Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoomGada

DoomGada

It depends on how much air you want per light per minute. You will need that number and info about fan you are using to figure this out properly.
I believe the cfm's would be 896 , but I don't know how to determine the resistance based on hood size(in this case 6")

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Hey CJ, Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm getting my supplies ready to clean my mini split. My mini split is an ideal air 12,000 btu and has that blue coating on the fins.
I've looked around and haven't seen many companies that sell aircon wash bags and cleaner besides airconcare from singapore. I'm not really keen on paying 80 bucks for a wash bag and the cleaner, but the cleaner sounds pretty good. Apparently it is formulated to not erode the blue coating on the blades. Do you have any experience with their products?
I also have 2 products from ACE, the foam n' clean original "brown" condenser coil cleaner and brightener, and the evap-klean non rinse evaporator coil cleaner. Could I just use these instead to clean my mini split and outdoor compressor and just double up a couple of contractor bags as a make shift aircon wash bag? I wasn't sure if they'd erode the blue coating.
Thanks for all the help, both past and present!

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey CJ, Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm getting my supplies ready to clean my mini split. My mini split is an ideal air 12,000 btu and has that blue coating on the fins.
I've looked around and haven't seen many companies that sell aircon wash bags and cleaner besides airconcare from singapore. I'm not really keen on paying 80 bucks for a wash bag and the cleaner, but the cleaner sounds pretty good. Apparently it is formulated to not erode the blue coating on the blades. Do you have any experience with their products?
I also have 2 products from ACE, the foam n' clean original "brown" condenser coil cleaner and brightener, and the evap-klean non rinse evaporator coil cleaner. Could I just use these instead to clean my mini split and outdoor compressor and just double up a couple of contractor bags as a make shift aircon wash bag? I wasn't sure if they'd erode the blue coating.
Thanks for all the help, both past and present!

I am not familiar with that product from Aircon. The other products from ACE should work just fine. I typically use just water to clean both unless they are very dirty. I also disassemble the indoor unit. I understand that is not all possible for DIY.

coloradro

coloradro

Need some pointers on a dependable dehumidifier for my room... I am running high 50s and low 60s and I wanna get the RH in check.... got 6k in a sealed room with bottled co2 and am running an 24k btu Mini split that does some of the work but not enough for late flowering stages

Dro

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Need some pointers on a dependable dehumidifier for my room... I am running high 50s and low 60s and I wanna get the RH in check.... got 6k in a sealed room with bottled co2 and am running an 24k btu Mini split that does some of the work but not enough for late flowering stages

Dro

I use 2-35 pint per residential type dehueys from Sears or something like that. Try one and see how it does.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Nothing in particular. Might want to make sure that u can do external hookup for condensate so u can use a bigger bucket or Rez than what comes with the unit.
Hey John, what's the adequate amount of CFMs needed per 1000 watts?

Thanks

Also, I have a 2 ton mini split that is shutting itself off; what would generally cause this? Anything I could check out while waiting for my HVAC guy to come through...

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey John, what's the adequate amount of CFMs needed per 1000 watts?

Thanks

Also, I have a 2 ton mini split that is shutting itself off; what would generally cause this? Anything I could check out while waiting for my HVAC guy to come through...

Cfms of a/c or outside air ? Can't really help u with troubleshooting ur unit. Your guy will need to get code that is shutting it down. Somewhere on indoor and/or outdoor unit is a blinking light that will help him troubleshoot it.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Cfms of a/c or outside air ? Can't really help u with troubleshooting ur unit. Your guy will need to get code that is shutting it down. Somewhere on indoor and/or outdoor unit is a blinking light that will help him troubleshoot it.
Sorry for not specifying.... Meant CFMs for inline fans...

namedul

namedul

Dro
costco has 60pint dehu for 190 i was told.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Hey John,

Wondering if you had any ideas...

My hvac came out and tested everything which all seems to be on par so we're having a hard time diagnosing this problem. My AC randomly shuts down, just as it would if I used the remote. Is it possible for a signal from another wireless/remote device to be interfering, like say from a garage door opener or from my digital ballasts?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey John,

Wondering if you had any ideas...

My hvac came out and tested everything which all seems to be on par so we're having a hard time diagnosing this problem. My AC randomly shuts down, just as it would if I used the remote. Is it possible for a signal from another wireless/remote device to be interfering, like say from a garage door opener or from my digital ballasts?

Possible but I don't believe likely. No error codes? What brand and model numbers of inside and outside unit?

C

Chuckleberry

Howdy John,

A few years back i took your advice on other threads and bought a few of the 2 ton Mitsubishi M series mini split, I love them they work GREAT here during the winter months in Michigan, it works below zero which crazy as it may seem, I ran it all winter.
The only drawback was setting the weekly timer, pain in the azz. If only there were a way to hook it up to my Sentinel CHHC-4.
Well I am building a place for a friend and wondered if there is anything similar to this Mitsubishi mini split that can be more friendly with controllers like a night day temp control or a thermostat that can be remotely controlled? Perhaps Fujitsu? Or should i stick with the ones I know work?
I have my contractor working on pricing for me on these same units, I wanted a 2 Ton dual zone but he said they don't make a dual zone that is M series, one that ill run in the cold down to zero. The dual one he said they have would only work down to 20-30 degrees.

Any thoughts on cooling two 10x10 rooms with 4k watts on a flip and a dehumidifier in each? Whats your thoughts on air cooled hoods in sealed rooms?

Thanks for any advice, I really appreciate all your postings, I have read many over the course of the past several years and here you are still helping those that ask.

Wish you lived closer I would have you do the work.

Chuck

Top Bottom