Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Calling the electrical genius's.

Buddy had an idea to use a light controller as the power source for the a.c., plugging the trigger cord into the green house controller to turn on and off.

See pic

View attachment 715171
I am not an electrician but I can tell you one thing you better make sure you up the gauge of your chords if you're going to try to run an AC unit. And there is a good chance your controller will not handle it. The specs might tell you it will but what could happen is long-term use it will get hot and Fry.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'm using 12/2 wire for the power cord from wall to light controller. Also using 12/2 wire for the power cord of the a.c. unit.

Imo, speaking from a power only stand point, an a.c. and a 1000w ballast are not too far off from each other as far as power needs.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I'm using 12/2 wire for the power cord from wall to light controller. Also using 12/2 wire for the power cord of the a.c. unit.

Imo, speaking from a power only stand point, an a.c. and a 1000w ballast are not too far off from each other as far as power needs.
It is also going to depend on how long your cords are whether or not they are thick enough.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Like I said, everything's 12/2.

This is basically the same setup as @CannabisJohn 4 posts up mentioned on building. Same principals, afaik.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
and dnewsome2, that's the second time in two days i've had to merge 3 of your rapid-fire posts into one. before hitting the "Post Reply" button, please take a moment, think about whether or not you want to add something, and add it before you click. you're not texting, you're posting. we all try to keep John's thread nice and clean for him!

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

and dnewsome2, that's the second time in two days i've had to merge 3 of your rapid-fire posts into one. before hitting the "Post Reply" button, please take a moment, think about whether or not you want to add something, and add it before you click. you're not texting, you're posting. we all try to keep John's thread nice and clean for him!
Okay I will try to figure this out.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Thanks for the kind words. How goes it old timer? How's life?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@CannabisJohn

Finally got my 15k window unit power issue figured out. Now I have another issue. This unit is shittingnthe compressor off before desired tek is reached. The unit still runs, but shuts compressor off like its at temp. Which it's not. Any tips before I return it and get a new one?

Filter is clean
No obstructions
Does blow out cold ass air when compressors on.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

@CannabisJohn

Finally got my 15k window unit power issue figured out. Now I have another issue. This unit is shittingnthe compressor off before desired tek is reached. The unit still runs, but shuts compressor off like its at temp. Which it's not. Any tips before I return it and get a new one?

Filter is clean
No obstructions
It should have what is called a swing setting. Sometimes you have to push two buttons simultaneously to get it to pop up basically it gives you a range when it will kick on and off within like 1 to 9 degrees or something

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

@CannabisJohn

Filter is clean
No obstructions
There is also a little thermostat that sits right on top of the evaporator coil. It can get bumped off and stuff changing filters make sure it is on its clip.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

@CannabisJohn

Filter is clean
No obstructions
The little thermostat you should be able to see it through the grill on the evaporator. Make sure it is not touching the evaporator that will make it think it is colder than it is.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Some of those models have a feature where it will run for a minute or so after the compressor shuts off the compressor then it will shut off the whole unit. Try taking it off energy conservative mode

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

@CannabisJohn

Filter is clean
No obstructions
I found that mind works better if I just leave the unit running all the time and let the compressor Cycles on and off as needed it seems to hold a more consistent temperature.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

That's not what's happening here. It seems like the unit has came down to temp, this shutting the compressor off, leaving the unit running. This is not how I want it to be running. If so, I'll go back to my portable setup which works decently. I'm going to make a few adjustments tonight. Move the units thermostat to a new location, move fan on floor blowing up over so it's not blowing directly across the units intake portion of the unit. If that doesn't work, I'll return it and away for a new one to be delivered.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

That's not what's happening here. It seems like the unit has came down to temp, this shutting the compressor off, leaving the unit running. This is not how I want it to be running. If so, I'll go back to my portable setup which works decently. I'm going to make a few adjustments tonight. Move the units thermostat to a new location, move fan on floor blowing up over so it's not blowing directly across the units intake portion of the unit. If that doesn't work, I'll return it and away for a new one to be delivered.
I'm pretty sure when you set it for the mode where it shuts completely down. It will go into an automatic swing setting and it's kind of wide.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

That's why I run mine all the time I can have my swing at 1 degree and it keeps it very consistent.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I get what you're saying here it's not the swing setting

Top Bottom