Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pookie

What brand mini split
Thermocore ...it is a refurbished Mitsubishi

What size room? And brand of mini split? I would to worry about the drop to 70F with lights out. This is a 10-12 degree drop which most growers like. Also where are u measuring temp to see it drop?

Thermocore ....its a refurbished Mitsubishi I bought it off of eBay ..yes that is my main concern has been having major effect in my room....I have a thermometer about pot height then on conpy height and one on top of my co2 ...the one pot level only reaches 76 the canopy one is reaching 80 ..the all reach as low as 70 tho

P

pookie

room size is 13 x13 the celling st low point is at 10 but as high as 13 feet...the lights are in 3 rows of 3 I have only had them up to 600 watts tho

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

The sensor in the indoor unit could be off. It's way too hard to tell without seeing the room. The only Thermocore I've seen doesn't look like a Mitshbushi. My guess is someone is trying to cash in on Mitsubushi's fame. I would suspect the unit is less than stellar in quality.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

hello john I'm planning on a build right now I'm in the northeast going to run 8 1000w adjust a wing reflectors with co2 hydrogen water cooled
Going to have ballast inside same room from size is 8' wide 30' long and ceiling is about 15' what do you recommend as far as cooling goes?
fyi i called Excel air they told me 2.5 or 3 ton of cooling for non cooled lights they stated that they want their compressor to run all the time as cycling on & off could fry the compressor your thoughts on that. if mini split is the way to go 1 inside unit or 2. winters here are brutal last winter we had record breaking windchill-22 and summers are hot 6 heat waves of 3+ days in the 95+ with the humidy feels like 105+ thanks PS might upgrade to 10 lights not sure maybe not lol

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

hello john I'm planning on a build right now I'm in the northeast going to run 8 1000w adjust a wing reflectors with co2 hydrogen water cooled
Going to have ballast inside same room from size is 8' wide 30' long and ceiling is about 15' what do you recommend as far as cooling goes?
fyi i called Excel air they told me 2.5 or 3 ton of cooling for non cooled lights they stated that they want their compressor to run all the time as cycling on & off could fry the compressor your thoughts on that. if mini split is the way to go 1 inside unit or 2. winters here are brutal last winter we had record breaking windchill-22 and summers are hot 6 heat waves of 3+ days in the 95+ with the humidy feels like 105+ thanks PS might upgrade to 10 lights not sure maybe not lol

4 tons split into 2-2 ton Mitshbushi mini splits. Excel air is overpriced junk. The mini splits are inverters so they do soft starts on compressor which reduces wear on compressor. Also with 2 units if one breaks the other one can keep at least 1/2 of the lights on until u can get broken one repaired. If you want install a 3 ton and a 2 ton so you have cooling for 10-12 lights.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

4 tons split into 2-2 ton Mitshbushi mini splits. Excel air is overpriced junk. The mini splits are inverters so they do soft starts on compressor which reduces wear on compressor. Also with 2 units if one breaks the other one can keep at least 1/2 of the lights on until u can get broken one repaired. If you want install a 3 ton and a 2 ton so you have cooling for 10-12 lights.
thanks john i was thinking about maybe a trans or york 5 ton with air handler what do you think i think it would be cheaper then 2 mini splits thanks

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

thanks john i was thinking about maybe a trans or york 5 ton with air handler what do you think i think it would be cheaper then 2 mini splits thanks

Stay with the mini splits. They operate at a colder temp out of the box. No Trane either (over priced IMO).

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Stay with the mini splits. They operate at a colder temp out of the box. No Trane either (over priced IMO).
thanks which model do you recommend with low ambient temp 3 ton and 2 ton
also i am going to need another mini split 2 zone one for veg and drying room thanks for all the info

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

thanks which model do you recommend with low ambient temp 3 ton and 2 ton
also i am going to need another mini split 2 zone one for veg and drying room thanks for all the info

Go to acwholesalers.com. Pick out units that work for u and PM me the webpages and I'll look at them. If you can afford it go with the P series Mr Slims. They are server room quality and cost more.

Superbeasto

Superbeasto

CJ-
The condenser of split unit says it locks out at 15 degrees F. To use this in the winter, i'm going to have to locate this indoors, in the shop area adjacent to my room. Are there any issues with locating the condenser indoors?

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
@CannabisJohn Can you recommend a cleaning agent to be used to clean a mini split blower fan. I can't seem to take the blower out of my unit, which would make life easier. I've used the airconcare cleaner before, and it worked decent. Due to poor planning, I need to get the fan cleaned asap and don't have time for international shipping. Thank you!

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

CJ-
The condenser of split unit says it locks out at 15 degrees F. To use this in the winter, i'm going to have to locate this indoors, in the shop area adjacent to my room. Are there any issues with locating the condenser indoors?[/QUOTE

You must keep shop below 115F in summer. Gonna require a whole bunch of fans exhausting and intaking air to do that.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

@CannabisJohn Can you recommend a cleaning agent to be used to clean a mini split blower fan. I can't seem to take the blower out of my unit, which would make life easier. I've used the airconcare cleaner before, and it worked decent. Due to poor planning, I need to get the fan cleaned asap and don't have time for international shipping. Thank you!

Simple Green should work

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
After it's clean then use this stuff called bio fresh to help with microbial control.

Superbeasto

Superbeasto

Thanks for the reply! Should I look for a split unit with a condenser rated down to -20F, if they exist? Or should I opt to go with a duct / air handler system that would work 4 seasons in my climate? Exhausting all that heat from my main shop seems illogical.

T

Tylrr420

Hey john hopefully a helpful tip for my mini, I think it may be on its last leg. It's an aura 3 Ton unit and today was the second time I walked into the room to realize it was failing. I've noticed the motör try's to turn on the fan on the condenser but the fan won't spin. Two days ago I gave it a little flick with my finger and it popped right back on. Well today I tried the same thing but it was much harder to spin. I had to chuck it to get it going this time. I tried lubing it so hopefully this helps but if not maybe I can take it apart and grease the inside even better?

Top Bottom