Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Glad to see your back, im setting up a new place and would like your input. Im going to have 4 separate rooms one is 13' ×8 with a 6×4 nook, im calculating 832 cubic ft i want to install 8 1k hoods and assume i will need at least 32000 btu's of ac , im going to install a 1140 cfm 14'' vortex inline with filter. I will have a 6'' intake fan with hepa filter 3 18" standing oscillating fans and 2 wallmounts and possibly a 20L dehumidifier. I have central AC but know it wont be enough, i was planning on not air cooling the lights because thats how I've done it in the past. With raptor 8". Back then i was limited on electrical consumption. I got 2 per hood on a 4×6 area wich is good however if i can do 2k W in a 4×8 area im calculating 4lbs per 4×8 area wich is even better. Can i use a portable 14000 btu portable and if i exhaust the ac and the hoods to the attic would it pose a fire hazard.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

20160326 194816

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Glad to see your back, im setting up a new place and would like your input. Im going to have 4 separate rooms one is 13' ×8 with a 6×4 nook, im calculating 832 cubic ft i want to install 8 1k hoods and assume i will need at least 32000 btu's of ac , im going to install a 1140 cfm 14'' vortex inline with filter. I will have a 6'' intake fan with hepa filter 3 18" standing oscillating fans and 2 wallmounts and possibly a 20L dehumidifier. I have central AC but know it wont be enough, i was planning on not air cooling the lights because thats how I've done it in the past. With raptor 8". Back then i was limited on electrical consumption. I got 2 per hood on a 4×6 area wich is good however if i can do 2k W in a 4×8 area im calculating 4lbs per 4×8 area wich is even better. Can i use a portable 14000 btu portable and if i exhaust the ac and the hoods to the attic would it pose a fire hazard.

Not sure if you're air cooling. You say you're not but then ask if u can vent a/c and lights to attic. Need 48k for 8 non air cooled lights.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Not sure if you're air cooling. You say you're not but then ask if u can vent a/c and lights to attic. Need 48k for 8 non air cooled lights.
I dont like air cooling the lights because of the 10% loss with the glass and diminished uv, wich will affect resin production. I M O .... but your the expert here. If im going to need 48k btu's im going to have to have a dedicated breaker for a 5 ton unit. Or run 4 14k portable units. I know, ridiculous. If i do vent ac hoods and AC into attic would that be a fire Hazzard? I know mold might be an issue i may set up a uv/ ozone generator in the attic. Idk... i need help brother. I already invested in the location snd have to produce by june, july...

E

esoterra

Hi, I hope I'm not asking a question that's already been answered here; I did a search and couldn't find any specific answers to this:

Our new facility is on the 3 phase / 208v power, and we're going to need about 6 to 7.5 tons AC per room (14-15 kw gavitas per room, 5 rooms). I found some split units that have 7.5 ton 3 phase condensers made by Daikin, and air handlers made by goodman:

What are your thoughts on these units and are there better options?

Thanks so much!

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I dont like air cooling the lights because of the 10% loss with the glass and diminished uv, wich will affect resin production. I M O .... but your the expert here. If im going to need 48k btu's im going to have to have a dedicated breaker for a 5 ton unit. Or run 4 14k portable units. I know, ridiculous. If i do vent ac hoods and AC into attic would that be a fire Hazzard? I know mold might be an issue i may set up a uv/ ozone generator in the attic. Idk... i need help brother. I already invested in the location snd have to produce by june, july...

Don't know any reason that venting air into the attic is a fire hazard. Portable a/c units are the worst. No way that they cool the amount they say. Cut back on number of lights until you can afford proper a/c and /or air cool until you can afford more a/c. Without proper cooling you'll affect your yield.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hi, I hope I'm not asking a question that's already been answered here; I did a search and couldn't find any specific answers to this:

Our new facility is on the 3 phase / 208v power, and we're going to need about 6 to 7.5 tons AC per room (14-15 kw gavitas per room, 5 rooms). I found some split units that have 7.5 ton 3 phase condensers made by Daikin, and air handlers made by goodman:

What are your thoughts on these units and are there better options?

Thanks so much!

Goodman and Daikin are same. Not impressed by either. Buy locally thru a HVAC contractor. Buy York, Carrier, or Trane. Had someone buy 5 Goodman/ Daikin split systems for me to install. All 5 air handlers had damage and one had to be sent back. 2 condensers had damage also. I'm not saying that this was caused by Goodman/Daikin. But pointing out a good reason not to order online. Buy locally.

E

esoterra

Goodman and Daikin are same. Not impressed by either. Buy locally thru a HVAC contractor. Buy York, Carrier, or Trane. Had someone buy 5 Goodman/ Daikin split systems for me to install. All 5 air handlers had damage and one had to be sent back. 2 condensers had damage also. I'm not saying that this was caused by Goodman/Daikin. But pointing out a good reason not to order online. Buy locally.

Ok thanks. I will tell our HVAC guy to find a york, carrier, or trane that can use 3 phase/208v. By the way, all of our other spaces that use single phase 240v power are set up using multiple 3 ton mitsubishi mini splits, due to your statements in this thread, and they have all been running flawlessly. They've been working so well, that I'm tempted to do the same in this place, but I know that it would be more efficient to find larger split systems that run on 3phase.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Don't know any reason that venting air into the attic is a fire hazard. Portable a/c units are the worst. No way that they cool the amount they say. Cut back on number of lights until you can afford proper a/c and /or air cool until you can afford more a/c. Without proper cooling you'll affect your yield.
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. Im going to have to do that i guess. Have 2 600w per 4×8 area.

Thelight413

Thelight413

Looking for some advice on a Window unit AC,
I grow in a room within a room, I built a wood frame 9x6x8 and sealed it up with panda plastic, would I be able to install a window unit into the frame of the grow room? I assume I would build a box for the unit to stand on, screw that into the wood frame and seal it up right where the plastic touches the AC on the inside and outside. Would the room the grow room is inside of start to get hot from the window AC and effect grow room temps? Where does a recirculating AC exhaust hot air? I will have co2 with my set up,

Thelight413

Thelight413

Here is a pic of the frame of my room within a room, will I need to vent the room outside of the grow room with a fan?
image1_1.jpg

Thelight413

Thelight413

Just found this post on another thread
"oscillating fan wont be enough to cool the back of the condenser of the ac unit.youll need an ac box with an inline vent fan to remove the heat."

So i assume I could build this box for the Window AC to sit in, cut a hole to hook up exhaust ducting and then have a 6'' inline fan pulling air out of the box cooling the back of the AC.. would this work? If the window unit is shut closed, It shouldn't pull any air out of my grow room right?

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Thanks in advance jhon, your insight is always appreciated. Im thinking of getting a couple of EXCELAIR units, they have the stealth option with the compressor located remotely. And the fan or condenser elsewhere. Im really not knowledgeable on this, i dont know if you can tell. Lmao. .. my question is can i put the fans in my attic ?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Thanks in advance jhon, your insight is always appreciated. Im thinking of getting a couple of EXCELAIR units, they have the stealth option with the compressor located remotely. And the fan or condenser elsewhere. Im really not knowledgeable on this, i dont know if you can tell. Lmao. .. my question is can i put the fans in my attic ?

Can't put condenser in attic. They are overpriced also.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

The faux central AC unit is just a fan. I dont really know exactly what it's supposed to do. I really have little knowledge regarding ac. It is supposed to be outside but i thought it was supposed 2b visible and look like a regular unit but make less noise because the compressor isn't housed in the big part that "goes outdoors" idk what else to say man, except it's painfully obvious that I don't know shieeet. H E L P

Latest posts

Top Bottom