Grow number two, making space

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

This is probably as good a representation as I can get of all four fans and one humidifier lol. With that humidifier going, the current temp is 73 F and 54% RH.

Has the airflow changed at all?
Temps? Humidity?

beluga

beluga

This is probably as good a representation as I can get of all four fans and one humidifier lol. With that humidifier going, the current temp is 73 F and 54% RH.
I think I see what's happening here...
So, you're pulling in that water vapor from the intake and I think it's probably getting trapped around the skirts of your plants.
If you've already just adjusted it, see how that works... if not... I would try, if possible, to get that lower clip-on fan below the canopy so that it can circulate the air underneath all the leaves and swirl it around to subsequent fans that take it upward... something like so.
7-ABFAD6-A-1-BA6-4722-87-DB-C18-AD5-D354-F1.jpg

amekins

amekins

So, you're pulling in that water vapor from the intake and I think it's probably getting trapped around the skirts of your plants.
If you've already just adjusted it, see how that works... if not... I would try, if possible, to get that lower clip-on fan below the canopy so that it can circulate the air underneath all the leaves and swirl it around to subsequent fans that take it upward... something like so.
The clip on fans were lower and I moved it up when I added the external fan to increase passive intake. Both humidity and temp dropped after I added the external fan and that is that is why the humidifier is now added.

amekins

amekins

Also can’t get the fan below the level of the canopy without hitting the plant’s leaves or basically blowing it out the intake flap.
ED102A48 1B7C 4099 8C74 5242FF50D3F4

beluga

beluga

The clip on fans were lower and I moved it up when I added the external fan to increase passive intake. Both humidity and temp dropped after I added the external fan and that is that is why the humidifier is now added.
Yeah, my thinking was just to get the plants transpiring a little better and maybe perk them up a bit more so they're not laying on each other.
It'll also help move around some of that soil evaporation.
Also can’t get the fan below the level of the canopy without hitting the plant’s leaves or basically blowing it out the intake flap. View attachment 1067384
Hmm... that's a pickle. 🥒 (🙀)

I'll keep thinking on it.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Are you running a carbon filter?... Only ask because blowing like that last pic would screw up the effectiveness.

amekins

amekins

Took the lowest fan off its clip and attached it to the pole facing the front door of the tent and bouncing the air off that wall. I guess I’ll see how that goes.
10A8F488 5D04 446F A45F F4632F7A0A2A

amekins

amekins

Took the lowest fan off its clip and attached it to the pole facing the front door of the tent and bouncing the air off that wall. I guess I’ll see how that goes. View attachment 1067389
Of course now the temps are higher and the RH down too low because I’ve turned off the external fan and humidifier. Boo.

beluga

beluga

Of course now the temps are higher and the RH down too low because I’ve turned off the external fan and humidifier. Boo.
I would leave those on. I was only looking to kick up that surface moisture. I'd believe - and I could be totally wrong - that everything was good except that the moisture was allowed to settle at the bottom.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
My advice... Put everything back how it was... Everything is looking great.
To address the condensation you were concerned about, just brush through the leaves with your hands once or twice a day.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

My advice... Put everything back how it was... Everything is looking great.
To address the condensation you were concerned about, just brush through the leaves with your hands once or twice a day.

What if she lowered the carb filter?

Obviously it would need an exit hole even with the output of the exhaust fan.. i dont see that possible. Unless a raxial was installed that would help a lil bit....just ideas!

amekins

amekins

I would like to offer my apologies for being bitchy earlier. Side conversations and digressions I love and encourage...as long as the need is also addressed. I’ve had to corral toddlers, children of all ages, and delusional adults trying to extubate themselves, so the “listen up!” tone is well honed and sometimes in excess. Please accept my apologies.

beluga

beluga

I would like to offer my apologies for being bitchy earlier. Side conversations and digressions I love and encourage...as long as the need is also addressed. I’ve had to corral toddlers, children of all ages, and delusional adults trying to extubate themselves, so the “listen up!” tone is well honed and sometimes in excess. Please accept my apologies.
Pffft... you do you.
Potheads ≠ toddlers...? 🤷‍♂️
You gotta "ah!-ah!-ah!" ☝😤 at us sometimes or else we just start...
Robot-Dancing-Man-Chappelles-Show.gif

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
What if she lowered the carb filter?

Obviously it would need an exit hole even with the output of the exhaust fan.. i dont see that possible. Unless a raxial was installed that would help a lil bit....just ideas!

When possible, I like to exhaust high and intake low.
That said, my current 10x10 had to be done differently.

Terpz719

Terpz719

The filter is as high as it will go. Believe me when I say I have sought the input of and implemented the suggestions of the wise ones here on airflow. My tent is little. 36” x 20” x 63”. There is no way a single 16” fan would fit lol.
I don't know if I subscribe to the no direct air flow thing. I have a 5'x5 tent. I've always used an oscillating fan, and haven't seen any issues. Granted, I do run it at low speed when they're small. Besides my floor standing 16" oscillating fan, I have a 12" hanging from the top supports. I used decent sized zip ties with enough slack so I can slide it from side to side if needed. The 12" is pointed slightly above the tops of the plants, and is usually centered on the plants.

When they're seedling to small veg I usually run just the 16". As they get crowded and start flowing I start running both at the same time. Just another way to get down the road... I bring up the top mounted approach because I've seen a pic where the guy hung what would normally be a floor model upside down from the top of his tent.

Fans

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I don't know if I subscribe to the no direct air flow thing. I have a 5'x5 tent. I've always used an oscillating fan, and haven't seen any issues. Granted, I do run it at low speed when they're small. Besides my floor standing 16" oscillating fan, I have a 12" hanging from the top supports. I used decent sized zip ties with enough slack so I can slide it from side to side if needed. The 12" is pointed slightly above the tops of the plants, and is usually centered on the plants.

When they're seedling to small veg I usually run just the 16". As they get crowded and start flowing I start running both at the same time. Just another way to get down the road... I bring up the top mounted approach because I've seen a pic where the guy hung what would normally be a floor model upside down from the top of his tent.

View attachment 1067453

I tend to agree.

My plants get that water build up too if the fan is off.
You’ve seen my grow Amy. I’ve got the fan right on my plants, although I dunno if it’s because the Dyson style of fan but I can crank it up pretty high before the leaves curl.

The indica could take a bit of a breeze. They are used to growing mountain sides no?

Top Bottom