Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hoodfarmer

hoodfarmer

I would think that would be enough if you install properly. Good luck. I assume you are going to build a window a/c box. If so make sure you size the fan to remove heat from box is 500-600 cfm.
yes i will be building a window a/c box. is 500-600cfm per ton of cooling the standard size for a fan used for this purpose? thanks for your help. this is a good thread.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I put a frigidair portable, 1030w, 9000btu in my room 10-12-8, two 600hps...But its HOT at my grow house, like 85+ all the time.
How often should i run this thing, and do you think ill run into humidity problems?

Set your temperature and forget it once you find your room temp you want to maintain. The a/c unit shouldn't remove enough humidity in ur room to hurt you. Good luck

Reactions: sox
HighDesertMMJ

HighDesertMMJ

Well it appears that my thread disappeared from the forum during the server change. So here goes a new one. Ask away about your grow room a/c questions.
Hey CJ,

I have multiple mini-spit heads in my rooms (Klimaire inverter 4 ton/4 head x2 in flower and 3 ton/3 head in veg.)

I can't get them to set for the temps I want for the hours I want. Tech support was no help and an e-mail to their engineering dept. was not answered.

Wondering if I can set them all to the coldest setting (62 F) and use a seperate tsat to make/break relays controlling power to each head?

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey CJ,

I have multiple mini-spit heads in my rooms (Klimaire inverter 4 ton/4 head x2 in flower and 3 ton/3 head in veg.)

I can't get them to set for the temps I want for the hours I want. Tech support was no help and an e-mail to their engineering dept. was not answered.

Wondering if I can set them all to the coldest setting (62 F) and use a seperate tsat to make/break relays controlling power to each head?

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Not likely. It sucks that their tech support can't help you. Not to beat a dead horse but you get what you pay for in this business. If you PM me with links to their tech manuals for ur equipment I may be able to help.

sox

sox

Awesome, Thanks John!

I have a fan hooked up to both lights and last night i unpluged it because i have the ac running 24/7 and it works good, 72 actually feels super cold for some reason so im running it at 74....in your opinion do you think i should still run the fan to cool the lights or does it not matter any more because of the ac?
Thanks!
-Sox

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I have a fan hooked up to both lights and last night i unpluged it because i have the ac running 24/7 and it works good, 72 actually feels super cold for some reason so im running it at 74....in your opinion do you think i should still run the fan to cool the lights or does it not matter any more because of the ac?
Thanks!
-Sox

Some people say not to air cool ur lights. I would say do what you want. Sounds like you don't need to cool them.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Really? do you know the reasoning behind this?

I'm talking about ducted lights which are sealed from room. With the glass in place they feel it reduces your lighting lumens.

silverhaze

silverhaze

CJ,

Thanks for the previous advice. Going to buy a split this weekend. I'm on 3k vented hoods in a 8x9x7' room. I'm going after a higher seer unit as suggested and wondered, all things considered, am I better off buying 21000 or 24000 btus and just opening the hoods (3) and doing away will all those fans?? Am I right in thinking if I got a 17 or 18 seer unit I'd make up the extra energy costs for the fans and less efficient a/c in probably one run? If I open the hoods I can remove over 1000 cfms of fans to cool them. Thanks again for all your info..

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

CJ,

Thanks for the previous advice. Going to buy a split this weekend. I'm on 3k vented hoods in a 8x9x7' room. I'm going after a higher seer unit as suggested and wondered, all things considered, am I better off buying 21000 or 24000 btus and just opening the hoods (3) and doing away will all those fans?? Am I right in thinking if I got a 17 or 18 seer unit I'd make up the extra energy costs for the fans and less efficient a/c in probably one run? If I open the hoods I can remove over 1000 cfms of fans to cool them. Thanks again for all your info..

Do away with the hoods and the fans. Get a bigger unit. An 18k should be enough for 3kw in unvented lights unless your room isn't insulated or outside is 100F all the time.

silverhaze

silverhaze

Do away with the hoods and the fans. Get a bigger unit. An 18k should be enough for 3kw in unvented lights unless your room isn't insulated or outside is 100F all the time.

Thanks CJ. I'm on it. May do a bit bigger than 18 so I have the option of adding a light but this helps a lot and thank you for confirming. You da man!

W

willy led wonka

i had to get an in room a/c due to the fact im using leds and the larger leds produce some heat. I have a 6" carbon filter to exhaust the heat set to 70 degrees at night time with the A/C at 66. Daytime i have it set on 78 with the the exhaust fan set at 80 degrees. Also using a 4" fan with carbon filter running constantly to clean the air. I have the A/C unit set on low at it runs constantly to maintain. Its a Danby 13,000 btus from lowes. It exhausts alot of hot air out of the unit and right now im dumping to a 4" carbon filter outside. Anyone know if you can exaust these units straight out the window without any odor issues? I know it would help cool the room better at the lower setting if i could just run it straight out the window. Im adding Co2 later this week and ive been trying to get the temps consistent with this unit for the last week or so. My temps with hit the 66 at the plants nighttime.(our daytime) but at night it still creeps up to the low 80s. I can try running the unit on medium speed to see if it will keep better. I guess im curious to know how you all are cooling a 12x12x7 room with these in room units. They are inconspicuous and stealthy which is what i need. I have all the right things,,,,, just keep playing with the placement of everything. Seems lke the 2 oscillating fans i have running just make the temps consistent but at a higher temp. And affect the units ability to cool as effectively. Sorry for the book,,,,just trying to provide all the facts.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Heres a question for you...So I almost feel like I built my room assbackwards but hell.. anyways, The grey box is my ac unit, the red lines rep flowerroom, green veg obviously I am getting a grow tent so I don't have to mess with the walls to much. My problem is I am going to have the fan set up to the tent, but how do I get the air into the veg room through the flower tent? Thanks I haven't seen a lot of videos, or questions regaurding this type of problem.
ROOM

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

i had to get an in room a/c due to the fact im using leds and the larger leds produce some heat. I have a 6" carbon filter to exhaust the heat set to 70 degrees at night time with the A/C at 66. Daytime i have it set on 78 with the the exhaust fan set at 80 degrees. Also using a 4" fan with carbon filter running constantly to clean the air. I have the A/C unit set on low at it runs constantly to maintain. Its a Danby 13,000 btus from lowes. It exhausts alot of hot air out of the unit and right now im dumping to a 4" carbon filter outside. Anyone know if you can exaust these units straight out the window without any odor issues? I know it would help cool the room better at the lower setting if i could just run it straight out the window. Im adding Co2 later this week and ive been trying to get the temps consistent with this unit for the last week or so. My temps with hit the 66 at the plants nighttime.(our daytime) but at night it still creeps up to the low 80s. I can try running the unit on medium speed to see if it will keep better. I guess im curious to know how you all are cooling a 12x12x7 room with these in room units. They are inconspicuous and stealthy which is what i need. I have all the right things,,,,, just keep playing with the placement of everything. Seems lke the 2 oscillating fans i have running just make the temps consistent but at a higher temp. And affect the units ability to cool as effectively. Sorry for the book,,,,just trying to provide all the facts.

If it's a portable unit you will get smell if you vent w/o carbon filter. You want 8-12F temp difference ,at plant tops, between lights on and lights off temp when running CO2. So IMO you are good now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom