Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

John,will one of the new 26 seer mitsu hyper heat units handle 1-1k (non air cooled)and a couple t-5s in a well insulated(r19)8'x8' veg room,So cal 100+ summer high,25-30 low winters?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

John,will one of the new 26 seer mitsu hyper heat units handle 1-1k (non air cooled)and a couple t-5s in a well insulated(r19)8'x8' veg room,So cal 100+ summer high,25-30 low winters?

Not sure. Do u have a web link or model number?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Lol,yeah i know,but 26 seer?gotta love it,All the damn hyper heats are $$ but its only 130 more than the 21 seer.I could easily throw a 1k in but im worried its overkill for such a small space.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Lol,yeah i know,but 26 seer?gotta love it,All the damn hyper heats are $$ but its only 130 more than the 21 seer.I could easily throw a 1k in but im worried its overkill for such a small space.

You should be good with unit you selected. Good luck

Shamus

Shamus

in a completely sealed 8x14 area with 7ft ceilings and 4k watts what would u suggest as a good place to start looking for adequate AC units? (size?).. i remember hearing at one point 3k btu's for 1 1kwatt light? is that right or is that way off?
also i have 2 6 inch fans cooling the 4k in magnumxxl;'s (2 per 6 inch vortex)
also i see some ac's have dehueys built in so to say.. do you think thatd be sufficient?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

in a completely sealed 8x14 area with 7ft ceilings and 4k watts what would u suggest as a good place to start looking for adequate AC units? (size?).. i remember hearing at one point 3k btu's for 1 1kwatt light? is that right or is that way off?
also i have 2 6 inch fans cooling the 4k in magnumxxl;'s (2 per 6 inch vortex)
also i see some ac's have dehueys built in so to say.. do you think thatd be sufficient?

I recommend 4000 btus per 1 kw if your lights are air cooled and 6000 btus per 1 kw if your lights are not cooled. This takes into account room construction and other equipment in room.

F

fadetoblack1

I bought a 2ton kilimaire minisplit. But on the side where the serial number is it also has a "cooling" chart and it says 22,000BTUS. I thought a 2ton was supposed to be 24,000btus?

I have (6) 1000watters in a sealed room, I am air cooling them and blowing the heat off them, but the heat is not being blown out of the room. Also have c02. It is working so far...but am i stressing the mini split too much?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I bought a 2ton kilimaire minisplit. But on the side where the serial number is it also has a "cooling" chart and it says 22,000BTUS. I thought a 2ton was supposed to be 24,000btus?

I have (6) 1000watters in a sealed room, I am air cooling them and blowing the heat off them, but the heat is not being blown out of the room. Also have c02. It is working so far...but am i stressing the mini split too much?

Very typical of all brands. Would not worry so much.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Man kinda slow in the A/C thread,just wait until we start seeing some 90's this place will be jumping,lol.

localhero

localhero

Hey John, fantastic contribution man. Im in so cal, semi coastal setting up a garage. 4000w air cooled lights/sealed room in a room /insulated/1060 cf, chillers ran outside the room/ pumps ran outside of the room/ not set on what type of dehuey yet (if I cant get a santa fe compact 2 70 l per day, than just a cheapo 60 lpd until i can) but that will be in the room. the garage gets hot as fuck even though outside isnt that hot.

I would either have a 18,000 btu mini split or a 12,000.

the condenser unit will be inside the garage, outside of the grow room. it will be placed near the 4 chillers and pumps.

my questions:

should i pull air into the garage with my 8" vortex and pipe it out behind the heat exchanger of the mini split, blowing fresh air against it, while having a passive exhaust vent high on wall?

or,

should i pipe a passive intake via 8" ducting to the back of the heat exchanger and then push air out through the highest point in the ceiling via my 8" vortex?

or,

should i have fans on both the intake and exhaust?

shit man im sorry if this post sounds convoluted and overly complex. But It would be great to get some help on this. maybe I'm just being overly concerned, but my issue is obviously allowing enough air to cool the split and to not pump in too much air or suck out too much air and mess with my sealed rooms.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey John, fantastic contribution man. Im in so cal, semi coastal setting up a garage. 4000w air cooled lights/sealed room in a room /insulated/1060 cf, chillers ran outside the room/ pumps ran outside of the room/ not set on what type of dehuey yet (if I cant get a santa fe compact 2 70 l per day, than just a cheapo 60 lpd until i can) but that will be in the room. the garage gets hot as fuck even though outside isnt that hot.

I would either have a 18,000 btu mini split or a 12,000.

the condenser unit will be inside the garage, outside of the grow room. it will be placed near the 4 chillers and pumps.

my questions:

should i pull air into the garage with my 8" vortex and pipe it out behind the heat exchanger of the mini split, blowing fresh air against it, while having a passive exhaust vent high on wall?

or,

should i pipe a passive intake via 8" ducting to the back of the heat exchanger and then push air out through the highest point in the ceiling via my 8" vortex?

or,

should i have fans on both the intake and exhaust?

shit man im sorry if this post sounds convoluted and overly complex. But It would be great to get some help on this. maybe I'm just being overly concerned, but my issue is obviously allowing enough air to cool the split and to not pump in too much air or suck out too much air and mess with my sealed rooms.

Need the 18k unit at least. Forget about the condenser in the garage. It will get too hot. I have seen a one ton unit in a vented garage and the garage was 90F on a 65F outside air day.

localhero

localhero

ok thanks for the help John. was he venting the air in his garage?

localhero

localhero

haha not venting, I meant bringing air in with fans. I cannot have my condenser outside. i'm putting up radiant barrier in the rafters and insulating the garage door. my question was should i blow air via 8" can max fan to the intake side of the condenser unit or suck the hot air out from the vent side of the condenser.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

ok thanks for the help John. was he venting the air in his garage?
haha not venting, I meant bringing air in with fans. I cannot have my condenser outside. i'm putting up radiant barrier in the rafters and insulating the garage door. my question was should i blow air via 8" can max fan to the intake side of the condenser unit or suck the hot air out from the vent side of the condenser.

He was pulling hot air from garage. You need to move at least1000 com IMO. I would bring cool air in and pull hot air out at the same rate (at least 1000 cfm both ways.).

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Hello john. Im in nor cal and If I had a hvac pro set up a 5 ton ac at my industrial unit. ( my space has no fire sprinklers and I listed it as storage to avoid annual inspections) what kind of permits do I need to get for the install and what all do I need for that permit. Will i have to get inspections annually if i get an ac that size? Also what do you think is the best way of going about it? Building everything to code just incase someone comes knocking and just list as storage and no business to avoid an inspection? or just getting everything inspected as a "corral reef farm". Thanks a lot

localhero

localhero

OK so I have my split, got my whip and fuse box will run that to a 25amp breaker. got a 15' line set. so the guy at the hvac supply say it must be vacuum purged after i connect it all up to get rid of air and water in the lines. last go i had crappy ass air-con minis and all i had to do with those was bleed the lines with a screw driver. I dont wanna fuck up this nice unit, quietside is basically samsung. got it for 275$ 160 for the line set and whip. I hate to be cheap, but man I got creamed before and had everything taken away. I have a hardline budget.

point is, i budgeted 500 for ac im at 435 now plus i need to run wires still. im at budget. guy said it would be 150 to come out to me. thats a security risk and puts me over. if its too ghetto to just bleed the lines (its not like im running 50' of copper) then ill take the risk and go over budget. other option is to wait for a low humidity day to do the connect.

took your advice on putting it outside the garage by the way. just gonna camouflage it as a tool shed or dog house with scrap wood and sound board on the neighbor side.

Top Bottom