Grow Journal - A Noobie Diary.

• Thread starter iTurniGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
crap, wrong post, my bad. Sorry guys, I must be wreked, I'm posting in the wrong thread.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Okay need some guidance .. pics are as follows :p.

Watering is happening tomorrow. They're light.

Also noticed some brown on one leaf ? Rest are fine

I'm really impressed with how the filled out, what are those lights your using? Your internodes look really good, but your still in veg and my (autos) have been flowering/stretching for a two weeks now, the difference is dramatic.

Yours looks like some of mine that are still early, and the 2 I've started spraying for feminized pollen, but thicker, much bigger fans.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
The first photo looks a lot like yours still, but some of the next photo's show it well. As the plant flowers, it goes from being tight internodes, to very branching, (depending on strain) it's pretty dramatic, quite like I've never noticed before. I did some mild pruning at most, but they are pretty natural for the most part.

Yours looks like an indica dominate like most of these.
The real difference is the size of your fan leaves, I wouldn't mess with those, not too many anyhow, and I would leave the really big ones, IMO

Spreading the bud sites out on those plants might work well, keeping them low and level, spread out, and pretty equal, should work well that that size pot. There are a few ways to go about that.

But photo's will recover, so it's relative, I think with the autos, trimming should be minimal.

IMG 20200814 024039   Copy

IMG 20200814 024020   Copy
IMG 20200814 024027   Copy
Last edited:
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

I'm really impressed with how the filled out, what are those lights your using? Your internodes look really good, but your still in veg and my (autos) have been flowering/stretching for a two weeks now, the difference is dramatic.

Yours looks like some of mine that are still early, and the 2 I've started spraying for feminized pollen, but thicker, much bigger fans.

So sorry bud I'm on pc now, heres the link to them
& yours looks nicely panned out while mine looks like a big bush lmao

I had Fourthcity another member on the forum help me pick them since I wasn't wanting to buy the worst ones lol =p.

The first photo looks a lot like yours still, but some of the next photo's show it well. As the plant flowers, it goes from being tight internodes, to very branching, (depending on strain) it's pretty dramatic, quite like I've never noticed before. I did some mild pruning at most, but they are pretty natural for the most part.

Yours looks like an indica dominate like most of these.
The real difference is the size of your fan leaves, I wouldn't mess with those, not too many anyhow, and I would leave the really big ones, IMO

Spreading the bud sites out on that plant might work well, that way there all low and level, and pretty equal, should work well that that size pot

But photo's will recover, so it's relative, I think with the autos, trimming should be minimal.

View attachment 1016097

Thank you bud I'll take note of what you said :) loving th pictures D: . I'll look into spreading the bud sites, just with LST or any other tips?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea, I like LST because your not losing growth, your simply diverting it. I'm interested in what Aqua has to say though. Ah, so (4) or (2) of them, it not entirely clear. I only see two drivers

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Yea, I like LST because your not losing growth, your simply diverting it. I'm interested in what Aqua has to say though. Ah, so (4) or (2) of them, it not entirely clear. I only see two drivers

I got 4
as in I bought 2 of them but they come as a pair?

2 onto 1 driver, hope that makes sense =p

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

Bump, anyones help ? :)
Plants look really beautiful.

Don't sweat the odd leaf that gets a little brown or off in color as diagnostically it alone doesn't point to anything systemic, just monitor. Along the same lines, as you go through flower you'll find that especially some lower leaves that are not getting much light might yellow, die, and fall off - providing your feeding is within the range the plant wants, this is just the plant self-pruning material that isn't contributing enough to continue sending resources, and no cause for alarm.

Also, the slightly lighter green on top is typical of fresh growth; it will darken a little as it matures, and, as @Aqua Man suggests, at most bump up the PPM just a little bit. I don't think their coloring has anything to do with too much light, in fact I think you could turn the lights up quite a bit more without any damage (personally, once plants get where yours are, I prefer to push the plans with light and if little hints of light stress appear, back off slightly).

Again, your plants look awesome, and I can't wait to see how they progress!

EDIT: Ha! And stop chewing your fingernails to a nub! Pics gave you away!

Last edited:
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Plants look really beautiful.

Don't sweat the odd leaf that gets a little brown or off in color as diagnostically it alone doesn't point to anything systemic, just monitor. Along the same lines, as you go through flower you'll find that especially some lower leaves that are not getting much light might yellow, die, and fall off - providing your feeding is within the range the plant wants, this is just the plant self-pruning material that isn't contributing enough to continue sending resources, and no cause for alarm.

Also, the slightly lighter green on top is typical of fresh growth; it will darken a little as it matures, and, as @Aqua Man suggests, at most bump up the PPM just a little bit. I don't think their coloring has anything to do with too much light, in fact I think you could turn the lights up quite a bit more without any damage (personally, once plants get where yours are, I prefer to push the plans with light and if little hints of light stress appear, back off slightly).

