Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnnyrex

johnnyrex

You need a 30k high seer inverter style mini split. I don't know where you heard that but it's bull. I have installed over 50 mini splits in last year (and nearly 100 in 2 years) that cool grow rooms. They work great if installed properly and unit is high quality. Don't go cheap here.

Thanks John thats what excel air guys told me that I have to have an ac best closely match to my room and to have the compressor almost running at full capacity and not cycling on and off so cause when the unit starts up they pike up hard. But thanks once again for the great insight on this matter.
Last question should I get it with a heater pump for the winters here in the north east?

evu80

evu80

hi john

i'm currently planning out a new build and want to do it right the first time around. Going with 10k worth of lights in a 20x20 room using a flip system so in total I will have 20 lights. What kind of system would you recommend using in this case. I was thinking a 5 ton unit but not sure if it should be a roof mounted unit or a mini split etc. Not sure what is the best for my situation and was hoping you could give me your insight so I wont screw it up the first time. I'm trying not to air cool my hoods this time around cause cutting out holes and buying multiple fans were too much of a hassle for me. Id like to rock an AC unit and go.

is there a system that will work well with a flip system and cool the veg room at the same time? I don't know if having too many thermostat in different places requiring different temps will screw things up.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Thanks John thats what excel air guys told me that I have to have an ac best closely match to my room and to have the compressor almost running at full capacity and not cycling on and off so cause when the unit starts up they pike up hard. But thanks once again for the great insight on this matter.
Last question should I get it with a heater pump for the winters here in the north east?

They told you that because they have single speed compressors. Inverter style mini splits vary the power to compressor to match load in room. Get a heat pump if you want heat also. I recommend Mr. Slim by Mitsubishi.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

hi john

i'm currently planning out a new build and want to do it right the first time around. Going with 10k worth of lights in a 20x20 room using a flip system so in total I will have 20 lights. What kind of system would you recommend using in this case. I was thinking a 5 ton unit but not sure if it should be a roof mounted unit or a mini split etc. Not sure what is the best for my situation and was hoping you could give me your insight so I wont screw it up the first time. I'm trying not to air cool my hoods this time around cause cutting out holes and buying multiple fans were too much of a hassle for me. Id like to rock an AC unit and go.

is there a system that will work well with a flip system and cool the veg room at the same time? I don't know if having too many thermostat in different places requiring different temps will screw things up.

Need 5 ton in each flower room. I would do a separate unit for each room. Or get a HVAC guy and do zoning.

evu80

evu80

Need 5 ton in each flower room. I would do a separate unit for each room. Or get a HVAC guy and do zoning.

If I get a HVAC guy to do zoning, does this mean I can get away with buying one 5 ton unit instead of two? How much better is this vs buying 2 units

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

They told you that because they have single speed compressors. Inverter style mini splits vary the power to compressor to match load in room. Get a heat pump if you want heat also. I recommend Mr. Slim by Mitsubishi.

Thanks for that info Now I understand thanks once again I'll look into the Mitsubishi slim I was looking at some of the 30000 but some are like $2,500 and some are $4,600 for the same btu and with height pump I'm still trying to find out what's the differnce thanks John for all your help once again

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

If I get a HVAC guy to do zoning, does this mean I can get away with buying one 5 ton unit instead of two? How much better is this vs buying 2 units

Didn't say it was better just gave it as an option.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Thanks for that info Now I understand thanks once again I'll look into the Mitsubishi slim I was looking at some of the 30000 but some are like $2,500 and some are $4,600 for the same btu and with height pump I'm still trying to find out what's the differnce thanks John for all your help once again

Check www.acwholesalers.com. They have 14.5 Seer Mr Slim Mitsubishi 30k unit for $2600 and 36k for $3170. I know people who ordered from here and got great service. That price doesn't include all accessories.

evu80

evu80

Is there a downside to using central air system over a mini split. Seems like the units are more affordable based on these online stores

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Is there a downside to using central air system over a mini split. Seems like the units are more affordable based on these online stores

Look at SEER ratings. The higher the seer the less electricity the unit uses. Also if you use an inverter style mini split it will match load of room. Also don't have to run any duct with mini split and components are smaller with mini.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

will my 10,000 BTU portable cover 3 600wHPS?

It will be borderline if the bulbs are not vented. Also most portables don't do what they are rated at. Is it single hose or dual hose type? If single hose it uses some air from room to cool condenser which is then vented from room.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I'm running a 1 hp chiller with a 45gal chilled res. and have a question. I am using it to cool 2 RDWC systems. Is it more efficient to chill the 2 res with coils in the 2 res or put the coils in the chiller res and pump the nutrients through the chiller res? Right now I am using coils in the nutrient res to chill, so pumping from the chiller res to coils and than dump back into chiller res.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I'm running a 1 hp chiller with a 45gal chilled res. and have a question. I am using it to cool 2 RDWC systems. Is it more efficient to chill the 2 res with coils in the 2 res or put the coils in the chiller res and pump the nutrients through the chiller res? Right now I am using coils in the nutrient res to chill, so pumping from the chiller res to coils and than dump back into chiller res.

IMO I think it's just a matter of preference. I don't believe either way is better than other.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Is there something better to use than water to cool with, 1/2 water and 1/2 glycol?

evu80

evu80

Hey John

Would it make any sense to use a single 10 ton unit and set it up to do zoning? I'm assuming this is a feature that will allow cold air to be directed where its needed, right? and price wise would it be cheaper too?

Latest posts

Top Bottom