Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Any of you guys ever run Fujitsu. I have been running them for years with great luck .my dad is a AC contractor and that is the only thing he runs. He always said Mitsubishi was good but his suppliers don't carry it. What kind of seer ratings do the Mitsubishis have? My 1.5 ton Fujitsu is 19 seer and my 2 tons are 17 seer. I just bought some 2 tons for 1900 each with line sets and plastic pad but that is through my dad's account.

senville

senville

We're a manufacturer of mini split air conditioners, and we have quite a few customers who use our systems for grow rooms. Not too sure about Klimaire over-all, but we are their direct competitor. We do our best to make sure that our systems are solid, durable and we do our best at servicing parts replacements. If any of you are interested or need a system, you can take a look at our mini split systems, the brand name is Senville. We've got great deals and pricing most of the year and would be happy to help out.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
All indoor farmers be very weary on off brand manufacturers of HVAC units. I work in the commercial industry we buy package units and splits for different applications. I only use Carrier or York I always steer towards Carrier. But if you have the money Mitsubishi splits are the way to go. If your going with a package unit always go with a belt drive.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
No experience with that brand we usually steer toward Dekine mini split just did an install with a 2.5 ton and paid $1300 for a complete system. Doesn't include install. Another good web look is HVAC. Com good luck

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Here's the scoop ladies and gentlemen. Fujistu and Mitshushi are the same in quality and warranty. 7 years on compressor and 5 years on parts. Most other brands of mini splits have maybe 5 years on compressor and 1 year parts. Also both of those brands have similar high seer ratings depending on model numbers. LG has same warranty but has too many problems IMO. I love York for larger commercial units. Dont be fooled Daikin is just garbage Goodman rebranded. Actually Daikin bought them out but the product is still the same junk last time I installed it 2 months ago. Unfortunately budget dictates too much when we buy HVAC units. Stay away from the brands saying they are geared towards our industry. In most cases they have low seer ratings, expensive, and all around less than stellar units. Of course all this doesn't apply to every single unit ever installed. Every body produces a lemon or problem unit once in a while. With the good units it happens way less and a lot of times it's caused by the installer. For the most part you get what you pay for in equipment and installers.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hi John. I was wondering if you would assume 6,000 BTU of cooling for 1,000 watts of fluorescent lighting as you would for HID? I know the HID ballast runs around 2,500 BTU, making up part of that 6,000 value. Is a fluorescent ballast (T5) responsible for approximately 40% of the heat calculation? Or would it require less than 6,000 BTU to cool 1000 watts of fluoro?

Thanks!

I don't do much fluorescent only rooms but use the 6000 btus per kW number cause most people don't put their ballasts in their room.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I gotta say CJ... you crack me up with the shortness and directness of your replies... but I be looking forward to them now. Keep on keepin on brotha! You vote today?! LOL

LH

Thanks man. Sometimes quick and direct is my best way cause I hate try to sugar coat things plus most of this shit I've said (written) 20 or more times.

NE Gardens

NE Gardens

I have some power constraints at a commercial location. I have about 50 amps of power available for cooling, per room. What would you suggest to get the most cooling for that amount of amps?

I'm considering three x 3 ton mitsubishi mini splits (4240 max cooling watts @ 230v = 18.5 max amps per unit), but would I be able to get more cooling with a larger York split or package system?

Thanks so much for your expertise.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I have some power constraints at a commercial location. I have about 50 amps of power available for cooling, per room. What would you suggest to get the most cooling for that amount of amps?

I'm considering three x 3 ton mitsubishi mini splits (4240 max cooling watts @ 230v = 18.5 max amps per unit), but would I be able to get more cooling with a larger York split or package system?

Thanks so much for your expertise.

Depends. Is it single phase or 3 phase power?

NE Gardens

NE Gardens

Depends. Is it single phase or 3 phase power?
At this particular location, no, it is single phase 240.

However, I'm also planning a new build out at a place that is on 3 phase 208v power, so I'd be curious as to what you would recommend for that as well.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

At this particular location, no, it is single phase 240.

However, I'm also planning a new build out at a place that is on 3 phase 208v power, so I'd be curious as to what you would recommend for that as well.

3 -3 ton Mr Slims exceed 50 amps. At max power it would be about 55 amps. If you can get that much, 9 tons, you won't get more from a York.

For the 3 phase place use York 3 phase condensing units.

NE Gardens

NE Gardens

Ok, then 3x 3 tons it is. Thanks!
3 -3 ton Mr Slims exceed 50 amps. At max power it would be about 55 amps. If you can get that much, 9 tons, you won't get more from a York.

For the 3 phase place use York 3 phase condensing units.

NE Gardens

NE Gardens

To calculate the amp load for a larger split unit, can I sum (compressor RLA) + (condensor fan RLA) + (air handler fan FLA) to get an estimate of the total amp draw? Or am I missing something in there?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

To calculate the amp load for a larger split unit, can I sum (compressor RLA) + (condensor fan RLA) + (air handler fan FLA) to get an estimate of the total amp draw? Or am I missing something in there?

You got it

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

@Cannabisjohn you ever a/c a greenhouse? We got a 24x24 light dep greenhouse, I want to cool it down for summer we were thinking 2- 3 ton mini splits. Some other guys think I'm crazy but we have plenty of power

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

@Cannabisjohn you ever a/c a greenhouse? We got a 24x24 light dep greenhouse, I want to cool it down for summer we were thinking 2- 3 ton mini splits. Some other guys think I'm crazy but we have plenty of power

I've never done that. What kind of temps does it get to? How much are u trying to cool it down?

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I don't know how hot it will get we just built it in the spring so it really hasn't got hot yet but we are in the IE area so it is hot. it's supposed to be close to 110 next week. I would really like to keep it below 90.

Top Bottom