Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
blazer

blazer

If I remember right goodman started using copeland compressors in there A/C which is a big plus, just like anything sometimes the harbor freight tool will work for you perfectly with no issues and then sometimes they fight you all the way not making it worth the cheaper price but sometimes it does!

sixstring

sixstring

He slapped a low ambient kit on my compressor and when the fan shuts down this thing is real fuckin quiet, and not too bad at full blast.to me it looks like they added some insulation around the compressor and even other areas to make these a bit more stealth.

blazer

blazer

Yup need a low ambient for the winter time they also have compressor blanket which is just a insulation cover that goes over compressor which dampens the noise quit a bit sounds like yours may have it already

P

pizzlestubs1

So I ended up adding another 36,000 btu mini split to the room and now I can get the temp down to 65 with the lights on full 1k and all equipment running. Thanks for all the help!

P

pizzlestubs1

For a 10,000 watt 12 x 24 room sealed non air cooled lights what a/c mini split would you recommend.

Golfpuck

Golfpuck

How much AC is needed:
Sealed room is 24'x24' with 10' ceilings.
17k bare bulb verts, co2 burner. Ballasts are mounted outside of room.
Want to use conventional AC units (no mini's, no window shakers).

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Listen up guys. My recommendations for cooling is 4000 btus per hr per 1000 watt light that is properly air cooled. And 6000 btus per hour for 1000 watt that isn't air cooled. So this is 3 lights per ton if you air cool. And 2 lights per ton if you don't air cool. I recommend Mitshubushi Mr Slim mini splits if you want to go that route and York residential or commercial equipment if you want something else. Mr Slim only goes up to 3 tons. I've been getting a bunch of questions concerning so I'm reposting this info.

Offdarips

Offdarips

Gree mini splits work great, they come with Mitshubushi compressors. There a lot cheaper with 7 year warranty.

mclovin707

mclovin707

Hey guys new here. Just bought a new 3 ton Samsung smart inverter mini split. Im running 6000 watts with ballasts in room and air cooled hoods. 20' x 10 foot main room. The room is cooling fine but the circulation fan constantly runs even when lights are off. In running it in cool mode.

Was hoping someone on here has the same mini split and can give me some input on there ac setup to make it as energy efficient as possible and possibly not have it run the circulation fan constantly. Trying to reduce wear and tear on the unit also.

Can I setup an external thermostat that will shut it off when it reaches temp or do I have to let the mini split control itself?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey guys new here. Just bought a new 3 ton Samsung smart inverter mini split. Im running 6000 watts with ballasts in room and air cooled hoods. 20' x 10 foot main room. The room is cooling fine but the circulation fan constantly runs even when lights are off. In running it in cool mode.

Was hoping someone on here has the same mini split and can give me some input on there ac setup to make it as energy efficient as possible and possibly not have it run the circulation fan constantly. Trying to reduce wear and tear on the unit also.

Can I setup an external thermostat that will shut it off when it reaches temp or do I have to let the mini split control itself?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Check with Samsung to see if they make an external thermostat. Can't use just any stat. Read ur manual. See if there is a fan auto button on ur remote. If there is put fan in auto and it will only run when it needs to cool. It only costs pennies to run that fan. I wouldn't worry too much.

mclovin707

mclovin707

Thanks for the reply I'll try the auto setting. Im limited on ceiling height and where the wall unit is at it blows into 1 of my hoods. Its the only place I could put the indoor unit. I think its blowing back at the ac some and causing the attached thermostat to not read correctly. Do most of the mini splits have a internal tthermostat reading the air being pulled into the indoor unit?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Thanks for the reply I'll try the auto setting. Im limited on ceiling height and where the wall unit is at it blows into 1 of my hoods. Its the only place I could put the indoor unit. I think its blowing back at the ac some and causing the attached thermostat to not read correctly. Do most of the mini splits have a internal tthermostat reading the air being pulled into the indoor unit?

It probably is doing that. Yes on the internal temp sensor. Contact Samsung for remote stat.

The Terps

The Terps

I am reporting this here cause it is more appropriate

Hey farm this is just an idea and I am looking for hopefully positive reinforcement since I don't know anyone utilizing this style grow.

So 2 identical six light sealed rooms(gavita,epap,nano,any new de fixture) really one big room with a wall to separate. Running the rooms on a flip box or what ever one room is on while the other is off. On that wall separating the two rooms put two 8-12" fans one pushing air in and one out or what ever size or number of fans needed you think it would take to cycle the air depending on room size in my head I like to think of a 20x22x12 but irrelevant.

