ones over 90 degrees that turned out excellent. Tie or stake it in place, and it will heal over the coming days and develop an even thicker skin in that area.

With something like those, I would bend them one way, and them tie them back in the other direction. That's just one idea, but a simple one. You've got very limited room like me, so there's only so much you can do actually,, and those things are going to get a lot bigger.

Ah thought my reply sent, thanks I'll definitely look into doing that
Theres 5 White Widows and 1 Critical
I have alot to learn by the looks of it lol, better get reading.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea, now there on the right track with the new pots and a little growth, there going to blow up fast man, (your roots have responded too the added volume) Best move ever moving them out of those puny cups. I see it everyday in my grows also. Personally, I woudn't do anything as far as topping, if anything, do a simple little top and that's it. Your really room restricted there, so you want vertical growth as much as possible, IMO anyhow.

I did tiny tops on 3 of my auto's just to check how they responded to it, but mine are just slightly ahead of you. I think mine are in 1 gallon pots, so the size is very similar by the looks of it.

Start thinking about how long you want them to go, (mine are just starting to flower) because there going to double or triple in size once you throw the switch and put them into flower. You probably need to start thinking about that, and don't wait too long, or your room will be too small.

IMG 20200805 162854629   Copy
Last edited:
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Yea, now there on the right track with the new pots and a little growth, there going to blow up fast man, (your roots have responded too the added volume) Best move ever moving them out of those puny cups. I see it everyday in my grows also. Personally, I woudn't do anything as far as topping, if anything, do a simple little top and that's it. Your really room restricted there, so you want vertical growth as much as possible, IMO anyhow.

I did tiny tops on 3 of my auto's just to check how they responded to it, but mine are just slightly ahead of you. I think mine are in 1 gallon pots, so the size is very similar by the looks of it.

Start thinking about how long you want them to go, (mine are just starting to flower) because there going to double or triple in size once you throw the switch and put them into flower. You probably need to start thinking about that, and don't wait too long, or your room will be too small.

Thank you bud my friend says..

'I've read it good info again but I don't think he realises the actual size of plants and or our tent we have more space than he thinks and his are tiny in flower because his are autos... We're going to be bending stuff back down so will lower hight and spread everything out trust me we going for alot of buds not just 1 or 2 on top

And it does grow again for the first 2 weeks of flip then it's stretch stops as long as we have everything at same hight with enough room to keep lights efficient then wee good'

Tent size is 120x120x200, it's our first grow so we appreciate all th help.:p

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Thank you bud my friend says..

'I've read it good info again but I don't think he realises the actual size of plants and or our tent we have more space than he thinks and his are tiny in flower because his are autos... We're going to be bending stuff back down so will lower hight and spread everything out trust me we going for alot of buds not just 1 or 2 on top

And it does grow again for the first 2 weeks of flip then it's stretch stops as long as we have everything at same hight with enough room to keep lights efficient then wee good'

Tent size is 120x120x200, it's our first grow so we appreciate all th help.:p

Yea, I didn't know if you've got more room to expand or not. I've got some big 6 footers right now with all sorts of potential bud sites on the top, and what I've done in the past is exactly that, bend them over and let them flower, then you'll have a massive crop. Creating pure darkness is an issue for me here, but you've got the tent.

I'm thinking I'm going to take that room apart, and put those bigger ones in there, and possibly move my auto's out here in the living room, just got to get them high enough that the cat can't get to them. Room is always the biggest issue for me, since were doing this in 800 sq foot of living space.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Yeah I seen that XD massive:p. Yeah room will be an issue in th tent too I think, but we'll manage somehow I think, what made you do autos¿ easier to manage and because of room?¿

cruzin

cruzin

When you train your plants like you have done and they look great, how many weeks are you vegging?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yeah I seen that XD massive:p. Yeah room will be an issue in th tent too I think, but we'll manage somehow I think, what made you do autos¿ easier to manage and because of room?¿
Yes, very much so, taking away the 12/12 requirements means I can grow outside my little room there, that's the only place it was possible to flower in the past, now it can be done anywhere in the open.

