Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

You are the man CJ. Got another question for you. I was planning on using some H20 coolers for my veg but my dumb ass didn't winterize them in storage. Some froze up and some copper pipes cracked, so I'm fooked on those. Room will have 8k adjust a wings and 4x 8bulb T5's. I do have an extra 5 ton Excel, would that be too big?

5 ton is a bit oversized but should do ok. Once you get it up and running make sure the unit is not starting and stopping too much. Would like to see it run for 10-15 minutes and be off for at least 10 minutes. Longer run times are ok. But it should be off for at least 10 minutes before it comes back on.

Haggardass

Haggardass

My question is I have a portable ac vented into the side of my 4x4 tent, i can't have the ac completely shut down at night I still need the fan to run all night, obviously the ac being blown through the side if the tent means it's reading the temp of the room it's in, so my question is, is there a way i can run the thermostat wire out of the ac and into the tent? More so what does this thermostat wire look like where would it be located inside the unit? If you need any more information please let me know, it's a soleus air 8k btu

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

My question is I have a portable ac vented into the side of my 4x4 tent, i can't have the ac completely shut down at night I still need the fan to run all night, obviously the ac being blown through the side if the tent means it's reading the temp of the room it's in, so my question is, is there a way i can run the thermostat wire out of the ac and into the tent? More so what does this thermostat wire look like where would it be located inside the unit? If you need any more information please let me know, it's a soleus air 8k btu

Most likely not. It is digital right?

Haggardass

Haggardass

Correct, but it should still have something that tells it the temp, is that just a sensor?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Correct, but it should still have something that tells it the temp, is that just a sensor?

Yes it does. Most likely a sensor near intake of indoor coil or on face of coil. Be careful. Extending wire from sensor may change temperature sensor reads.

NightShift

NightShift

Reccomended minisplit unit for an aircooled 6k? I have a window unit right now but I want something with a better energy rating. Also I use c02 so it would be nice to seal the room better.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Reccomended minisplit unit for an aircooled 6k? I have a window unit right now but I want something with a better energy rating. Also I use c02 so it would be nice to seal the room better.

Mitsubushi 2 ton would be excellent with inverter.

NightShift

NightShift

Mitsubushi 2 ton would be excellent with inverter.

Mitsubishi 2 ton. t 24,000 btu. Do u think that would be overkill for air cooled lights? I use either a 12,000 or 18,000 btu a/c right now with 6 lights and my temps are well under control even in the California summer. Why such a powerful reccomendation?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Mitsubishi 2 ton. t 24,000 btu. Do u think that would be overkill for air cooled lights? I use either a 12,000 or 18,000 btu a/c right now with 6 lights and my temps are well under control even in the California summer. Why such a powerful reccomendation?

I always recommend 4000 btus/hr per 1kw of air cooled lighting and 6000 btus/hr per 1 kw if lights are not air cooled. Most jobs I do are brand new rooms and I want to be sure there is enough a/c for the worst case. Also with inverter type units if it is slightly oversized it will not hurt. Also cost difference is minimal for piece of mind.

NightShift

NightShift

I always recommend 4000 btus/hr per 1kw of air cooled lighting and 6000 btus/hr per 1 kw if lights are not air cooled. Most jobs I do are brand new rooms and I want to be sure there is enough a/c for the worst case. Also with inverter type units if it is slightly oversized it will not hurt. Also cost difference is minimal for piece of mind.

Yes I agree with you the cost difference is minimal in the initial installation. I pay electricity rates over 300% of baseline which is .35 cents per kilowatt hour so its smart to run as less juice as possible. Thanks for the recommendation. I will consider.

V

vino

I have a few questions about my AC unit and thermostats.
Im running a 5ton york with a zonemaster connecting to 4 zones. All the thermostats are on wall in the room, and I wanted to know if there is a remote sensor that can placed in center of room to get reading from there instead of wall.
Also is it possible to install Nest thermostats on ordinary thermostat gauge?

The rooms are sealed 12wx16wx12h.
6k. Non aircooled.

The blueprint controller image is just an idea of part of my setup. Each room though has an ordinary thermostat, which is only connected to zonemaster. Can it be connected to blueprint sensor? Does the Nest Thermostat have better algorithms to control temp/humid?

Im having a real problem with Temps at night being low and Humidity being high. Im running a 30pint dehu in the room but it definately is not working. Any ideas on a specific Dehu I should get?

IMG 8956
IMG 8955
IMG 8909
IMG 8908
CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I have a few questions about my AC unit and thermostats.
Im running a 5ton york with a zonemaster connecting to 4 zones. All the thermostats are on wall in the room, and I wanted to know if there is a remote sensor that can placed in center of room to get reading from there instead of wall.
Also is it possible to install Nest thermostats on ordinary thermostat gauge?

The rooms are sealed 12wx16wx12h.
6k. Non aircooled.

The blueprint controller image is just an idea of part of my setup. Each room though has an ordinary thermostat, which is only connected to zonemaster. Can it be connected to blueprint sensor? Does the Nest Thermostat have better algorithms to control temp/humid?

Im having a real problem with Temps at night being low and Humidity being high. Im running a 30pint dehu in the room but it definately is not working. Any ideas on a specific Dehu I should get?

Remote sensor depends on make and model of stat. Not super familiar with Nest stats but I know they use standard stat wire. Can not directly connect the a/c to the Blueprint controller. Should have at least 60-90 pint dehumidication capabilities.

V

vino

Remote sensor depends on make and model of stat. Not super familiar with Nest stats but I know they use standard stat wire. Can not directly connect the a/c to the Blueprint controller. Should have at least 60-90 pint dehumidication capabilities.
Ill take a picture of the stat tom. Now if i wanted to switch out stat one that works with a sensor , would you have a recommendation on what setup to use?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Ill take a picture of the stat tom. Now if i wanted to switch out stat one that works with a sensor , would you have a recommendation on what setup to use?

Yes I would. Can not remember the brand . Been smoking. Will get you info soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom