Growers depression? you ever get it

• Thread starter Camdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

Xceptional

after a run i bullshit. all the work of maintaining them plants and then chopping and trimming and drying them just wears me out! after ever run i'd like to replace my hose on my Ebb and Grow and have so far every run which takes about 4 hours. then i got to dump all the hydroton and either wash it (not happening) or replace it either way i have to get it out my room and to a dumpster, somewhere. then i want to clean the floor, clean the system buy new hydroton lugging around big ass bags i got to clean before i can use man its a pain in the ass! i envisoned my room running non stop but usually a few weeks lapse between runs just due to lazyness. i should chop all my plants and just hang them for a day as full plants while i knock out cleaning my room and putting new clones in and dumping and refilling my res but i dont. one day i'll get that efficient!

one more reason i want a UC. just a big ass root mass that i could dump all of them into a a few Rubbermaid totes and throw in the truck and dump and flush the system and pop in a few plants. that sounds like it would take like 2 hours to get new plants going and then i could work on trimming!

F

farmerjohn

Sure. Growers Depression. It's a clinical disease now, I think. Mine came when the electric company shut off the juice when I had 30 plants @ day 35 flowering! Luckily, I had a place to move them, but watching the sun for two weeks now, as it slowly vegges my next wave, has brought on a serious case of "grower's depression". It should all be back to normal in a few days, so hopefully my depression will fade away, with a bit of help from a few Norcos!

Z

zoeronerer

i keep it 100 ..................

"farmer jon stay off the farmies "

G

grenbone

Sure. Growers Depression. It's a clinical disease now, I think. Mine came when the electric company shut off the juice when I had 30 plants @ day 35 flowering! Luckily, I had a place to move them, but watching the sun for two weeks now, as it slowly vegges my next wave, has brought on a serious case of "grower's depression". It should all be back to normal in a few days, so hopefully my depression will fade away, with a bit of help from a few Norcos!

LOL, I'm right there with you farmerjohn! :headbang (minus the Norcos)
:passingjoint:

When shit like this happens, the best thing to do is to not panic and to stay focused. Looking to the future and planing on the next stages helps in keeping your head up and positive. Staying Irie and knowing every thing will be cool will help to make it so.

F

farmerjohn

Absolutely good advice, bone! When the world hands us lemons, ......well, you know the rest! lol After reading the majority of the replies in this string, I see many are overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of work involved in a successful grow operation. I have always looked forward to the "work". Yet I must admit, there is much to do. Much more than most people expect in the beginning, I suppose. I make a game of it, by keeping a journal that lists all the things that need to be done. I then cross off or add information about what actually gets done. This helps twofold. First, the plan gets accomplished & second, results dictate future plans. I can compare notes from different grows & see what labors have been the most beneficial. Also, new plans may emerge, that allow us to reduce certain tiresome tasks, to just when they must be performed. Watering is one for me. But by only watering when they really need it, I have found I water less. That's a win-win right there! Less work, happier, healthier plants! I'm sure there are other examples of a similar nature, if we look for them.
:boogie:

420king-MASSES

morning nookie gets the blood pumping :)

or maybe a nooner if you are a sleep in kind of person,

great ideas guys

Sirius, we ask for strength to accept things that we cannot change as its tough finding that groove to cope with all the bs life can throw at u. I believe perspective is everything and know life has a balance. For all the fucked up things that have happened to me there are equal things that I have been blessed with. Balance,.. so if you know you are eating a shit sandwich about now,.. the good times are a coming,.. and the inverse is true, if you are on could nine, that too will change, but we will rebound. Its the nature of life my friends :)

dude if i get laid in the morning im not moving the rest of the day im in heaven smokin weed eatin perks and also to be honest with you guys i get up smoke a cig get dressed for work grab a coffee from dnds then smoke a phat unpoppable bowl and eat my first half of a 15 or 30 milligrm perk or half a methadone and rock out with my cock out for the rest of the day in the beatin sun on a roof you know what i say guys no rest for the wicked :boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie:

sedate

sedate

Sirius said:
If you drink alcohol, quit. It is no good. Someone that I look up to (Swerve) inspired me to quit drinking and since I have I have been a much better person and grower. Thanks bro.

^^^ That. +1.

That shit never did anyone, anywhere, any fucking favors. Except maybe Jim Koch or Pete Coors. Other than that - no help from that shit.

ludacris said:
only little advice i can give, is to set an exercise regime up. works wonders for the body and mind, and then the soul.

cheyenne said:
A big word to that. Theres nothing like vigorous exercise to aid a general feeling of well being...while actually promoting real well being and health! Hit the gym, the trail, get into yoga whateva, exercise is crucial!

