Grow number two, making space

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Great job & inspiration Amy. I am on the "fence" about Coco growing, super soil seems so much easier. I've only grown outdoors. Anyhow, successful grow, thanks for the views and read.

I made the jump into Coco too... all my seedlings, veg, and some of my flowering plants are in it. Even the stuff I started in soil? Fuck it. Coco. Tons of reasons. 1) Mites in soil. )(*&(*%$. 2) More control over nutrient and ph working with a relatively neutral medium. 3) It's prettier and doesn't make the mess that soil does. 4) Easier to store. 5) I can auto water the shit. (OMFG WOOOT!) 6) Goes to #1... it's a lot easier to maintain a 30 gal res than mixing by the freaking GALLON 20 million times a week. I miss hydro. But my current spaces aren't really good for the type of system I used to run. Did a lot of research and looked at a lot of peoples' work in coco before I made the jump. Oh 7) EJ Seablast is good in coco too. I don't have to switch nutes. The list is long regarding why the jump worked for me. Run a couple of plants out in it and see how you like it. OD mentioned something about Cal/Mag. Got a gallon in yesterday. Even if the coco you buy claims it has cal/mag supplement in it, run the normal Cal/Mag through your stuff. I went light on 1 feeding. Heh. Not again. With soil you are be marginal somewhat with your nutes. Like if you screw up something by 1/4 tsp, it's probably already in the dirt depending on how far along you are. Coco? Nothing is there nutritionally for the plants. So there is that. But that's the only thing I've found so far that's touchy.

amekins

amekins

I made the jump into Coco too... all my seedlings, veg, and some of my flowering plants are in it. Even the stuff I started in soil? Fuck it. Coco. Tons of reasons. 1) Mites in soil. )(*&(*%$. 2) More control over nutrient and ph working with a relatively neutral medium. 3) It's prettier and doesn't make the mess that soil does. 4) Easier to store. 5) I can auto water the shit. (OMFG WOOOT!) 6) Goes to #1... it's a lot easier to maintain a 30 gal res than mixing by the freaking GALLON 20 million times a week. I miss hydro. But my current spaces aren't really good for the type of system I used to run. Did a lot of research and looked at a lot of peoples' work in coco before I made the jump. Oh 7) EJ Seablast is good in coco too. I don't have to switch nutes. The list is long regarding why the jump worked for me. Run a couple of plants out in it and see how you like it. OD mentioned something about Cal/Mag. Got a gallon in yesterday. Even if the coco you buy claims it has cal/mag supplement in it, run the normal Cal/Mag through your stuff. I went light on 1 feeding. Heh. Not again. With soil you are be marginal somewhat with your nutes. Like if you screw up something by 1/4 tsp, it's probably already in the dirt depending on how far along you are. Coco? Nothing is there nutritionally for the plants. So there is that. But that's the only thing I've found so far that's touchy.
I am fortunate in having the time and desire to give my plants this much time and attention. I ordered the EJ calmag to go along with my Seablast nutes. Can’t wait! I’ve got to get the ph range shift cemented in my brain.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I am fortunate in having the time and desire to give my plants this much time and attention. I ordered the EJ calmag to go along with my Seablast nutes. Can’t wait! I’ve got to get the ph range shift cemented in my brain.

That's the weird thing about my job. Like right now there is a slight lull between production and client meetings. But I sit right outside of my flowering area. See them all day :))

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@amekins going cuckoo for coco puffs?

Looking forward to seeing how ya like it. I really enjoy it and think you will also. I find it much easier than soil but thats because im a bit of a control freak when it comes to feeding.

amekins

amekins

@amekins going cuckoo for coco puffs?

Looking forward to seeing how ya like it. I really enjoy it and think you will also. I find it much easier than soil but thats because im a bit of a control freak when it comes to feeding.
I really think 1 gallon pots or containers appears to me.

IrishRob

IrishRob

I hear that im a tattoo artist now and I am getting plenty of time
That's the weird thing about my job. Like right now there is a slight lull between production and client meetings. But I sit right outside of my flowering area. See them all day :))
Yeah I'm a tattoo artist so as of late I've had a lot of time with them

Top Bottom