Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I need 9 tons in a sealed room. I have 6-7k to spend. Suggestions?

Get another 6-7k or go buy China stuff and install yourself. Unless you have a good hook up on equipment, it will be hard to do.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

9 tons of air is a easy 6-7k in equipment if you use decent stuff. 4k for a 5 ton is working for wages. Cheap shit never pays off. I bet you could get 9 tons of China mini splits from a hydro shop for around that price

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
I can upfrade units after a few rounds if I need to. I'm honestly just looking for a few 3 ton mini split units to get me by for now. Any suggestions?

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

@Surfr I have the 1.5ton version of this:
It's been working quite well. Definitely a Chinese unit but has the best warranty I've seen on one (7yrs on the compressor, 5 on parts) it's under $2k and if you pick it up at the shipping distribtor instead of getting the lift gate service it'll save another couple bucks.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I charge about $4500 for a 5 ton York split system installed. That's minimal mark up. All depends on install. No duct work cause it's not needed in almost all cases.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Reformatting my room yet again.

I have no place for a mini split.

Currently.i use a 14k btu single hose ac. I have it inside my flower room which uses the cold air to help make.more cold air. I placed it outside the wall to use 79* lung room air and it can't cool my.room enough, so I put it back inside the flower room.

Would a dual hose work better for the option of placing the dual hose in the lung room so it's not sucking out cold air from the flower room?

Basically what in wondering is this,
A single hose uses the cool room air to help the single hose work normally, and sucks out same said cool air out the exhaust . Since a dual hose uses "outside air", can it work like I want it? Dual hose on the other side of the flower room, duct thru wall into flower room. All air in flower room gets recirculating and out scrubber.

I'm not quite sure I typed out how I'm thinking.

MSH

MSH

Anyone here know of a store that ships splits internationally? Or maybe just know of a few stores that sell splits and I can check for myself if they ship?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Reformatting my room yet again.

I have no place for a mini split.

Currently.i use a 14k btu single hose ac. I have it inside my flower room which uses the cold air to help make.more cold air. I placed it outside the wall to use 79* lung room air and it can't cool my.room enough, so I put it back inside the flower room.

Would a dual hose work better for the option of placing the dual hose in the lung room so it's not sucking out cold air from the flower room?

Basically what in wondering is this,
A single hose uses the cool room air to help the single hose work normally, and sucks out same said cool air out the exhaust . Since a dual hose uses "outside air", can it work like I want it? Dual hose on the other side of the flower room, duct thru wall into flower room. All air in flower room gets recirculating and out scrubber.

I'm not quite sure I typed out how I'm thinking.

Double hose should always be better.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I ran the exact same dual hose in a previous sealed, co2 room (8x12x7) with 3x600 and could barely keep under 77. Ac was inside the room, and did create some neg pressure. Panda walls were sucking in. Not catastrophic, but noticable. No issues from it being like that.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
@Surfr I have the 1.5ton version of this:
It's been working quite well. Definitely a Chinese unit but has the best warranty I've seen on one (7yrs on the compressor, 5 on parts) it's under $2k and if you pick it up at the shipping distribtor instead of getting the lift gate service it'll save another couple bucks.

Funny you mention the MrCool units, I was at a shop yesterday looking at those. I can get three of the 3 ton units out the door for $5400...

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Nice! Let me know if you figure out how to integrate them into an environmental controller. The wifi-controlled app lets you automatically set it for a night time temp but it only works for 8hrs...

mclovin707

mclovin707

Hey guys getting ready to start flowering in my new room. I am currently running 6k double ended ac DE hoods. Running a 100pint dehuey in room. All ballasts are outside the room.

Here's my issue have a brand newmitsubishi 48000 btu mini split with 2 24000 btu indoor units 1 on each side of room. This should be plenty of coolingpower. I did a test run today because itwas about 90 degrees out and wanted to make sure I could get the room ice cold if need be with lights on. This is the first time I have fired up the ac with the lights on. Room spiked up to about 92 degrees.The room is fully sealed and insulated as well as double rock and sound proofed.Has a concrete floor too. I'm beginning towonder if my HVAC guys screwed up on the install. Not enough refrigerant???Any thoughts from an HVAC guy inhere???

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey guys getting ready to start flowering in my new room. I am currently running 6k double ended ac DE hoods. Running a 100pint dehuey in room. All ballasts are outside the room.

Here's my issue have a brand newmitsubishi 48000 btu mini split with 2 24000 btu indoor units 1 on each side of room. This should be plenty of coolingpower. I did a test run today because itwas about 90 degrees out and wanted to make sure I could get the room ice cold if need be with lights on. This is the first time I have fired up the ac with the lights on. Room spiked up to about 92 degrees.The room is fully sealed and insulated as well as double rock and sound proofed.Has a concrete floor too. I'm beginning towonder if my HVAC guys screwed up on the install. Not enough refrigerant???Any thoughts from an HVAC guy inhere???

Bad install. That unit should be able to cool 8-9 kW with no problem (maintain canopy at 78-80F where most people want it)

B

boom21

Hey John, Thanks for being so helpful on here. I have a 28x28x10 sealed room with 20 gavitas. I am using 2 separate 5 ton tempstars. I was wondering what the pros/cons of putting the airhandler directly in the room hanging from the ceiling or placing the airhandler on top of the room and ducting the circulating air. I have one room with the airhandlers inside the room already and it seems to be affecting the RH alot compared to my past rooms where I ducted in the air with the airhandlers on top of the rooms. Thanks in advance!

Brandonb

Brandonb

Hey john i have a 13×20ft sealed room running 10000w thru 8in vented hoods have one daiken mini split with a heat pump also have a inverter for back up with both condensate lines goin outside problem is my outake is pulling air thru the confensate lines causing a reverse flow of the condensation so instead of it draining outside its leaking from the inside unit into the grow room it also shuts the system off not sure if its shorting the system out or wat i have an 8in outake fan blowing the bad air out side and a intake that is bringing air in from a middle room with no fan on it just a damper the lights are vented by 2 8in inline that are vented out into the middle room and then vented outside the middle room which is just a work space which also has a intake to bring in fresh air so that it releives pressure from the air thats being pulled from the grow room

Brandonb

Brandonb

How do i make a p trap with flex hose the condensate hose is outside will this freeze

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

What did you use for soundproofing?

BonMassacre

BonMassacre

Hello everyone! New here. Setting up my first grow and I want an opinion on portable AC units for a small bedroom? I relatively keep the house at 69 degrees and will be using a grow tent in a room at the front of my house. Worried about my furry little friend invading the grow room, I am opting to keep the door closed but worried about too much heat from the exhaust.
Don't have ability to have the duct hanging out of a window so I am deciding on a portable unit that can fit my budget. Does anyone have experience with 3 in ones? It's an Evaporate cooler that is also a fan and humidifier? I already have a humidifier but keeping the room cool, especially since fall just hit and I will be needing to turn the heat up a bit in the home is making me a bit worried about my first grow.

Provided a link to what I'm talking about... Thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/NewAir-AF-31...1475713311&sr=8-3&keywords=evaporative+cooler

Top Bottom