DazedNConfused said:
Same here, after a intense workout at the gym or my mma class weed never feels better....must have something to do with the endorphin high combined with the cannabis.

It is somewhat difficult to overstate the benefits of regular excercise.

And I agree with u Dazed - it is also difficult to overstate the bonghits + post-excercise endorphin high. I love that shit.

The neurological benefits are profound, far reaching, and life-altering - and the physical benefits are much the same in scope.

Excercise - it's the only *real* miracle drug we have.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
^^^ That. +1.

That shit never did anyone, anywhere, any fucking favors. Except maybe Jim Koch or Pete Coors. Other than that - no help from that shit.

Actually... there was that one time at Colette & Roy's wedding when I was drinking these bomb white Russians. I'm usually a teetotaler, rarely beer, sometimes wine and very, very rarely hard alcohol. But the bartender was using this very most excellent vodka that had no taste at all and hit me in the head pretty quickly and DAMN if it didn't take every little bit of hip and back pain away! I was literally (for the first time in a long time) feeling no pain.

Before that I'd always wondered where that saying came from. Guess I'd never been drunk enough before that.

Sometimes, when I think of all the places I'd like to travel to and their policies on drugs I get depressed. Because there are some really neat places to dive and whatnot.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
hmmm funny I always thought I was just a procrastinator, now I find out Im actually depressed... maybe theres a pill for that.

I can see the commercials now...

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
im depressed at the moment bcuz i cant have a garden at the moment it sucks

420king-MASSES

hmmm funny I always thought I was just a procrastinator, now I find out Im actually depressed... maybe theres a pill for that.

I can see the commercials now...

do you smoke and get paranoid do you grow the kindest buds in your town and are all down well i got just the thing for you eat one of these lil blue pills for ya

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
do you smoke and get paranoid do you grow the kindest buds in your town and are all down well i got just the thing for you eat one of these lil blue pills for ya

my fav part of those commercials is the side effects.

one diet drug listed side effects as: may cause gas with oily discharge, frequent bowel movements and the inability to control them.

sedate

sedate

motherlode said:
may cause gas with oily discharge, frequent bowel movements and the inability to control them.

That's Olestra. It binds to the lipids in the small intestine and prevents them from being absorbed. It effectively reduces dietary fat by about 30%.

Obviously, those lipids have to go somewhere . . .

Not a better choice than - say - excercise.

C

Cloud 99

theres been a lot of good advice and i can vouch for eating and some calastetics b4 smoking instead of wake and bake.also when im to down or to lazy to get to the garden Looking at all the great grows on here motivates me to wanna keep my shit tight so i get my ass in there and make it happen.I hope you find something that works 4 you(and hopefully not prescription drugs hard drugs or liquor).

420king-MASSES

there aint nothing wrong with a script full of perkys they perk u up and then to blaze oh man im about to cum in my draws wow nothing better and chasing the perk and bowl wit a coffee ahhh now thats the breakfast of champions

C

cheyenne

there aint nothing wrong with a script full of perkys they perk u up and then to blaze oh man im about to cum in my draws wow nothing better and chasing the perk and bowl wit a coffee ahhh now thats the breakfast of champions

Man all this talk about perks and xanax and vikes, man pills are soul killers guys. fuck the pharms! Those are the guys with the $$$ keeping us down and making us slaves!

F

farmerjohn

We did seem to get into a phamicalogical discussion, that is definitely off topic. I only mentioned that a small amount of hydrocodone goes a long way in improving my ability to knuckle down & get the work done, without complaint! I suffer from more than just aches & pains & find that "mother's little helpers" make it possible for me to do the manual labor.:icon_spin:

S

SVC889

Man all this talk about perks and xanax and vikes, man pills are soul killers guys. fuck the pharms! Those are the guys with the $$$ keeping us down and making us slaves!

I'm with this dude, the pharm is like the darkside yo. :fighting0040: pharm doesn't want cannabis legal do you know how many pharmaceutical products would become nearly obsolete if cannabis where to become legal?

now me I get depressed when I'm not growing something. I get over it by planting seeds.

C

cheyenne

We did seem to get into a phamicalogical discussion, that is definitely off topic. I only mentioned that a small amount of hydrocodone goes a long way in improving my ability to knuckle down & get the work done, without complaint! I suffer from more than just aches & pains & find that "mother's little helpers" make it possible for me to do the manual labor.:icon_spin:

If thats the case order some somniferum seeds and grow your own opium in the garden. But fuck pfizer et al.

Top Bottom