Growers depression? you ever get it

• Thread starter Camdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Camdawg

Camdawg

I have trouble getting myself to do what needs to be done. i know how to do it i just can't get myself motivated this ever happen to anyone else and what helps you.

B

BongToker

smoke some herb down, and now think about how much better your own herb will be.. happens to me all the time stay motivated homie:smiley_joint:

420king-MASSES

the only thing that i procrastinate with is transplanting sometimes i mite let them go an extra week or to b4 i get around to it

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
When I have to go out at 2 am and plant or water. I never have lack of motivation with my indoor garden. I also never have a lack of motivation to go out and harvest. I do with trimming though.

Smoking weed helps to overcome it for me.

devious d

devious d

getting all the rootballs and clay balls bagged up and clean out the flood and drain for the next run, but then the clones need there new home and work most go on. yea a couple of times ive been lazy over the yrs not giving my 100% and each time my crops suffered you gotta be on top of yer game, shit for 5 yrs i was working on sites diamond drilling, come home and do my shit, you get back what you put in bro

sky high

sky high

"You get back what you put in" pretty much says it all.

The exception to this is the person who hovers over their garden and makes so many changes they fuck shit up and never know WTF they did wrong. LOL.

My lack of interest often comes in times of intense back/neck pain. It's better now that I moved my garden and don't have to crawl/bend to do my thing (OUCH), but there are still days when I NEED to change the res or do some other basic task that I've blown it off completely because neither my mind OR my body was into it.:scared0016:

what snaps me back many times is merely thinking how LUCKY I am to be able to grow this plant with at least >some< sense of quasi-legality under my feet. Thinking back to the many years where sleep was a luxury and closed eyes meant dreams of cells and pigs and folks IN my grow room it usually only takes me a SECOND to realize that "all is well" and then i'm heading out to do some gardening. (after the required doobie break to >complete< the transformation from gloom to BOOM):fixed:

be well, all

s h

waayne

waayne

When I have to go out at 2 am and plant or water. I never have lack of motivation with my indoor garden. I also never have a lack of motivation to go out and harvest. I do with trimming though.

Smoking weed helps to overcome it for me.
me too!!!! :passingjoint:
I start a new seed project about every 3-5 weeks,running new genetics always
keeps me motivated as there is always new phenos to test and new strains to dial in! :fixed:

true grit

true grit

I have encountered this when I've battled actual depression....really found the best thing to do is make yourself get up and active in the grow room and force your mind to start focusing on that task. Much like using tasks to occuply yourself. Many folks with depression/bipolar reallocated that depression/anxiety to tasks. Not the healthiest way to deal with issues, but it keeps the room up to speed....

wonka

wonka

i mainly get it when it comes time to transplant... think it has to do with being in a apt n all i got to do to keep things tidey... took a bit to snap out of it this morning, but i got things rolling.... w.wonka

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm with sky high, I have a problem when I'm physically not doing well, and that's about it. Of course, those physical problems can lead to feeling depressed, too. Since last October my bigger problem has been my granddaughter. There is only so much I can do with her around, and only so much I can do while she's asleep. So that leaves me only a small window in the early evenings, right when I'm starting to feel most wiped out and am ready to relax before bed.

I'm still pretty disorganized when it comes to timing of things, like getting one tray of clones ready for when the current run is finished. Just like when I cook dinner, I never have everything ready at the same time, there's always something that was finished quickly that has to wait while other things get done.

sedate

sedate

true grit said:
I have encountered this when I've battled actual depression....really found the best thing to do is make yourself get up and active in the grow room and force your mind to start focusing on that task

I go to the gym.

Nothing motivates me like swimming 20 laps and lifting for a few hours.

A

antimatter

No just do it, if certain tasks cause you pain then automate things and change your growing system for less labor.

A

AkasiaImNooB

I'm currently doing my first grow, i get the same feeling when i see my plant have some yellowing it brings me down and i'd be like fuck it, tho i go smoke a bowl and i'm back in business, trying to figure out ways to save my plants. Just keep it up imo eventually its going to get done, time goes by FAST it will be no time until you can harvest! good luck on your grow ^^

S

Sirius

first of all, great thread! I am with a few of you on different levels. I suffer from minor depression as well. There was some excellent advice here and i would just like to expand a little.

First of all like sedate said, physical activities bring up endorphin levels. Drinking lots of water while working keeps me from getting tired or demotivated as well. And make sure when you get up to eat some protein. Oh yeah, hold off on that bowl till after breakfast too...

Those are just some holistic remedies. I would also encourage you to stay on top of your garden, at all costs. Like Akasia said, and I agree.. when things start going to shit its a real downer and that just makes you want to give up... Here is the answer. DONT. Get er done homie. Stay up for 3 days until your room is clean, plants are spotless and got a nice haircut.. they will be happy and so will you.. and more motivated too! I have to do this occasionally, but you know, thats the price we pay for our line of work.

And like seamaiden, I have a daughter that is with me full time and I am a single dad. Things are tough. I dont have time to get depressed or fall behind because if I do, there is no telling when I will be able to play catch up. Stay on top of your shit man...

edit: If you drink alcohol, quit. It is no good. Someone that I look up to (Swerve) inspired me to quit drinking and since I have I have been a much better person and grower. Thanks bro.

To tell you the truth I have had some pretty bad depression since the latest big news hit the farm. I hope things start getting a little more cheery around here. Because this is a chill spot.. But things are tough all over.. and we can't change things just accept them. Or can we?

S

Sense I. Milla

Motivation comes easy for some and harder for others. I know I can't just wake up and "be motivated", I need to eat, grab a cup of coffee, and smoke some great sensi (in that order) otherwise I'm pretty much useless.

C

cheyenne

I go to the gym.

A big word to that. Theres nothing like vigorous exercise to aid a general feeling of well being...while actually promoting real well being and health! Hit the gym, the trail, get into yoga whateva, exercise is crucial!

ludacris

ludacris

only little advice i can give, is to set an exercise regime up. works wonders for the body and mind, and then the soul.

start small, and build it up, helped me get motivated. :)

G

grenbone

I think everyone here is offering great advice. Thinking about my true intentions, and quality of the end product is what keeps me on top of shit. Making sure everything is clean and organized helps my mind to feel more motived and less cluttered. Chill music and arranging your grow area in a way to make it a chill zone as well as your work zone can be a good way to stay motivated. It also makes it more pleasant of an environment for when you take those breaks to muse over your babies.Hang in there bro,and good luck with your grow! Keep in mind that you are never truly alone.

-G

D

DazedNconfussed

I go to the gym.

Same here, after a intense workout at the gym or my mma class weed never feels better....must have something to do with the endorphin high combined with the cannabis.

S

Skunkenstein

I recently stopped Production{cept cuttings}and Literally cleaned and reorganized my whole area!! What a difference..I bought new stackable shelves,rolling mechanics tool box,padded reclinable office chair,ect.Now when I walk in, I dont have that Overwhelmed feeling..''clean the Mess,do cuttings,Transplant,water,fertalize,ect,ect.ect.Organization made everything so much better and Easier!!!

Top Bottom