Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

xoddah

That's a great idea but he still needs cooling.
Im sorry i was not specific He sells any part of systems, I bought just the mechanical, compressor / evaporator, fans ducting etc. I do not have the insulated "room" i mentioned. the cooler... works great
6 ton capacity, i believe, without looking.. anyway works great for me. good luck

treereek

treereek

So it doesn't dehumidify? It just cools and humidify? Would love to see pix.

S

Swerv

Yes you can get multizone minis. I would do a 3 ton which is the biggest reasonably priced option or do a regular residential 4 ton unit with zone controls. Either way get it professionally installed. The residential unit gives a little cushion on cooling.
Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated.
Taking it further, you said "cushion" by that do you mean that the 3 ton may have to be overworked to keep the zone cool. If so/not so does the mini splits or the residential end up being the better option. Rarely (like maybe 10 times a year) does this area see temps above 80 degrees as the highs and the lights would be primarily on during night time hours 7 pm 7 am for flower and the veg on from 6 pm to 12pm. Cost is kind of a factor and I like the smaller footprint of the minis.
If I go the mini rout, I have been kicking around the idea of re-configuring my rooms and possibley just running one room 12x20 with 10 of the 600s and a smaller 4x8 with the last 600. Do yall think that a 3 ton mini would "like" cooling a zone set up that way verses trying to get a mini with dual zone and trying to cool the situation I described in my previous question ?

Was thinking professional installation from the get go...

Thanks again ... Awesome thread :)

dankninja

dankninja

howdy. tryin to cool a vertitube I built, 2 1K hids, and I have a room ac I have converted to accept 6" ducting. any possible fatigue/expansion/damage from this kind of setup cooling the cooltubes? everyone else uses fans...... I've never personally cooled a hot hid bulb with an air conditioner, just curious if I'm gonna cause a fire etc. thanks

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated.
Taking it further, you said "cushion" by that do you mean that the 3 ton may have to be overworked to keep the zone cool. If so/not so does the mini splits or the residential end up being the better option. Rarely (like maybe 10 times a year) does this area see temps above 80 degrees as the highs and the lights would be primarily on during night time hours 7 pm 7 am for flower and the veg on from 6 pm to 12pm. Cost is kind of a factor and I like the smaller footprint of the minis.
If I go the mini rout, I have been kicking around the idea of re-configuring my rooms and possibley just running one room 12x20 with 10 of the 600s and a smaller 4x8 with the last 600. Do yall think that a 3 ton mini would "like" cooling a zone set up that way verses trying to get a mini with dual zone and trying to cool the situation I described in my previous question ?

Was thinking professional installation from the get go...

Thanks again ... Awesome thread :)

Yes cushion is extra cooling. Based upon your daytime highs, 3 tons should be plenty if ur room is insulated properly. A dual zone unit is a lot more cost.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

howdy. tryin to cool a vertitube I built, 2 1K hids, and I have a room ac I have converted to accept 6" ducting. any possible fatigue/expansion/damage from this kind of setup cooling the cooltubes? everyone else uses fans...... I've never personally cooled a hot hid bulb with an air conditioner, just curious if I'm gonna cause a fire etc. thanks

The a/c will probably work hard but shouldn't be a fire or anything like that. Only problem I see is the a/c thermostat is in the unit. Are u installing some other controller to control a/c?

S

Swerv

Yes cushion is extra cooling. Based upon your daytime highs, 3 tons should be plenty if ur room is insulated properly. A dual zone unit is a lot more cost.
Copy copy... Bet you can guess my next question lol...can you recommend a solid 3 ton single zone mini ? Thanks for the help

T

Tylrr420

Hey CJ. Wow there is a ton of awesome info on this thread. I'm sure I missed it somewhere... But I was wondering if there is a simple rule of thumb for how many btu is required for 1k light vented vs 1k light unvented. For example I have a 36 btu aura and am currently running 6k vented no prob. I want to add 3 600 OR 1000s (if possible) verticals. Also I seen that u said minisplits will run 15 degrees and lower. Should I keep on the forecast and shut my minisplit off I see temps below 15? Could it fuck my condenser up if it gets to cold and I leave it on? ( I have a portable that keeps up in winter but I don't like using it as it is an energy hog.) also auras website says it will cool 8k of lights but doesn't mention if that's barebulb or not

J

JMiller420

Well it appears that my thread disappeared from the forum during the server change. So here goes a new one. Ask away about your grow room a/c questions.

