Grow pot issue drain holes

• Thread starter Eternulwinter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frego

Frego

To be honest the plants look good no stunted growth as of yet
You have not hurt them yet..

like the guys say the plant will grow in to the soil and as the roots get bigger and stronger then they can take more water in.. I wouldn’t saturate till flowering/pre flowering from my experience with soil

the good thing is! you have is big holes and perlite!
That’s all you need if you can, too dry them up faster lower the RH for a day or 2 then water less..
Get airflow on the pots (fan)
And water with a spray bottle with a air stone in 2 hours before to better prep the water for the roots (1 have a 10litre bottle loaded with cal mag/microbes

PS you can never have to many holes

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok, I remember these... So many threads. LOL

You need more drainage in those. Read the two watering articles I posted to understand why.
Use a smaller hole. 2 or 3 between the big ones.

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Lets see a pic or two of the pot and soil please.

like the guys say the plant will grow in to the soil and as the roots get bigger and stronger then they can take more water in.. I wouldn’t saturate till flowering/pre flowering from my experience with soil

That’s all you need if you can, too dry them up faster lower the RH for a day or 2 then water less..
And water with a spray bottle with a air stone in 2 hours before to better prep the water for the roots (1 have a 10litre bottle loaded with cal mag/microbes

Thank you

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

OK thank you I did I lowered my humidity to 40 I’m just gonna do it until everything dries out.it’s not sitting in a swamp but not drying out good

Frego

Frego

OK thank you I did I lowered my humidity to 40 I’m just gonna do it until everything dries out.it’s not sitting in a swamp but not drying out good
60’sRH would be ideal you want them stomas still open..
40’s too low and may do more damage then good

Also get a moisture meter to give you a idea of how there doing

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

60’sRH would be ideal you want them stomas still open..
40’s too low and may do more damage then good

Also get a moisture meter to give you a idea of how there doing
I have one

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If it were me, I would repot in 3 or 5 gal fabric pots. That will get rid of the root zone issue.

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

If it were me, I would repot in 3 or 5 gal fabric pots. That will get rid of the root zone issue.
I understand but I only have a 32 x 32 area so I was trying to grow in 1 gallon pots with LST I have seen many people grow in solo cups half gallon pots and 1 gallon pots with success so I figured I could do this with a 1 gallon pot?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I understand but I only have a 32 x 32 area so I was trying to grow in 1 gallon pots with LST I have seen many people grow in solo cups half gallon pots and 1 gallon pots with success so I figured I could do this with a 1 gallon pot?
You can, but it will require more feedings and waterings.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Always fully saturate the soil, it should never be completely dry, that would actually be a bad thing. What we want is the soil to be at 100% saturation when watered, then a dry back of about 50%, but never all the way down to 0%. Because if the soil would dry back to 0% moisture it would actually kill the roots quite fast.

As the soil dries it pulls air in from the top soil (or the sides if you use fabric pots) and the roots need a happy medium between H2o and O2. Perlite helps with allowing more air to get pulled into the soil too.

Rooke

Rooke

They are 16 days old
Heya farmer I was just reading the beginning of your post and you said you drilled 1/4 in holes in the bottom of your pots I would make them at least 1/2 or 5/8 in the holes fill up and plug with soil they need to be bigger buddy

quirk

quirk

Provide air circulation and elevate pots. Let pots get light before adding water and stop at the first drip of runoff. If you do transplant, up the ratio of perlite in order to provide more air pockets in your medium. Oxygen is critical to root growth and plant health and is not available in a saturated medium.

IMG 20201009 193654309 2
Top Bottom