So my theory is that if you had enough air exchange between the two rooms you would see a couple benefits. But I due realize all environment related equipment will work a little harder/longer than normal. So these are the key issues I am focused on exploiting

1. Down size from two(one in each room) 3 ton mini splits to two 2 tons due to cool air of the off room cooling the on room
2. Down size dehumidifier from two(one in each room) 155+pint to two 105's due to the lights burning off a bit of humidity for each room all the time
3. More consistent day night temps

If you don't think that 1 2 3 won't work do you think it would still be worth while connecting the two rooms via fans

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I am reporting this here cause it is more appropriate

Hey farm this is just an idea and I am looking for hopefully positive reinforcement since I don't know anyone utilizing this style grow.

So 2 identical six light sealed rooms(gavita,epap,nano,any new de fixture) really one big room with a wall to separate. Running the rooms on a flip box or what ever one room is on while the other is off. On that wall separating the two rooms put two 8-12" fans one pushing air in and one out or what ever size or number of fans needed you think it would take to cycle the air depending on room size in my head I like to think of a 20x22x12 but irrelevant.

So my theory is that if you had enough air exchange between the two rooms you would see a couple benefits. But I due realize all environment related equipment will work a little harder/longer than normal. So these are the key issues I am focused on exploiting

1. Down size from two(one in each room) 3 ton mini splits to two 2 tons due to cool air of the off room cooling the on room
2. Down size dehumidifier from two(one in each room) 155+pint to two 105's due to the lights burning off a bit of humidity for each room all the time
3. More consistent day night temps

If you don't think that 1 2 3 won't work do you think it would still be worth while connecting the two rooms via fans

It can work. That many 12 inch fans is too much. Probably only need 2 fans. Definitely no more than 3. I wouldn't do it because if you're running CO2 it'll mix in off cycle room which is a waste. Also I don't think there are any real advantages. As a matter of fact I think your equipment will run more not less. Plus you have more mechanical equipment ( 12 inch fans) to fail and cause problems. Just my opinion. Basically what u describe is a lung room.

S

Swerv

So I live in a Pacific Northwest coastal climate where rh generally is in the 60-80% and temps are generally mild summers average around 60-70 degrees winters are 30-55 degrees give or take. I have a north facing garage with two rooms one is 8x16 feet with 7 600w lights (flowering 12hr) the other is 10x10 feet with 4 600w lights (veg 18hr). Both rooms have 9 foot ceilings. My question is how big of a mini would I need to cool both zones ? Can I get a unit that can control both rooms? I've seen the multi room mini's online, is this a feasible option? Also the ballests would also be in the rooms that I'm trying to cool. I'd like to go the sealed rout and stop venting my hoods. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks !!

X

xoddah

So I live in a Pacific Northwest coastal climate where rh generally is in the 60-80% and temps are generally mild summers average around 60-70 degrees winters are 30-55 degrees give or take. I have a north facing garage with two rooms one is 8x16 feet with 7 600w lights (flowering 12hr) the other is 10x10 feet with 4 600w lights (veg 18hr). Both rooms have 9 foot ceilings. My question is how big of a mini would I need to cool both zones ? Can I get a unit that can control both rooms? I've seen the multi room mini's online, is this a feasible option? Also the ballests would also be in the rooms that I'm trying to cool. I'd like to go the sealed rout and stop venting my hoods. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks !!

Look at Craigs list portland, search walk in coolers, guy in north portland, he buys sells and repairs walk in coolers / freezers, used. I spent 1500.00 total this thing is the real deal i run through my climate controller and keep temps perfect, humidity perfect 12 1000k take a look"rooms " he has available, cheap. air tight, doors included any size any shape im looking at a 24 x 24 removed from a grocery store JUST an option

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Look at Craigs list portland, search walk in coolers, guy in north portland, he buys sells and repairs walk in coolers / freezers, used. I spent 1500.00 total this thing is the real deal i run through my climate controller and keep temps perfect, humidity perfect 12 1000k take a look"rooms " he has available, cheap. air tight, doors included any size any shape im looking at a 24 x 24 removed from a grocery store JUST an option

That's a great idea but he still needs cooling.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Yes you can get multizone minis. I would do a 3 ton which is the biggest reasonably priced option or do a regular residential 4 ton unit with zone controls. Either way get it professionally installed. The residential unit gives a little cushion on cooling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom