Grow number two, making space

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hortulanus

Hortulanus

What a day. It was really nice until I heard from my aunt that my 44 year old cousin died last night from cardiac arrest after she called 911. I hadn’t spoken to her in a very long time, and our family relations are non-existent; but it’s still heartbreaking and dumbfounding.

I’m so sorry Amekins. That’s a tragedy so young. Hope you’re doing better today.

ArrEll

ArrEll

It’s a foot taller.
Go for the Taller tent. I have a 2x2x4 ft and ALWAYS wish it had more Headroom. Long as it's not going to set you back Beaucoups bucks. I just bought a 28 in x 28 in x 63 in. tent but I'm in the middle of a Grow so it's still in the box. Cost me $24 more, about $75 bucks on Amazon. 5' 3" headroom should allow me to grow most strains without having to Brutalize my plants to keep them short.

amekins

amekins

I bought some beans. Fuck it. Hey @MHippie? Guess what I have coming???
0F1A1E38 C535 448E B5AD 7C09DAFFC2F9

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I bought some beans. Fuck it. Hey @MHippie? Guess what I have coming???View attachment 1060936

Awesome madam!!! 2 of HSCs most awesome strains. :) I'm close to harvesting a Squirt and will get some pics for you so that you can see growth and bud characteristics. It's a very misleading plant the way it buds and then seems to stall. Then all of the sudden it finds its roots and SWELLS almost Kush like. But the nugs are moderate to rock hard. You'll really really enjoy both strains. The only word of caution I have with Squirt is ph. If you're in dirt, try to stick it as dead on as you can to 6.3. It's easy to nute lock it. REALLY easy. And I'm not sure what nute line you are using. I'm 100% Earth Juice Seablast with a constant 2tsp of Epsom Salts in every feeding from cradle to harvest. I'm using a feed/feed/clear water routine to make sure no build up happens. But none of that is special. Pretty common. Cant wait to see pics!!!

Havent talked in a while... you are REALLY coming along. Remember your first days here. Was very cool :)

So... a couple more breeders for you to check out when you have time:

BOG Seeds - Creators of Sour Bubble
Copa Genetics - Old school hybrids
Hazeman - Imo, the Kush master lol
Mosca Seeds - Old school hybrids
Useful Seeds - Been around for a long long time. Very high quality.

You'll find some diamonds in there I'm sure. Another seedbank for you to check out too is dcseedexchange.com. They usually ship the day after you order by pri mail with tracking and they are discreet.

Who are you currently using?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Go for the Taller tent. I have a 2x2x4 ft and ALWAYS wish it had more Headroom. Long as it's not going to set you back Beaucoups bucks. I just bought a 28 in x 28 in x 63 in. tent but I'm in the middle of a Grow so it's still in the box. Cost me $24 more, about $75 bucks on Amazon. 5' 3" headroom should allow me to grow most strains without having to Brutalize my plants to keep them short.
3x3x6’ tent A would be a better option. Just my 2 beans ..... od

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Awesome madam!!! 2 of HSCs most awesome strains. :) I'm close to harvesting a Squirt and will get some pics for you so that you can see growth and bud characteristics. It's a very misleading plant the way it buds and then seems to stall. Then all of the sudden it finds its roots and SWELLS almost Kush like. But the nugs are moderate to rock hard. You'll really really enjoy both strains. The only word of caution I have with Squirt is ph. If you're in dirt, try to stick it as dead on as you can to 6.3. It's easy to nute lock it. REALLY easy. And I'm not sure what nute line you are using. I'm 100% Earth Juice Seablast with a constant 2tsp of Epsom Salts in every feeding from cradle to harvest. I'm using a feed/feed/clear water routine to make sure no build up happens. But none of that is special. Pretty common. Cant wait to see pics!!!

Havent talked in a while... you are REALLY coming along. Remember your first days here. Was very cool :)

You'll find some diamonds in there I'm sure. Another seedbank for you to check out too is dcseedexchange.com. They usually ship the day after you order by pri mail with tracking and they are discreet.

my useful seeds are typical “elite” plant chucks. The 91 oranges (chemdog SKVA x Bag of Oranges have shown a different plant each seed (one tasted of orange) rest chem leaning sort of. All grew nanners. Yield was all over the place.

Chocolate diesel s-1 seems legit s-1. One plant came out just like a growers original cut. He showed pics and our flowers even looked the same. But again. S-1. No breeding. Each plant different.

hes a cool guy but i cant say he actually breeds anything. Seems he borrows plants and crosses them and releases seeds right away.

Good prices. 10 fems for $60. But i would not chase any more of his strains.

I just planted some last week. I will post as they grow in my thread.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
my useful seeds are typical “elite” plant chucks. The 91 oranges (chemdog SKVA x Bag of Oranges have shown a different plant each seed (one tasted of orange) rest chem leaning sort of. All grew nanners. Yield was all over the place.

Chocolate diesel s-1 seems legit s-1. One plant came out just like a growers original cut. He showed pics and our flowers even looked the same. But again. S-1. No breeding. Each plant different.

hes a cool guy but i cant say he actually breeds anything. Seems he borrows plants and crosses them and releases seeds right away.

Good prices. 10 fems for $60. But i would not chase any more of his strains.

I just planted some last week. I will post as they grow in my thread.

:) Once again the coincidences... I went Chocolate Diesel F3... for the pheno hunt lol!!! And you're right. He's getting his hands on some really good strains and then crossing them up. It's that classic focus thing I'm after for now I guess until another squirrel comes around.

I've kind of fallen into this pattern of 3 - 5 seeds down. Clone each on the last week of veg. Flower them out in their bonsai containers to see what they do for a few weeks. Cull the undesirable plants and their clones down to 1. Transplant the winner. Harvest. Smoke it. If it's excellent the clone that's in veg gets bonsai'd to give me more clones. If not, then I flower out the clone and forget the strain. And down go more beans, new strains.

After all last season? I've only got Squirt, Pineapple Muffin, Purple Mountain Majesty, Blue Cookies (just crossed it with Blue God), and Lemon Skunk #2 bonsais. That's out of over 30 strains ran. Was hoping to get lucky with Mark's 42 strains. We'll have to see what happens with LA Confidential and Chemdog #4 that are going now. I'll probably just pop the other 20 some odd strains here and there as I go more out of curiosity I think than anything.

IDK, the strain hunt is weird. Attempting to navigate through everyone's "Dirty Flo" and "DJ Short Blueberry F4 x The World" style strains sucks which is why I rely on people like you to say nope, yep, try this, look here. You guys have a shit ton more experience with current genetics than I do by a long shot. I've been stuck in the WW, Jack, Ryder world for a couple of decades. Seeds? Call a buddy. Never ordered anything like Amazon style until this year. It's such a completely different world.

At first? Frenzy time. I wanted to grow the entire world until I got hit with the realization that the entire world isn't worth growing. All strains are not created equal. And this person's GG#4 isn't the same as this other person's GG#4. Speaking of which...

Are you familiar with Tony's Tortured Beans? They've got a GG#4. But I couldn't find much info on his line.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

:) Once again the coincidences... I went Chocolate Diesel F3... for the pheno hunt lol!!! And you're right. He's getting his hands on some really good strains and then crossing them up. It's that classic focus thing I'm after for now I guess until another squirrel comes around.

I've kind of fallen into this pattern of 3 - 5 seeds down. Clone each on the last week of veg. Flower them out in their bonsai containers to see what they do for a few weeks. Cull the undesirable plants and their clones down to 1. Transplant the winner. Harvest. Smoke it. If it's excellent the clone that's in veg gets bonsai'd to give me more clones. If not, then I flower out the clone and forget the strain. And down go more beans, new strains.

After all last season? I've only got Squirt, Pineapple Muffin, Purple Mountain Majesty, Blue Cookies (just crossed it with Blue God), and Lemon Skunk #2 bonsais. That's out of over 30 strains ran. Was hoping to get lucky with Mark's 42 strains. We'll have to see what happens with LA Confidential and Chemdog #4 that are going now. I'll probably just pop the other 20 some odd strains here and there as I go more out of curiosity I think than anything.