It's also why I'm so interested in breeding the strain, because if I can manage to do it well enough, I can probably start growing everything outside in small, short "stealth" grows starting in March, April and harvest them in July or Aug with little to no work involved. The rain season here is very long, and starts early, so photoperiods take until end of sept, early oct to finish and often end up with mold problems. But the early rain is a plus, because during the veg it will self grow, only needs to be setup proper, and let alone. (which is a big plus, not having to constantly go to the site an draw attention to it),

The sun here in June/July is like sometimes 16-18 hours daylight in those months, so if flower can be during those times, the results will be excellent.
I'll have some pics of the few plants we put out this year, (in coming week) but next is going to be bigger, since I've got several thousand autoflowering seeds now... These autoflowers are so much thicker and resinous than anything I've grown outdoor in prior years. They're virtually right in line with some of the indoor grown stuff, from the looks so far. (and ready to harvest)

Meanwhile the photo's we've got out are only in the first week of flower so far.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Yes, very much so, taking away the 12/12 requirements means I can grow outside my little room there, that's the only place it was possible to flower in the past, now it can be done anywhere in the open.

It's also why I'm so interested in breeding the strain, because if I can manage to do it well enough, I can probably start growing everything outside in small, short "stealth" grows starting in March, April and harvest them in July or Aug with little to no work involved. The rain season here is very long, and starts early, so photoperiods take until end of sept, early oct to finish and often end up with mold problems. But the early rain is a plus, because during the veg it will self grow, only needs to be setup proper, and let alone. (which is a big plus, not having to constantly go to the site an draw attention to it),

The sun here in June/July is like sometimes 16-18 hours daylight in those months, so if flower can be during those times, the results will be excellent.
I'll have some pics of the few plants we put out this year, (in coming week) but next is going to be bigger, since I've got several thousand autoflowering seeds now... These autoflowers are so much thicker and resinous than anything I've grown outdoor in prior years. They're virtually right in line with some of the indoor grown stuff, from the looks so far. (and ready to harvest)

Meanwhile the photo's we've got out are only in the first week of flower so far.

Sorry bud not been on recently. Little to no work sounds like a plan lol... I can't wait to see the photos XD Just went and checked on them today .. photos are as follows. One has light green on a leaf¿ idk what it is. Turned down th lights slightly. How would you maximize there potential?

Snapchat 920694505
Snapchat 938508864
Snapchat 1769373634
Snapchat 1015691127
Snapchat 865977114
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Sorry bud not been on recently. Little to no work sounds like a plan lol... I can't wait to see the photos XD Just went and checked on them today .. photos are as follows. One has light green on a leaf¿ idk what it is. Turned down th lights slightly. How would you maximize there potential?

What kind of soil did you choose for the planting, and what amendments did you add (if any) to the mix? I think that's a relevant question to ask as to the lightening of the plant leaves.

Did you add anything into your soil mix, or is it simply an off the shelf type soil?

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Light mix by biobizz then moved upto all mix, they seem to have reacted fine. Just that one leaf. Everything else is fine on it:p. From what I seen . I'll have a closer look next time and I've added nothing at all

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
What kind of nutrient applications do you have access too?
Light mix by biobizz then moved upto all mix, they seem to have reacted fine. Just that one leaf. Everything else is fine on it:p. From what I seen . I'll have a closer look next time and I've added nothing at all

It looks like a immobile issue to me. (starting at the top)

I would maybe try a mild dose of humic in the roots or an even milder dose as a foliar spray. (if you have it available).

I've been experimenting on trying to find exceptional (organic) nutrients on the cheaper end of the spectrum, so that's why I've recently turned to GS organics. (and pure natural amendments), I spent $200 last night on nutrients. My future plans involve wider scale outdoor growing in it's natural soil, so I'm gearing up for next spring, seeing how well they work right now.

I've also got more potent and expensive types with my "extreme blends." Personally, I don't know how much more effective they are, but they certainly cost more. (they are also more concentrated).

Whatever you do, just go light, if anything at all. They still look fine to me, but I do see some lightening as you say, it's apparent. I'm interested in what aqua man has to say about this quite honestly.

If you do try humic, go very, very light on any foliars, as they are 8x to 40x more potent than root applications, although, I usually do both over a set time frame.

Benefits:
Increased Nutrient uptake (of your existing nutrients)
Decreased Toxins
Increased Water retention
Improved Microbial growth
Overall better soil structure.

81Ly3Vu Z6L AC SL1500
KRuFnY4 768x770
Last edited:
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Thank you bud I'll look into it and post before I buy anything. Yeah I'm also interested if aqua knows anything :p

@Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They look good bro. They could use a little more nutrients imo but just a bit more.

It could be some slight light bleeching from before you moved the lights up.

Do you have a light meter app by chance?

Latest posts

Top Bottom