Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Hey john, what mini splits would you recommend for a 20x12 room(sealed) with 10 gavita 750s? 2 3 ton singles(36000btus) or 2 3 ton double(18000btus) units, I'd like to run the singles to save a little money. Or do you think I can use 2 tons instead if 3? Norcal area

-lurkin

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey john, what mini splits would you recommend for a 20x12 room(sealed) with 10 gavita 750s? 2 3 ton singles(36000btus) or 2 3 ton double(18000btus) units, I'd like to run the singles to save a little money. Or do you think I can use 2 tons instead if 3? Norcal area

-lurkin

Only need 4 tons total. Get 2- 2 ton single zone units.

MSH

MSH

I recently bought a portable AC and was wondering if I can hook the ducting on it up to a carbon filter?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Haven't installed one of those. My guess is they are mediocre. But not sure. In our industry seer rating doesn't mean as much. Most of the units with high seer rating have those ratings because the manufacturer assumes they will run at partial load a lot. In our business they mostly run at full load. My suggestions are LG, and Mitsubishi mini splits. Most of the other brands I've worked on and/or installed are nowhere near the quality of LG or Mitsubishi. Or have as good of warranty.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I recently bought a portable AC and was wondering if I can hook the ducting on it up to a carbon filter?

Probably not because it would cause too much of a restriction of air flow.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Haven't installed one of those. My guess is they are mediocre. But not sure. In our industry seer rating doesn't mean as much. Most of the units with high seer rating have those ratings because the manufacturer assumes they will run at partial load a lot. In our business they mostly run at full load. My suggestions are LG, and Mitsubishi mini splits. Most of the other brands I've worked on and/or installed are nowhere near the quality of LG or Mitsubishi. Or have as good of warranty.
Thanks CJ

Tbone

Tbone

Don't use a package unit. Smell can escape to outside thru unit. A mini split typically uses less amperage. A mini split can cool with lower outside temps than a convential unit can without any additional controls. I do have a decent safety factor built into my calcs. I want your room cool in the worst of outdoor temps (100 plus). Even though you may not see those temps very often. I would install 2- 2 ton single zone minis in each flower room. If one goes down you can still run lights at 1/2 lights or so until it's fixed.

Hi john, I have been giving this a lot of thought and am ready to pull the trigger. I like the idea of having 2 x 24000 btu units in case one breaks down except there are actually 3 separate rooms all together and I don't want 5 or 6 outside units lined up. I think it would look less suspicious if I installed something like this?

https://www.acwholesalers.com/LG-Ai...185&subCat=cat1037&trail=1004:LG:5206:24 + 24

If you have time could you look at the specs and advise? 3 of these outside units would definitely look better outside than 6 x 24000 btu.
Thanks, Terry

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hi john, I have been giving this a lot of thought and am ready to pull the trigger. I like the idea of having 2 x 24000 btu units in case one breaks down except there are actually 3 separate rooms all together and I don't want 5 or 6 outside units lined up. I think it would look less suspicious if I installed something like this?

https://www.acwholesalers.com/LG-Air-Conditioners/LMU480HV-LMN247HVT-LMN247HVT-PMBD3620-48000-BTU-19-35-SEER-Heat-Pump/55084.ac?catId=cat1034&mainCat=cat22185&subCat=cat1037&trail=1004:LG:5206:24 + 24

If you have time could you look at the specs and advise? 3 of these outside units would definitely look better outside than 6 x 24000 btu.
Thanks, Terry

Should work

windshear13

windshear13

Hi John

I am looking to design a room based on Gavita recommendations, and I would like your opinion on the cooling requirements. My space will be 40' x 30' and will contain 60 1000 watt Gavita DE lights. What kind of cooling would you recommend for this room? Also, for cooling purposes, would you recommend dividing this room in half in a 20' x 30' layout with 30 lights each?

This is an amazing thread, thank you for your efforts.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hi John

I am looking to design a room based on Gavita recommendations, and I would like your opinion on the cooling requirements. My space will be 40' x 30' and will contain 60 1000 watt Gavita DE lights. What kind of cooling would you recommend for this room? Also, for cooling purposes, would you recommend dividing this room in half in a 20' x 30' layout with 30 lights each?

This is an amazing thread, thank you for your efforts.

Need 30 tons total for that setup. Use convential split systems. Either 6- 5 tons units or 4- 7.5 ton units. U can divide if u want.

windshear13

windshear13

Thanks John. Are conventional splits ductless? And can you recommend a make and model for a 7.5 ton unit?

Tbone

Tbone

Sorry John but I have to ask another question. The 4 ton lG mini split unit I am considering says its rated to cool at outside temps to 14 degrees. What happens if it gets colder outside when in a sealed room environment? Could it damage the outside unit? Would my room not cool? i like the concept of a sealed room but its tricky in a colder environment.
Thanks again in advance

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Sorry John but I have to ask another question. The 4 ton lG mini split unit I am considering says its rated to cool at outside temps to 14 degrees. What happens if it gets colder outside when in a sealed room environment? Could it damage the outside unit? Would my room not cool? i like the concept of a sealed room but its tricky in a colder environment.
Thanks again in advance

It'll cool some but not full capacity. How cold do u get?

Top Bottom