IDK, the strain hunt is weird. Attempting to navigate through everyone's "Dirty Flo" and "DJ Short Blueberry F4 x The World" style strains sucks which is why I rely on people like you to say nope, yep, try this, look here. You guys have a shit ton more experience with current genetics than I do by a long shot. I've been stuck in the WW, Jack, Ryder world for a couple of decades. Seeds? Call a buddy. Never ordered anything like Amazon style until this year. It's such a completely different world.

At first? Frenzy time. I wanted to grow the entire world until I got hit with the realization that the entire world isn't worth growing. All strains are not created equal. And this person's GG#4 isn't the same as this other person's GG#4. Speaking of which...

Are you familiar with Tony's Tortured Beans? They've got a GG#4. But I couldn't find much info on his line.

Never tried tonys tortured beans. And im like you. When i wanted seeds i looked for classic original stuff. Tried useful because of the extensive thread at rollitup. I have not tried many newer breeders or forum famous guys. And i see a lot of reversals and dissapointment from the newer breeders. Who seem to put out 100’s of strains real fast.

If i was looking to breed my own i would take the advice of the breeder at ch9. Mr. Nice (shantibaba) and Motorebel are who he says have the best plants. After growing ch9 hybrids i have to agree.

amekins

amekins

I have a ridiculous number of seeds it’s stupid. I got these through 207 Genetics. DCSeedExchange was out of Squirt but 207 was not. Right now I have this unsexed plant taking up space while the squat indica picks up a little more veg. But then I’m flipping because I want to move on to stuff I know won’t waste my soil, bags and nutrients when I am looking to produce consumable flower.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I have a ridiculous number of seeds it’s stupid. I got these through 207 Genetics. DCSeedExchange was out of Squirt but 207 was not. Right now I have this unsexed plant taking up space while the squat indica picks up a little more veg. But then I’m flipping because I want to move on to stuff I know won’t waste my soil, bags and nutrients when I am looking to produce consumable flower.

I went and checked 207 out. They have some awesome stuff for sure :) I spent my Black Friday seed money at DCSE. Really looking forward to getting that order and one other in the dirt. There are a few things at 207bthat I'm curious about like Barneys, Sweet Seeds and stuff. I see both all over GD but I'm not sure if that's because they sponsor a lot of grows or what.

amekins

amekins

This morning everyone got fed after I transplanted the clone to a little 1 gal fabric lot. Cutest little things. But one thing I hate about all fabric pots is watering and it finding pockets of air to just flow out the container before it even has a chance to hydrate the soil and roots. Anyway...I also did a little defoliation of the unknown sativa again and the canopy is actually quite even now. I had really hoped to know the gender of the one by now, but I don’t think I’m going to get it before flip. I’d like to top the clone before. How long should I wait after transplanting? I assume a few days is enough if the plant has settled in.
75C02B52 4D69 420E 9080 7739AD5892E8
FD5E6780 61FC 4250 BEB4 657B1F9FDD64
29F26EEA 8795 4BC9 8093 900814AC5C53
1B2A6449 0926 47B6 BB50 5B1AE962C2A7
D781F45C 631C 4D9C 968D 953E921EFE2F

Last edited:
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
This morning everyone got fed after I transplanted the clone to a little 1 gal fabric lot. Cutest little things. But one thing I hate about all fabric pots is watering and it finding pockets of air to just flow out the container before it even has a chance to hydrate the soil and roots. Anyway...I also did a little defoliation of the unknown sativa again and the canopy is actually quite even now. I had really hoped to know the gender of the one by now, but I don’t think I’m going to get it before flip. I’d like to top the clone before. How long should I wait after transplanting? I assume a few days is enough if the plant has settled in. View attachment 1061257View attachment 1061258View attachment 1061254View attachment 1061253View attachment 1061255
Re your clone... are you mainlining or just topping?

Top Bottom