Grow Room design-RDWC questions and ideas

• Thread starter Cool_Beans
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

I got my buckets mocked up so I can finish boxing everything in. They'll have little stands built under them for support, boxed in and insulated etc. They are relatively inexpensive buckets so I'll have a couple more to move plants as needed, this way I can leave them in the lids for the duration once they go in as seedlings. At least that is my plan lol.

20230105 105116
20230105 105144
20230105 105215
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I got my buckets mocked up so I can finish boxing everything in. They'll have little stands built under them for support, boxed in and insulated etc. They are relatively inexpensive buckets so I'll have a couple more to move plants as needed, this way I can leave them in the lids for the duration once they go in as seedlings. At least that is my plan lol.
For some reason I'm experiencing Deja Vu.........

Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

I know nobody will concur with my choice but this is what i use. I use that controller, but replace the stock electrode with an Apera one. Calibrate it and i'm golden. I have been using this combo for near 2 months. I like it so much i'm buying another set now that's on a super sale of $34 USD to use for my other setup.

View attachment 1316960
Hey as long as it does its job, the less I have to spend the better lol. I'll check it out, thanks!

ninjadip

ninjadip

Hey as long as it does its job, the less I have to spend the better lol. I'll check it out, thanks!
I am really impressed with it. I paid the full price of $100 on my first one, and now i got this one for 1/3 of that price. I did learn on the first one that the stock ph probe is junk and should be trashed instantly, but a good Apera one is cheap on Amazon, and since i replaced that, haven't had one problem.

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

I know nobody will concur with my choice but this is what i use. I use that controller, but replace the stock electrode with an Apera one. Calibrate it and i'm golden. I have been using this combo for near 2 months. I like it so much i'm buying another set now that's on a super sale of $34 USD to use for my other setup.

View attachment 1316960
What pump are you using for ph?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Hopefully in a good way lol. I'm just winging it and having fun.
That depends on your perspective......🤭

Buddy decides he wants to try out DWC. We go to HD and he buys 30gal Brutes. He buys eight 6 inch disc air stones and a big aquarium air pump. 8" Net pots and hydroton. The whole time this is going on I'm asking him if his wifes going to be cool with this. He tells me he's the man of the house, blah blah blah.

Wife comes home and flips out yelling "THERE ARE TRASH CANS FULL OF WATER IN MY DINING ROOM!!!!!"

Buddy skulks off like a puppy with his tail between his legs while I'm on the floor laughing at my buddy. Wife kicks me out and wouldn't talk to me for a week. She finally talks to me and I ask her why she wouldn't talk to me. She said I'm the adult between me and my buddy and I should've stopped him.😄

ninjadip

ninjadip

Buddy decides he wants to try out DWC. We go to HD and he buys 30gal Brutes. He buys eight 6 inch disc air stones and a big aquarium air pump. 8" Net pots and hydroton. The whole time this is going on I'm asking him if his wifes going to be cool with this. He tells me he's the man of the house, blah blah blah.

Wife comes home and flips out yelling "THERE ARE TRASH CANS FULL OF WATER IN MY DINING ROOM!!!!!"

Buddy skulks off like a puppy with his tail between his legs while I'm on the floor laughing at my buddy. Wife kicks me out and wouldn't talk to me for a week. She finally talks to me and I ask her why she wouldn't talk to me. She said I'm the adult between me and my buddy and I should've stopped him.😄
Your buddy should have done the little trick I did on my wife. Start off small and then ask for more

Started with my a 2x4. She agreed that it was too short, it was a short one. And gave me the ok for the 4x4. Now I have a 4x4 and a 2x2 lol. I sold the 2x4 to a friend

Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

That's hilarious. Mine thought the little 10gal brutes were "adorable". She is actually 100% into this and excited about doing it as well, so I'm pretty lucky. She is actually grabbing me some more 2x4s at Lowes as we speak lol. Dont think I'd try setting up in the dining room though haha.

Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

Your buddy should have done the little trick I did on my wife. Start off small and then ask for more

Started with my a 2x4. She agreed that it was too short, it was a short one. And gave me the ok for the 4x4. Now I have a 4x4 and a 2x2 lol. I sold the 2x4 to a friend
It works! I started with the 3x3 and after 1 plant/harvest got the green light to build out whatever I wanted, just keep that sweet medicine comin' :)

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Yeah but he's the man of the house............

😂 😂 😂 😂 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

It works! I started with the 3x3 and after 1 plant/harvest got the green light to build out whatever I wanted, just keep that sweet medicine comin' :)
They always relent when the flower's ready to burn!!!😂

Had an ex GF that was super paranoid about growing at the house even though she smoked like a chimney. She was always looking out the window whenever I'd be in the tent taking care of the girls thinking that DEA was about to raid the place. Once she realized she could smoke all day.....FOR FREE.....she asked if we could set up a few more tents for variety!😐🤣

Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

I got everything swabbed with a good dose of mold and mildew primer, tomorrow I can start fitting the styrofoam insulation board. Decided to add a switched outlet for the pump to make things real fancy.

I'm guessing two weeks left on these chucklefucks, then I can pillage my tent for gear to put in the new space. They're starting to lean all over the place lol.

20230108 172445
Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

Thank you! They are Current Culture bulkheads, I ordered them from Amazon. If these dont work I'll go with Banjo, which is what I have for my 3/4" inlet/outlet bulkheads. The buckets have well supported bottoms that should keep the weight off of the fitting.

20230105 105840
Top Bottom