Again, your plants look awesome, and I can't wait to see how they progress!

EDIT: Ha! And stop chewing your fingernails to a nub! Pics gave you away!

Lmao cheers lad, first time and all, got Frank and Aqua so can't go wrong. I don't even know about the states I should be doing it in so I come here n get help lol. I feel like I'm either lucky or lucky. See so many people with problems and I feel like I'm sailing quite decently lol.

Tonight is watering time so I'll bump the ppm to 600 with the feed n water them 5L tonight. Hopefully get decent run off too. I'll stop chewing once the first grow is done XD

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

All got watered 5L with decentish run off. The faster your pour the more fun off you get:p. We just added enough biobizz grow until the ppm hit 550-600.

Run off ppm ranged from 700 to 1300.
PH was around 5.8 from run off. Same as always really.

We're gonna move the fan today . Set it elsewhere then add in the next rack in and have 2 2 2 as they're so close together right now.

May have to up the light intensity and the 2 forward and backwards will be getting less light, turning into monsters, just hope we fed them correctly.

@Aqua Man the next time we water we feed them again ?then the next feed after that it's just water ¿

We're also thinking of getting a net ? Thoughts on the best approach would be good

Snapchat 1836814907
FourthCity

FourthCity

All got watered 5L with decentish run off. The faster your pour the more fun off you get:p. We just added enough biobizz grow until the ppm hit 550-600.

Run off ppm ranged from 700 to 1300.
PH was around 5.8 from run off. Same as always really.

We're gonna move the fan today . Set it elsewhere then add in the next rack in and have 2 2 2 as they're so close together right now.

May have to up the light intensity and the 2 forward and backwards will be getting less light, turning into monsters, just hope we fed them correctly.

@Aqua Man the next time we water we feed them again ?then the next feed after that it's just water ¿

We're also thinking of getting a net ? Thoughts on the best approach would be good
Looking nice and getting big, I would switch to flower now if you havent already. My two cents on the net is your plants will fill out the tent enough at their size without one.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Looking nice and getting big, I would switch to flower now if you havent already. My two cents on the net is your plants will fill out the tent enough at their size without one.

Cheers bud, I'll look into flowering soon, I'll be moving the plants etc today so everyone will be able to see the space a bit better
Just worried about the lighting so I'll up them a little, I'll try keep below 45k though.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree with @FourthCity flower sooner than later. Yeah I would go another feed then water. Keeping an eye on the runoff ppm if it's close to what's going I. Like 200ppm higher or less can just keep feeding. I'm only doing my first soil grow so had to get used to this also but is kinda how I steer the feed in soil since you don't have absolute control like hydro.

Plants are looking great man.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea, I agree. They do look very impressive indeed. Wish my first grow looked so fine, would have saved a lot of time learning.

Just be careful going into flower here, as this is were it can get hairy and things can go south, so watch them closely the first weeks here, this is where the rubber meets the road, you want a good solid start.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

I agree with @FourthCity flower sooner than later. Yeah I would go another feed then water. Keeping an eye on the runoff ppm if it's close to what's going I. Like 200ppm higher or less can just keep feeding. I'm only doing my first soil grow so had to get used to this also but is kinda how I steer the feed in soil since you don't have absolute control like hydro.

Plants are looking great man.

Thanks bud I'll keep better track of each individual plant next time. As I'm clueless right now lol.

Yea, I agree. They do look very impressive indeed. Wish my first grow looked so fine, would have saved a lot of time learning.

Just be careful going into flower here, as this is were it can get hairy and things can go south, so watch them closely the first weeks here, this is where the rubber meets the road, you want a good solid start.

I understand, I'll try do my best lol.

Okay update .. moved plants ... only problem is the plants at the sides are only getting 6k lux.. centre is 40k and plants ontop at each side's are at like 7k..

I need to try get another two poles maybe and move the lights 2 and 2 inbetween the lines of the plants so 2 forward 2 backwards

Or should I just revert them back to squishy?

Also RH is a bit of a problem and can't afford a dehumidifier right now

Snapchat 1718615687
Snapchat 1527946406
Snapchat 407737671
Snapchat 2105522929
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks bud I'll keep better track of each individual plant next time. As I'm clueless right now lol.

I understand, I'll try do my best lol.

Okay update .. moved plants ... only problem is the plants at the sides are only getting 6k lux.. centre is 40k and plants ontop at each side's are at like 7k..

I need to try get another two poles maybe and move the lights 2 and 2 inbetween the lines of the plants so 2 forward 2 backwards

Or should I just revert them back to squishy?

Also RH is a bit of a problem and can't afford a dehumidifier right now
Judging from the plants I would not use the term clueless 😁

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Judging from the plants I would not use the term clueless 😁

Kind words lol. Would you also flower now?, I need to try do something about the humidity don't I¿

I'm worried about the light at the sides of the plants since the lux is so low. The centre two are okay though..

Top Bottom