Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

@WalterWhiteFire for it to work as a supplement, you just put the swamp cooler completely inside the air-conditioned room (a portable)- not outside the room right? And it doesn't matter if you're in the always dry desert Southwest desert because the swamp unit is always running inside a room that will have lowered humidity because a normal air conditioner is already drying out the air in the room somewhat? What would the predictable temperatures and humidity be for it to make sense to do this supplement? Or does it not matter?

After looking at the chart some more, I think you're saying you're putting the swamp cooler on the outside of the room because the room is in a region that has very dry conditions sometimes correct?

Last edited:
WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I'm using it inside my room as a humidifier. I co2 enrich and live in a high desert climate. I was running into serious VPD issues when my RH was below 30% with the ac and HIDs running. Humidifiers could bearly bump it 40%. Threw a $250 stand up evap unit from HD, and my room is fucking tropical. Win win, take 5 degrees of heat load off the AC and be able to dial in the RH exactly where I need it. That chart is awesome, and should be stickied somewhere!

blazer

blazer

View attachment 494231

@WalterWhiteFire for it to work as a supplement, you just put the swamp cooler completely inside the air-conditioned room (a portable)- not outside the room right? And it doesn't matter if you're in the always dry desert Southwest desert because the swamp unit is always running inside a room that will have lowered humidity because a normal air conditioner is already drying out the air in the room somewhat? What would the predictable temperatures and humidity be for it to make sense to do this supplement? Or does it not matter?

After looking at the chart some more, I think you're saying you're putting the swamp cooler on the outside of the room because the room is in a region that has very dry conditions sometimes correct?
He's using it As a supplement for humidity a humidifier on steroids!

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I'm using it inside my room as a humidifier. I co2 enrich and live in a high desert climate. I was running into serious VPD issues when my RH was below 30% with the ac and HIDs running. Humidifiers could bearly bump it 40%. Threw a $250 stand up evap unit from HD, and my room is fucking tropical. Win win, take 5 degrees of heat load off the AC and be able to dial in the RH exactly where I need it. That chart is awesome, and should be stickied somewhere!

A great use of an evap cooler.

blazer

blazer

Humidistat its a cheapy has normally open and normally closed terminal and a common my humidifier will go to N.O. and my dehumidifier will go to N.C. This particular stat will only handle 4.2Amps 120v so will only work on small stuff perfect for small closet or tent type grows, plan on adding a 2x4 box with outlets for my humidifier and dehumidifier

R

reddwood

Hello CJ,

I have a 9'x9' grow room planned and will be using three 4'x4' stations and a 4'x2' veg station for smaller plants, all with LED lighting.
I live in east county down in SD so our summers are pretty hot. The room is an outside insulated wooden shed. 8' gable ceiling peak, 6.5' walls

I was wondering what your thoughts on what size mini-split I would need? I was thinking 12,000-18,000 BTUs but don't have enough
experience or knowledge myself to be confident in a pick.

I also am looking to install a mounted unit in my livingroom/kitchen connected room. 450 sqft total in that area. Was thinking 18,000-24,000 BTUs
needed for that area, so was just thinking of a 18+18 or 18+24 dual-zone unit. Am I correct in assuming the cooling power needed?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hello CJ,

I have a 9'x9' grow room planned and will be using three 4'x4' stations and a 4'x2' veg station for smaller plants, all with LED lighting.
I live in east county down in SD so our summers are pretty hot. The room is an outside insulated wooden shed. 8' gable ceiling peak, 6.5' walls

I was wondering what your thoughts on what size mini-split I would need? I was thinking 12,000-18,000 BTUs but don't have enough
experience or knowledge myself to be confident in a pick.

I also am looking to install a mounted unit in my livingroom/kitchen connected room. 450 sqft total in that area. Was thinking 18,000-24,000 BTUs
needed for that area, so was just thinking of a 18+18 or 18+24 dual-zone unit. Am I correct in assuming the cooling power needed?

We are neighbors (sorta). I live in San Diego north county. For the living area a 12-15000 unit should be good. The shed is a different animal. Hard to say without knowing a bit more. Need total wattage of LEDs and R value of insulation in shed. If needed or wanted I could do install, get HVAC equipment, etc. Just letting u know.

R

reddwood

We are neighbors (sorta). I live in San Diego north county. For the living area a 12-15000 unit should be good. The shed is a different animal. Hard to say without knowing a bit more. Need total wattage of LEDs and R value of insulation in shed. If needed or wanted I could do install, get HVAC equipment, etc. Just letting u know.
Total wattage of all lights will be ~1400-1600w.
R13 insulation. The shed sits in the shade all day, only 2-3 hours of somewhat direct sun 6mos. out of the year March-Sept/oct.
Good to know about the 12k-15k you recommend for the living area

That's a kind offer, CJ, I'd defo be interested in contacting you about acquiring equipment and install.
Is there any way we can exchange e-mails? I'm unsure if I have enough posts to message you

DapperDon

DapperDon

We are neighbors (sorta). I live in San Diego north county.
That is too fun. I have a place out near La Jolla that I like to get away to a few times a year. Looks like I got just the guy to call for all of my AC work out there.

Top Bottom