Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

If it wer 2 need various units they're all supposed 2b located outside.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Here are the specs. I dont know of any other unit i can use, but i cant have various "condensors or evaporators" outside of the house when theres a central unit already visible.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Here are the specs. I dont know of any other unit i can use, but i cant have various "condensors or evaporators" outside of the house when theres a central unit already visible.

All a/c condensers need to be outside. Condensers usually house the compressor also. You need to hire a pro. In a very few warehouses I've put one condenser inside but it was maybe one of 7 or more units.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

All a/c condensers need to be outside. Condensers usually house the compressor also. You need to hire a pro. In a very few warehouses I've put one condenser inside but it was maybe one of 7 or more units.
I have to look into the specifics but i believe this unit has the compressor located remotely and the outside part just has a fan. For evaporation purposes maybe. IDK, it's painfully obvious that I don't know jack about this important aspect of growing. SMFH... i really have to thank you for taking the time to reply. And i apologize for askingthe same shit over N over man. What would you recommend, thats what I have to ask. I think my only other option is a portable 5 ton unit and 2.5 ton unit. Wich is practically unattainable.. fuck man

Raj Jah

Raj Jah

Help needed.

Set up: (4) - 684w Fluence Spydrx Plus' (led) over (2) 4x8 beds in a 10 'x 10' x 9'. Running a 1/2 HP chiller in a 32 gallon res (filled to about 15 gal).

With no a/c, the room stays between 85-90, but the chiller condensation seems to keep the Rh up between 55-70 depending on watering schedule.

No option for mini-split or window units as the space is a room inside of a office/warehouse.

How to drop the temp 10-15 degrees?

Already running lights during coolest time of day.

I know portables are no good. Are there any other options? I cannot install ANYTHING outside.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

After some research...Anyone have experience with movincool 10? http://movincool.com/portable-air-conditioners/classic-10 or the OceanAire line? http://www.oceanaire-inc.com/portable-air-conditioner-units/water-cooled/

Seems like these would be ideal... even if they're 10X my budget.
I always thought it funny when people replied to their own posts... now I get it. :cry: Mind going 350mph, credit card shaking in hand.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE

MovinCool are just portables and the other one wastes water to cool the condenser. Unless you have a way to reuse water after cooling it down

Raj Jah

Raj Jah

Just a portable? Is it a decent one for my purpose?

It's either a movincool unit or another chiller and about 3 or 4 ice box units... and a big dehum at this point then. Any other suggestions?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Go with iceboxes and a chiller or 2 10k dual hose cheapy portables,you need more like 18k btus anyways not 10k.If you have more money than you know what to do with go with movincools,best of luck!

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Go with iceboxes and a chiller or 2 10k dual hose cheapy portables,you need more like 18k btus anyways not 10k.If you have more money than you know what to do with go with movincools,best of luck!

What he said but don't put chiller in the grow.

Raj Jah

Raj Jah

Thank you both very much. Addtl chiller and a couple ice boxes it is... to start. The lights run about 85f, hoping to be able to drop the temp to low 70's if possible. Thanks again.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Hey john! Thanks for all the knowledge you share.! I had a question for you ...

I am building 4 rooms. They are all 22'x14'x14', completely sealed running 10k in Gavitas. Would two 24k BTU's, totalling 48k be enough to cool each room?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hey john! Thanks for all the knowledge you share.! I had a question for you ...

I am building 4 rooms. They are all 22'x14'x14', completely sealed running 10k in Gavitas. Would two 24k BTU's, totalling 48k be enough to cool each room?

I recommend 60k btus total for each room assuming you're using mini splits or regular split units.

H

Hellomo

Thanks for all the info here but I have a simple question, can I use an 8000 btu window unit to cool 2 1kw hps lights that are being vented and exhausted with an 8 inch vortex fan and scrubber? I have a wall fan as well, it's a 10x7x7 room.

Thanks a bunch

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Thanks for all the info here but I have a simple question, can I use an 8000 btu window unit to cool 2 1kw hps lights that are being vented and exhausted with an 8 inch vortex fan and scrubber? I have a wall fan as well, it's a 10x7x7 room.

Thanks a bunch

I recommend 6000 btus per 1kw of light

EatPizza

EatPizza

Awesome thread!!! Noobie question: What would be some good mini split brands around the 36,000 BTU range?? LG?

sixstring

sixstring

@CannabisJohn do you know where i can find specific info on the mr slim mini splits? i looked at the mitsu web site and its confusing as hell. i am doing a load sheet for my new shop for the power company.they are asking some tech questions and i need to know specifics on the 3 ton heat pumps,like how many tons cooling and how many tons heating.plus the amp draws and inrush currents.what i want is the best model 3 ton mr slim.unless they make a better model than the mr slims?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

@CannabisJohn do you know where i can find specific info on the mr slim mini splits? i looked at the mitsu web site and its confusing as hell. i am doing a load sheet for my new shop for the power company.they are asking some tech questions and i need to know specifics on the 3 ton heat pumps,like how many tons cooling and how many tons heating.plus the amp draws and inrush currents.what i want is the best model 3 ton mr slim.unless they make a better model than the mr slims?

Their 3 ton units are typically 33,000 btus per hour not 36 as the name 3 ton would suggest. There is no inrush if you are using inverter type units which all Mitsubishis are as far as I know. Running current is around 18 amps at full load. All this depends on model number

Top Bottom