Hey man hows it going, im trying to build out a flowering chamber but im trying to figure out how much space the chamber should have and how much ac i should be using in order to keep it at the right temperature(76 -78 degrese F is what im shooting for),. if you could give me the right dementions for a 4 light ,6 light and 8 light flowering chamber in order to keep it at the right temp it would be super helpful and greatly appreciated,.. im going for 2 week veg (veg room is seperate) then scroging it in the flowering chamber ,going to be using 1000 watt hps open(no lense) hoods each light will be covering a 4x4 area...also should i use ventalation on the hoods if theres no lense?thanks very much for your time ,the help is needed and appreciated !

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey CJ. Wow there is a ton of awesome info on this thread. I'm sure I missed it somewhere... But I was wondering if there is a simple rule of thumb for how many btu is required for 1k light vented vs 1k light unvented. For example I have a 36 btu aura and am currently running 6k vented no prob. I want to add 3 600 OR 1000s (if possible) verticals. Also I seen that u said minisplits will run 15 degrees and lower. Should I keep on the forecast and shut my minisplit off I see temps below 15? Could it fuck my condenser up if it gets to cold and I leave it on? ( I have a portable that keeps up in winter but I don't like using it as it is an energy hog.) also auras website says it will cool 8k of lights but doesn't mention if that's barebulb or not

4000 btus per hour for 1k of vented lights and 6000 for 1k unvented is what I use. Your unit can run under any temperture but it will have cooling issues below what ever temp its designed to run.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey man hows it going, im trying to build out a flowering chamber but im trying to figure out how much space the chamber should have and how much ac i should be using in order to keep it at the right temperature(76 -78 degrese F is what im shooting for),. if you could give me the right dementions for a 4 light ,6 light and 8 light flowering chamber in order to keep it at the right temp it would be super helpful and greatly appreciated,.. im going for 2 week veg (veg room is seperate) then scroging it in the flowering chamber ,going to be using 1000 watt hps open(no lense) hoods each light will be covering a 4x4 area...also should i use ventalation on the hoods if theres no lense?thanks very much for your time ,the help is needed and appreciated !

I don't do room sizing. But I recommend 6000 btus per hour per 1k unvented lights. So 4 lights need 2 tons of cooling, 6 lights need 3 tons, and 8 lights need 4 tons.

J

JMiller420

I don't do room sizing. But I recommend 6000 btus per hour per 1k unvented lights. So 4 lights need 2 tons of cooling, 6 lights need 3 tons, and 8 lights need 4 tons.
thanks a lot for the info!,..and the size of the room dosnt effect the temp? example,.. would a 6 light setup in a 15x20 be harder to get the right temp then a 6 light setup in a 20x25?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

thanks a lot for the info!,..and the size of the room dosnt effect the temp? example,.. would a 6 light setup in a 15x20 be harder to get the right temp then a 6 light setup in a 20x25?

Bigger room a bit harder to cool but I have enough room in my calculations for either size IMO.

J

JMiller420

Bigger room a bit harder to cool but I have enough room in my calculations for either size IMO.
got another quick one for ya haha,.. theres a lot of ceiling hieght ,..if i were to build 2 chambers 1 stacked on top of the other would that effect the heat in one chamber or the other at all?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

got another quick one for ya haha,.. theres a lot of ceiling hieght ,..if i were to build 2 chambers 1 stacked on top of the other would that effect the heat in one chamber or the other at all?

The higher u go the hotter it is.

dankninja

dankninja

The a/c will probably work hard but shouldn't be a fire or anything like that. Only problem I see is the a/c thermostat is in the unit. Are u installing some other controller to control a/c?
it has a thermostat in unit, and a timer, I would add a controller to it, but worried about the gfci on the ac plug. If it doesnt work up to spec ill just do two 6" centrifugals

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

it has a thermostat in unit, and a timer, I would add a controller to it, but worried about the gfci on the ac plug. If it doesnt work up to spec ill just do two 6" centrifugals

Won't work properly without proper zoning controls.

dexfarm

dexfarm

Hey CJ, just wondering with your 6000 btu per 1000 watt light calculation, does that include the ballast in the room or not? And if so how much will that number reduce to if ballasts were outside room? And also what about co2 generation, was that factored in the equation? Using tanks would not increase btu requirements i would think.
Thanks for all the info on this thread, i tried to find the answers reading as much as i can here but 54 pages takes me a while.
Cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom