Grow pot issue drain holes

• Thread starter Eternulwinter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Heya farmer I was just reading the beginning of your post and you said you drilled 1/4 in holes in the bottom of your pots I would make them at least 1/2 or 5/8 in the holes fill up and plug with soil they need to be bigger buddy
Provide air circulation and elevate pots. Let pots get light before adding water and stop at the first drip of runoff. If you do transplant, up the ratio of perlite in order to provide more air pockets in your medium. Oxygen is critical to root growth and plant health and is not available in a saturated medium.

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Provide air circulation and elevate pots. Let pots get light before adding water and stop at the first drip of runoff. If you do transplant, up the ratio of perlite in order to provide more air pockets in your medium. Oxygen is critical to root growth and plant health and is not available in a saturated medium.
I went ahead and transplanted them out of the 1 gallon plastic pots into the smart 2 gallon pots hopefully that helps

Rooke

Rooke

Heya farmer just wondering if you added extra perlite and premoistened your soil as quirk mentioned it’s best to elevate your pots as well best of luck with your grow peace bro!

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Heya farmer just wondering if you added extra perlite and premoistened your soil as quirk mentioned it’s best to elevate your pots as well best of luck with your grow peace bro!
I did not pre moisten.I watered it a little bit when I got them transplanted they were sitting in soggy water so I didn’t want to water them heavy after sitting in that

Rooke

Rooke

I did not pre moisten.I watered it a little bit when I got them transplanted they were sitting in soggy water so I didn’t want to water them heavy after sitting in that
Gotcha I had a feeling your bottom drainage holes weren’t doing anything for you I’ve transplanted autos before and had good success at least I think I did lol hard to tell they didn’t show any signs of stress keep your new pots up off the floor a couple of chunks of 2x4 towards the outside edges will allow some airflow under your pots which will help your wet/dry cycles just passing on some helpful tips for you peace bro!

Latest posts

Top Bottom